+ Reply
Page 94 of 172 FirstFirst ... 44 849293949596 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3429

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey there. I am referring to the weather updating. I have it set for 5 minutes. But it hangs a lot. It could be over an hour before it updates
    Thanks

Hey there. I am referring to the weather updating. I have it set for 5 minutes. But it hangs a lot. It could be over an hour before it updates the weather.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 3,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Hey there. I am referring to the weather updating. I have it set for 5 minutes. But it hangs a lot. It could be over an hour before it updates the weather.
    Have you Reset Location & Privacy in Settings--> Reset?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Yes I did a full reset two days ago. I don't have any problem with the location updating. My only problem is the weather updating at my set time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Yes I did a full reset two days ago. I don't have any problem with the location updating. My only problem is the weather updating at my set time.
    I understand. You're now on a growing list of people, myself and 18 other regulars here, that have had lots of anomalies with WidgetWeather functioning correctly. It hasn't been as stable with iOS6's jailbreak as some other new tweaks. For many it works perfectly, all day, every day.. For at least 19 of us and now you, makes 20, we have troubles.

I think it has something to do with what the earlier evasi0n jailbreak did to our Weather.app. Most of those I've interviewed with WW problems - were those of us that used the early 1.1 or 1.2 version of the evasi0n jailbreak. Still a great tweak concept and implementation for the most part! I hope SDDev can get to the bottom of these issues over in iOS7 after jailbreak. For those of us who have these updating problems.. the people I've interfaced with are not able to get a fix after trying many things. Glad to hear your location is doing fine. Mine is sporadic.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-01-2013 at 03:37 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,505 Times in 1,530 Posts

Is it just that lockscreen or other WW locks doing it ?
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-01-2013), King_O_Hill (12-01-2013), mcooper (12-01-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,092 Times in 5,482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Is it just that lockscreen or other WW locks doing it ?
    Very good question!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-01-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013), mcooper (12-01-2013), RKO1195 (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 2,559 Posts

Yea NewD is right. I used the first evader jailbreak. It broke my weather app. And my weather app will not work without the Cydia weather app fix. End result. After 2 weeks of constant WW updates and constant rebooting. No fix. Can not get the XML to create. I even used Durbens XML file for a solid week. Hoping mine would kick in and the GPS would over write the XML for my location and would just start "magically" work. Lol. No good

My next step would be to run iLex and wipe my phone and use the most current evader jB But. This is the only problem I have had with this phone since purchasing and jail breaking last February. So it is what it is
    Last edited by hemptation; 12-01-2013 at 06:44 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (12-01-2013), King_O_Hill (12-01-2013), The_Durben (12-01-2013)

Thanks

10,000+ downloads and only 20 with known issues. I say not bad at all!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (12-01-2013), lostinthemes (12-03-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013), RKO1195 (12-02-2013), The_Durben (12-01-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    10,000+ downloads and only 20 with known issues. I say not bad at all!
    People can download more than once and that shows as a fresh download in Cydia.. I'll bet there's only about 1000 actual users.. And of that 1000 maybe only 200 come to MMI and of that 200 not everybody has spoken up yet. Not to be a buzz kill - but 20 to 10,000 isn't really a fair comparison ratio. I know it's not just 20 phones. There are probably hundreds experiencing the same problems.

Hundreds of thousands probably use Winterboard or SBSettings and yet "no phones" report problems with those tweaks. That's the record I hope SDDev shoots for with ios7 version. And that's pretty much the record myLocation has - since the Ajax timeout fix was discovered.. Jes' sayin' ..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-01-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

Read my effin post again!

It states 10,000+ downloads, not 10,000+ users. I have been very understanding with you grant, but your bogus numbers and trying to twist my simple statement is unacceptable. I don't want to get into it, so a simple apology will suffice and then we can move on.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (12-01-2013), Krima (12-01-2013), RKO1195 (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 2,135 Posts

Popcorn is a cookin. Lets begin.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Yea NewD is right. I used the first evader jailbreak. It broke my weather app. And my weather app will not work without the Cydia weather app fix. End result. After 2 weeks of constant WW updates and constant rebooting. No fix. Can not get the XML to create. I even used Durbens XML file for a solid week. Hoping mine would kick in and the GPS would over write the XML for my location and would just start "magically" work. Lol. No good

My next step would be to run iLex and wipe my phone and use the most current evader jB But. This is the only problem I have had with this phone since purchasing and jail breaking last February. So it is what it is
    Yea.. Once your phone has Weather.app issues - you're sunk for WW working. I used 2nd evasi0n JB and have had a lot of problems with only WW. All other tweaks work fine.. I thought for the longest period that it was something I did when messing with some deep structure files in my phone.. But now that so many others have reported in - I know it's not that..

But I do have days when it works really well. So for some of us - the problem isn't as severe as yours, Hemp.

Read my effin post again!

It states 10,000+ downloads, not 10,000+ users. I have been very understanding with you grant, but your bogus numbers and trying to twist my simple statement is unacceptable. I don't want to get into it, so a simple apology will suffice and then we can move on.
    King - here's a fact of how Cydia works - I know you know this - when you download 2 times from Cydia the same tweak.. -any one user .. the downloads stats will show "2".. not one.. You compared 10,000 to 20.. as if you were saying 9,980 users were doing fine. If that's "not" what you were implying then I withdraw my statement and apologize for the inference.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-01-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks

Yes, trust me that I know how Cydia works, maybe even better than you. Remember the needing to press the search button?

But I stated DOWNLOADS! Don't throw out your BS numbers this time, I'm really not in a playful mood. All I asked was that you re-read my simple post and realize your error and apologize. I only got half of my simple request.

Is it really that difficult to say that you read it wrong and that you are sorry.

Man up here bro!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (12-01-2013), RKO1195 (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Decided to be fancy and get some caramel popcorn. Feeling pretty good right now.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (12-02-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Yes, trust me that I know how Cydia works, maybe even better than you. Remember the needing to press the search button?

But I stated DOWNLOADS! Don't throw out your BS numbers this time, I'm really not in a playful mood. All I asked was that you re-read my simple post and realize your error and apologize. I only got half of my simple request.

Is it really that difficult to say that you read it wrong and that you are sorry.

Man up here bro!
    So you will categorically dismiss the idea that you were not trying to compare the 20 regulars having problems as being insignificant compared to those 10,000 downloads? Trust me, King, I read your post very carefully and believed I know "exactly" what you were implying. If I misread your implication then my bad..

Thanks

I was implying that out of 10,000+ downloads there are, by your numbers, only 20 people with issues. I'm really not sure how many users there are, because I've also seen it be hosted on other repo's too.

Don't for one minute assume that I was trying to mislead anyone, as my reputation doesn't even compare to yours. I say what I mean.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 Times in 1,474 Posts

Can I add some peanuts and have cracker jacks?
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

Krima (12-01-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Why not, let's have a feast.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

G-weezy (12-01-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 Times in 1,474 Posts

Edit
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

32. The Following User Says Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I was implying that out of 10,000+ downloads there are, by your numbers, only 20 people with issues. I'm really not sure how many users there are, because I've also seen it be hosted on other repo's too.

Don't for one minute assume that I was trying to mislead anyone, as my reputation doesn't even compare to yours. I say what I mean.
    Now you're overreaching, King. Back down. I implied nothing about your reputation. Your helpfulness is legendary. And I also do not mislead.. I shoot straight - and that alarms people. But over months when people have talked about problems with WW their issues have been marginalized.. Their reports taken and no information reported back to the thread. The crash problem when location services is off hasn't even been acknowledged as a "known bug" in any official way on the thread or at Cydia.

Just hoping for a little better communication now that mods aren't even really being made for myLocation anymore.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM