Page 91 of 216 FirstFirst ... 41 818990919293 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4303

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,902 Times in 6,770 Posts

But I got some new "videos" that I wanna promote!
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-18-2013), Simon (11-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    But I got some new "videos" that I wanna promote!
    I've seen your videos, this is a PG13 forum sir and there is just no place for those type of videos here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-18-2013), King_O_Hill (11-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,480 Times in 1,380 Posts

Simon you rock bro lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-19-2013), Simon (11-19-2013)

hay guys what is the name for bundle in preferences for WW and icon,please?
    My humble thanks to:all themes creators,modders and coders.
    My special thanks to Sk37ch for unselfishly sharing his work and knowledge,
    dmick89 for his support and kind words for my work.
    Mcfly,Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.
    and all who click thanks on my post,thank you all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    hay guys what is the name for bundle in preferences for WW and icon,please?
    com.Preferences.Settings

WeatherIcon.png 29x29px
    [email protected] 58x58px

You must have an info.plist file in:

Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences

info.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.Preferences.Settings</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Derrick, can you put this info on the first post? Thanks!

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Heine (11-21-2013), hemptation (11-20-2013), lostinthemes (11-27-2013), mcooper (11-20-2013), meth357 (11-20-2013), RKO1195 (11-21-2013), sethbossfan (11-22-2013), Simon (11-20-2013), TeddyDiesel (11-20-2013), The.Drifter (11-20-2013), The_Durben (11-20-2013)

Done

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Heine (11-21-2013), hemptation (11-20-2013), King_O_Hill (11-20-2013)

I'm using WW with a slightly modded version of RK95's LS. Been noticing some discrepancies between what my NC weather is reporting as the location and what the LS is reporting. I'm in Newd's boat in that I live in PA (Pittsburgh area). Any zip/postal code in my area designated as "152xx" is considered "Pittsburgh". However, there are many fifedoms (we call them boroughs, townships, autonomous collectives , etc) that have a "152xx" zip/postal code, but that are technically their own separate locality/municipality (they also have their own separate WOEID).

For example; "Crafton, PA" (40.433869, -80.068146) is a small borough located just outside the Pittsburgh city limits. It has a zip/postal code of "15205" so it is considered to be "Pittsburgh, PA" for postal purposes. However, Crafton has it's own unique WOEID (2386539). When I'm physically in Crafton, my LS reports the weather for Pittsburgh. However, the NC Weather (and thus, the iOS native weather widget) will report Crafton. As such, see the following screens from yesterday afternoon. I used my bus ride home to do some testing:

-photo-1.png-photo-2.png

In the same breath, when I looked at the widgetweather.xml file, the "<extraLocNeighborhood>" attribute reports "null". I then looked at the widgetweather-raw.xml file, and noticed the following in the code:

Code:
    <results><location city="Crafton" country="United States" latitude="40.44" locationID="USPA1290" longitude="-80.07" state="Pennsylvania" woeid="2386539">
    It looks like if WW were able to include the "<location city=" result from the "widgetweather-raw.xml" file as part of the "<extraLoc" data in the "widgetweather.xml" file, I could revise the main js file to include that info. I'm assuming it would take some changes to how the WW app parses the raw xml data from the native weather app. Am I correct?
    Last edited by yuengling25; 11-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.

"Fiefdoms".. LOL!! I love that Yuengling!! Hey, my new son-in-law's from Crafton too. I must admit taking my daughter from Philly to Univ of Pitt got VERY old - the 4 years she attended. But I like the area. And she found my son-in-law there and we really love him!

Couple of things here. First - you've intrigued me very much with the widgetweather-raw.xml file.. I've known for a long time there are goodies in there that could be accessed... But it doesn't contain 7 digit coordinates - which is what we REALLY need! There used to be a gps.log file that was generated when LOGS was set to on in the tweak itself.. But Stephen must have taken that out in recent version for some reason. THAT had 7 digit coordinates in it.. yummy....

Seeing as Crafton is its own 'suburb' unique city/borough/fiefdom... then the WW tweak itself just isn't reading your geolocation tightly enough to pick up on your being in Crafton. And yet -- the raw.xml file sees you in Crafton... Hmmm.. That's something I haven't seen yet in all my testing... King, do you have any thoughts?

But Yueng, to answer your main question.. YES... the raw.xml file CAN be searched with JQuery as far as I know.. But it contains SO much RAW data -- it's hard to isolate individual pieces... But I will do some more experimenting and report back..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-22-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

yuengling25 (11-22-2013)

I figured you'd like the "fiefdom" reference LOL. I'm not originally from the PGH area myself, actually. I came here from DC via Reading PA, so we're almost kindred Newd. Been here for about 4 years now and I will say it's different, but I like it nonetheless.

So you believe it's more of a GPS fixing thing with WW itself that's causing the discrepancy with native weather? Hmmm... Still, you are right... for localization geeks, there are A LOT of goodies in the raw file. I myself am not so competent with jquery that I'd be able to make something useful out of the extra info. Hell, it just took me forever to semi-perfect the PHP code I use to parse out the xml feeds that I use to get my live sports score ticker widget information (and it still isn't what I'd like it to be). But I digress.

Sadly, I should've grabbed the entire "raw" file from the point in time I was testing things yesterday and saved it, but I forgot to do that before the bus crossed into the next town. All I did was copy the code snippet that's referenced in my previous post. If I remember to do it on my way home tonight, I'll grab the full file and share it here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuengling25 View Post
    Sadly, I should've grabbed the entire "raw" file from the point in time I was testing things yesterday and saved it, but I forgot to do that before the bus crossed into the next town. All I did was copy the code snippet that's referenced in my previous post. If I remember to do it on my way home tonight, I'll grab the full file and share it here.
    Yes, if you can zip both files up and post them here, we may be able to come up with a solution.

I figured you'd like the "fiefdom" reference LOL. I'm not originally from the PGH area myself, actually. I came here from DC via Reading PA, so we're almost kindred Newd. Been here for about 4 years now and I will say it's different, but I like it nonetheless.

So you believe it's more of a GPS fixing thing with WW itself that's causing the discrepancy with native weather? Hmmm... Still, you are right... for localization geeks, there are A LOT of goodies in the raw file. I myself am not so competent with jquery that I'd be able to make something useful out of the extra info. Hell, it just took me forever to semi-perfect the PHP code I use to parse out the xml feeds that I use to get my live sports score ticker widget information (and it still isn't what I'd like it to be). But I digress.

Kindred spirits indeed. Glad to hear of other localization 'geeks' besides myself. WW is very powerful at sensing where you are. When I use Google as the engine for the reverse geocode it tells me an address within 3 houses of where I am.. LOL!!! But from what King and Durben have taught me about the way WW is designed - they entirely took over Native Weather.app -- such that what it makes as its final determination as a locale to project on the screen is NOT what WW will conclude. So they're not really related. It's just a bummer that in this instance you WISH WW were directly using the output from Weather.app. I have that same issue with a town near here called Bridgeport. Weather.app gets it right - but WW insists on calling it Norristown - the next big town next door. This seems to be a difficulty for small boroughs/towns near much larger cities. Hard to tell if it's Yahoo itself or the tightness of WW's lock on your position. I'm gonna doubt - now that I've thought it through more - that it has anything to do with the GPS position tightness and more to do with the way WW is querying Yahoo and what Yahoo wishes to report back.

Like King said -- please post the widgetweather.xml and widgetweather-raw.xml the next time you're through Crafton and let's see what we can come up with.. It might help me too with some other oddities in my area and around the country - for some users of my Location iWidget that report anomalies in their areas.

EDITED: One other thing I wanted to tell you -- was that even if we get WW to see Crafton, in terms of a city, one of Yahoo's AWFUL weaknesses is that for small towns near a major city - it's still pretty terrible at reporting accurate weather. In Crafton like here in my home town of Flourtown - you'll probably never see anything but cloudy, partly cloudy. mostly cloudy and fair. As soon as you enter a Pittsburgh WOEID then you'll see the rain. Even when it's been raining in my hometown, hard for multiple days in a row.. The only way to get the rain animation on my lockscreen or anywhere is by setting WW to FIXED: Philadelphia WOEID.. It's a frustration.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Yes, if you can zip both files up and post them here, we may be able to come up with a solution.
    There they are. Fresh from the bus ride home. Native weather from NC reports "Crafton", WW LS reporting Pittsburgh.

Thanks for your help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7824c7k1rd..._xml_files.zip
    Last edited by yuengling25; 11-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yuengling25 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-22-2013)

Thanks

There they are. Fresh from the bus ride home. Thanks for your help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7824c7k1rd..._xml_files.zip
    I'm out right now, but will look in a bit.

I'm out right now, but will look in a bit.
    Take your time sir... I'm in no rush.

Thanks

Aww, sweet, NewD found his location soul mate lol. Jk Jk

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (11-22-2013), lostinthemes (11-27-2013), Marty McFly (11-23-2013), mcooper (11-22-2013), NewdestinyX (11-22-2013), RKO1195 (11-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lol!!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

mcooper (11-22-2013), Simon (11-22-2013)

Thanks

Both from the Philly area too.

I'm staying away from Philly!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (11-23-2013), mcooper (11-22-2013), Simon (11-22-2013)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-23-2013)

Ahh, Philly. City of brotherly love correct? lol
    Yep! Actually Yeung's from Pittsburgh area - opposite side of state.. About 300 miles away.. 5.5 hours on the road..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yep! Actually Yeung's from Pittsburgh area - opposite side of state.. About 300 miles away.. 5.5 hours on the road..
    Oh. Well that's not very close. That's about 14 Bermudas away.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-23-2013)

Page 91 of 216 FirstFirst ... 41 818990919293 101 141 191 ... LastLast