Page 84 of 216 FirstFirst ... 34 748283848586 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 4303

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Understood, Meth. Many of us had the trouble you're referring to back in April with myLocation. Nothing seemed to work. The last resort was Settings-->General-->Reset-->Reset All Settings. And that worked for "everyone" who was still having trouble. It takes a while to re-set up your phone after a Reset All Settings, but it made myLocation work again for everyone who was still having trouble after they'd tried everything else. Did you try that too?
    yes i was here in april too,did reset all options under general,but not that nuclear one"erase all content and setting" then i thought it was just yahoo giving me pain,then resetin all,but the pain was just with me,that ezra icon iwidget still does not update weather when promted untill respring
    tnx for trying to help,but the pain remains after all

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Come on people. I can't be the only one that caught the irony of Meths comment. I laughed when I read it.

Happy Monday everyone. This week is gonna be a great week, I can feel it.
    there was no irony,why you louhgt?
    Last edited by meth357; 11-04-2013 at 08:39 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Come on people. I can't be the only one that caught the irony of Meths comment. I laughed when I read it.

Happy Monday everyone. This week is gonna be a great week, I can feel it.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    there was no irony,why you laughed?
    Yeah, Krima, bro.... what 'he' ˆˆˆ said? ??

but the pain was just with me,that ezra icon iwidget still does not update weather when prompted until respring
    tnx for trying to help,but the pain remains after all
    I have one last thought, Meth.. Can you PM me the Ezra widget you're talking about? I want to check it for the ajax command that was also causing us problems. I am an Ezra owner - so no worries about sending it to me. I just need to know which one you're talking about. If some widgets WORK for you with myLocation and others don't - then obviously there's nothing wrong with myLocation itself working on your phone. Unless I misunderstood you. Are you saying that ALL myLocation widgets don't work for you?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-04-2013)

???

Yeah, Krima, bro.... what 'he' ˆˆˆ said? ??

I have one last thought, Meth.. Can you PM me the Ezra widget you're talking about? I want to check it for the ajax command that was also causing us problems. I am an Ezra owner - so no worries about sending it to me. I just need to know which one you're talking about. If some widgets WORK for you with myLocation and others don't - then obviously there's nothing wrong with myLocation itself working on your phone. Unless I misunderstood you. Are you saying that ALL myLocation widgets don't work for you?
    no bro, all widgets are working but not that one,so tell me does is this code have to be in location.js script?
    $.ajaxSetup({timeout: 8000, cache: false});

because i do not have in that code in there
    My humble thanks to:all themes creators,modders and coders.
    My special thanks to Sk37ch for unselfishly sharing his work and knowledge,
    dmick89 for his support and kind words for my work.
    Mcfly,Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.
    and all who click thanks on my post,thank you all

no bro, all widgets are working but not that one,so tell me does is this code have to be in location.js script?
    $.ajaxSetup({timeout: 8000, cache: false});

because i do not have in that code in there
    That's most likely the problem. The Ajax request fixes the issue in most cases. Place it under the last var near the beginning of the main.js and it should work fine.

But also be aware that several widgets made for Ezra are not GPS and will only work with WOEID, not WW or myLoc.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-04-2013 at 01:05 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-04-2013), meth357 (11-04-2013)

That's most likely the problem. The Ajax request fixes the issue in most cases. Place it under the last var near the beginning of the main.js and it should work fine.

But also be aware that several widgets made for Ezra are not GPS and will only work with WOEID, not WW or myLoc.
    so i will try that too,thanx a lot bro i will get back to you, will test it tonight

does have to be like this?

but i think i have tryed this and was nothing
    Last edited by meth357; 11-04-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Yes - that's where I put it.. Please tell me the name of the widget..

It's my weather icon iWidget for Ezra
    And it's working fine on my phone. The ajax timeout is also in it

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-04-2013), NewdestinyX (11-04-2013)

it is durbens ezra2 weathericon,thanx for your help

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    i did not have this in main.js nor location.js, where it should be?
    Last edited by meth357; 11-04-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Mcfly,Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.

it is durbens ezra2 weathericon,thanx for your help

i did not have this in main.js nor location.js, where it should be?
    Should be in the main.js
    You have the most recent from Cydia?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-04-2013)

Should be in the main.js
    You have the most recent from Cydia?
    yes was re-installing it few times

Is your Ezra stuff only written for WW, D? Meth's been saying he can't get it to work with myLocation. That could be an obvious problem.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-05-2013)

Is your Ezra stuff only written for WW, D? Meth's been saying he can't get it to work with myLocation. That could be an obvious problem.
    no bro this wathericon was for my location,because a lot people did not use WW at the time, and i have to add that with that ajax code in main.js is working for a night,changed temp without respring,showing me the same as WW widgets
    Last edited by meth357; 11-05-2013 at 02:28 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (11-05-2013)

no bro this wathericon was for my location,because a lot people did not use WW at the time, and i have to add that with that ajax code in main.js is working for a night,changed temp without respring,showing me the same as WW widgets
    YES!!! I'm so glad that fixed it for you!! It solved the problem for me on several widgets! I'm sure you're relieved to now have it working..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-05-2013)

YES!!! I'm so glad that fixed it for you!! It solved the problem for me on several widgets! I'm sure you're relieved to now have it working..
    thanx you very much,but as i was saying before,
    i tryed to put that ajax code in location.js and i did not work
    ,it needs to be in main.js,my bad for that,
    and thanx to durben too,
    will give it a test for a few days,but i thing it will work

23. The Following User Says Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (11-05-2013)

thanx you very much,but as i was saying before,
    i tryed to put that ajax code in location.js and i did not work
    ,it needs to be in main.js,my bad for that,
    and thanx to durben too,
    will give it a test for a few days,but i thing it will work
    Yes, I said make sure it's in the main.js. So glad it's working for you!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-05-2013)

My widget requires a respring or two to update the city.....I didn't notice it because I hadn't driven outside my city....should I reset all settings again?....should I also completely remove the myLocation tweak?....

Try the location and privacy reset first and see if it will do it before you do the reset all, and I run myLocation with this with no problem

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (11-07-2013), King_O_Hill (11-07-2013), meth357 (11-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    My widget requires a respring or two to update the city.....I didn't notice it because I hadn't driven outside my city....should I reset all settings again?....should I also completely remove the myLocation tweak?....

After extensive testing and interviewing others who have trouble with WW (not a large number of us - but not an insignificant number either).. I've concluded WW and myLocation aren't happy bedfellows for those of us who still have sticking issues.

But this was only the case since 1.5-26. 1.4-9 and myLocation were fine together. But now after 1.5-26.. When I turn on myLoc I get random sticking problems with WW widgets that don't disappear until I both turn off myLoc AND reset all settings. Not just a privacy & Location reset. I've tested this nearly 30 times and know it's so in very controlled tests. I'll likely get jumped on for saying it.. But I'm used to it. ..

It's not a problem for all - it's a problem for those of us who've had intermittent issues with the weather.app not updating - when it's not updating as it should either. As soon as I turn off MyLoc and reset all settings - WW is happy "most" of the time again. Sometimes i need to enter NC or respring to unstick WW - but WW is stuck all the time with myLoc on too. I believe there are deep sleep issues with some of our phones in this jailbreak - that affect the correct function of certain tweaks that interact with the GPS antenna. Just an educated guess.

Have loved my iPhone 5 - but this is the most unpredictable jailbreak ever. I long for the 5.1.1 stability again.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-06-2013 at 11:08 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-07-2013), meth357 (11-07-2013)

For Those that don't experience any issues, I'm glad you guys are getting the most out of this phenomenal tweak....It really is BRILLIANT work by the dev, Durben, KOH....

@Grant, I looked at a map of area where you live and all those "townships" my God! That is a unique area where you live, man....Perfect for testing, but on the flip-side, no one can relate!

Hey, I gotta make a donation to the maker of this tweak!....you can't deny it's greatness, I'm sure we'll experience better functionality still, in the future!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-07-2013), meth357 (11-07-2013), The_Durben (11-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    For Those that don't experience any issues, I'm glad you guys are getting the most out of this phenomenal tweak....It really is BRILLIANT work by the dev, Durben, KOH....

@Grant, I looked at a map of area where you live and all those "townships" my God! That is a unique area where you live, man....Perfect for testing, but on the flip-side, no one can relate!

Hey, I gotta make a donation to the maker of this tweak!....you can't deny it's greatness, I'm sure we'll experience better functionality still, in the future!
    It is indeed brilliant. I'm just looking forward to the day when I have a stable jailbreak again so I can experience for the 'first time' this brilliant tweak working flawlessly for me. There's no one who wants it flawlessly working more than me. But as King has told me many times - a 'jailbreak' is a 'frail' thing. He's right. Ironic though, that the very thing I worried so much about basing a tweak on Native Weather.app would be that it couldn't update without intervention from the user - is EXACTLY what's ended up happening to me (and quite a few others). I wasn't able to be one of the lucky ones. "Constant" mode isn't so 'constant' for several of us.

As to my area - it's not just Pennsylvania, Ferlop. 17 states in America have townships. 4 others have municipalities and all Provinces of Canada have townships too. So they're not by any means insignificant. Tell that to their boards of commissioners. LOL!!! They are all unique and different and Yahoo tracks all the uniqueness - when it wants to. On Friday of last week they stopped reporting something unique in extraLocCity again for those 17 states that have townships. I hope they change it back again to reporting the unique extraLocCity field soon. And the people who enjoy my widget are like me - they enjoy the fact that the technology exists to pinpoint your location and tell you a lot about the area. It's no different than the fun you have creating new overlays and how you tweak positioning for hours until you like it. Is that obsessive too on your part? You bet it is. But it's fun and we benefit from your 'excessive' tweaking . Others benefit from my kind of tweaking. That's the beauty of this place. Right?

Sorry to hear you have inconsistency problems with WW too. But thanks for the courage to say it.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-07-2013 at 12:33 AM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-07-2013)

Page 84 of 216 FirstFirst ... 34 748283848586 94 134 184 ... LastLast