+ Reply
Page 83 of 200 FirstFirst ... 33 738182838485 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3988

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Simon Dead or not I'd still rather watch paint dry Originally Posted by Krima Not so much boring Grant as it is inconsequential. To me it's like
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,448 Times in 4,291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Dead or not I'd still rather watch paint dry
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Not so much boring Grant as it is inconsequential. To me it's like if I start talking about how I timed my unlock animation and found it .5 milliseconds behind my other phone. You should know what city you are in and if it doesn't calculate the correct "township" but does the city, it seems like a moot point.
    Good thing you guys' opinions don't make policy here. Opinion noted and now forgotten..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,181 Times in 2,277 Posts

Our opinions may not make policy but it certainly makes for a more pleasant read. This "opinion" is supported by several people who have publicly stated that the content that is provided here(by some) has made them leave the thread. You take these public statements and then some I have received privately and this explains why I stated my opinion.

Again, wasn't trying to be rude and I appreciate ferlop immediately recognizing this and asking for PM convos. Good fellow that one.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013), The_Durben (10-16-2013)

Thanks

Our opinions may not make policy but it certainly makes for a more pleasant read. This "opinion" is supported by several people who have publicly stated that the content that is provided here(by some) has made them leave the thread. You take these public statements and then some I have received privately and this explains why I stated my opinion.
    I understand your general point, Krima, but please be careful to not exaggerate the record. Only Ian said that it bothered him enough to leave the thread. And as I recall from other threads he commented in that day - it was a pretty lousy day for him when he posted that here..

And then Simon and you have found it boring.. But you're still here.. Interesting.. Just don't overstate your case.. Ferlop, Bliken King and Marty have all expressed an interest in all that the XML can tell us.

So just be careful to say ("I" find it boring) - not "IT makes for boring reading".... as if that we're "generally true".. which it isn't for others. I believe if we took a PM poll - it'd likely come out about even on those who dig chatting about it and those who don't.. It's just that yours and Simon's voices "speak up more".

But I've decided that unless King and Durben ask me to take it to PM or another thread - I'm gonna feel free to post here about something that is directly "on topic" to this thread.

Fair enough?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013)

Thanks

It's fair to say that you are free to post whatever you want. Keep in mind Grant, not everyone communicates through MMI. This is why I said privately I have heard this from several people. This is not an exaggeration and in fact I intentionally down played it.

But you have made it clear in the past that if it comes from me you will not consider my opinion. It's the private messages that reveal how people really feel. I am only trying to help you from having another public backlash but I will wait until you drive someone to the point that they state it publicly. That's fair.

I'm done with this topic. Thanks for listening Grant.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013), Simon (10-16-2013)

Thanks

It's fair to say that you are free to post whatever you want. Keep in mind Grant, not everyone communicates through MMI. This is why I said privately I have heard this from several people. This is not an exaggeration and in fact I intentionally down played it.

But you have made it clear in the past that if it comes from me you will not consider my opinion. It's the private messages that reveal how people really feel. I am only trying to help you from having another public backlash but I will wait until you drive someone to the point that they state it publicly. That's fair.

I'm done with this topic. Thanks for listening Grant.
    Understood. Problem is, Krima, we just have a different set of 'peeps'. And it wouldn't serve either of us well to believe that 'our peeps' represent 'the prevailing' view. That's a view you often take with me about stuff like this. And why I then feel the need to 'push back'. Notice - this doesn't come up for me toward others - just you. I never said a single word back to Ian. Why? Because we 'get' each other. And he doesn't confuse 'his' view - with a prevailing view.

Your opinion DOES matter to me.. But only to a point. The moment you try to 'amplify it' with the mysterious 'others say'/'most say' angle.. that's where it gets, well..., misleading.. I know, I know.. I've done that before too... It's something we're compelled to do when we feel we aren't being heard or when we really want 'our' view to prevail..

Nuff said.. I'm done too.. Thank YOU for listening too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Good thing you guys' opinions don't make policy here. Opinion noted and now forgotten..
    Actually my opinion has influenced and helped institute quite a few policies around here. Haven't felt the need to push for a policy on tldr posts. I normally just skip them and have done so with your ones on townships/cities/states/towns/microtowns/micromachines/littlebittyeenyweenyyellowpolkadottowns. Sometimes I like to make a joke, have a little fun, lighten the mood which is what that picture was I thought.

Attitude noted, and won't be forgotten.

Edit: Just to be clear, I have no issues with yours or anyone else's posts on the subject of the townships etc. I just don't find it interesting myself and of no real use to me so I just skip them. That shouldn't bother you or anyone though, just wanted to have a little fun at the situation.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013), lostinthemes (11-13-2013), RKO1195 (10-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Actually my opinion has influenced and helped institute quite a few policies around here. Haven't felt the need to push for a policy on tldr posts. I normally just skip them and have done so with your ones on townships/cities/states/towns/microtowns/micromachines/littlebittyeenyweenyyellowpolkadottowns. Sometimes I like to make a joke, have a little fun, lighten the mood which is what that picture was I thought.

Attitude noted, and won't be forgotten.

Edit: Just to be clear, I have no issues with yours or anyone else's posts on the subject of the townships etc. I just don't find it interesting myself and of no real use to me so I just skip them. That shouldn't bother you or anyone though, just wanted to have a little fun at the situation.
    I enjoy your poke fun videos for the most part, Simon. Don't go changing. Your mood lightening vibe is very cool with me, sir. Please take long term note of that. Krima expressed himself fine too.. All is well.. Now back to townships... Uh, uh.. I mean WW functionality.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013), Simon (10-16-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,336 Times in 5,980 Posts

What the heck, I'll throw my hat in the ring. Here's my take on it:

I am not that interested in the dead on location as Grant is. Personally I don't required that level of accuracy in my LS or SB display.

That being said, I do have some interest in how this affects the output on a global scale. I am interested in how this translates around the world, only for the possibility of making the tweak as user friendly as it can be for everyone!

I am actually more interested in the use of the accuracy options and how they affect usage.

That's all I got.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (10-16-2013), RKO1195 (10-17-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the input, Brian. Are you implying that SDdev is coming out with some of the 'accuracy' user settings that you mentioned to us a couple of pages back?

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

I am not that interested in the dead on location as Grant is. Personally I don't required that level of accuracy in my LS or SB display.

That being said, I do have some interest in how this affects the output on a global scale. I am interested in how this translates around the world, only for the possibility of making the tweak as user friendly as it can be for everyone!

I am actually more interested in the use of the accuracy options and how they affect usage.

That's all I got.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,336 Times in 5,980 Posts

If you are referring to the test deb that I sent to you, then yes. We just aren't sure if it will add anything to the tweak or just create some confusion.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (10-16-2013)

Thanks

Good thing someone with some real talent like KOH can weigh in on this subject as opposed to someone like me that only knows how to give High Fives.

For the record, I'm all about having the tweak improved with regards to accuracy. This is already being looked at and tested. It's when traveling pass a small town at 80 mph that takes 2 minutes to get through but the tweak takes 2 minutes and 5 seconds to capture and so it doesn't report that area. It is then that I think it borders on nitpicking and not useful.

HIGH FIVE!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013)

Thanks

For the record, I'm all about having the tweak improved with regards to accuracy. This is already being looked at and tested. It's when traveling pass a small town at 80 mph that takes 2 minutes to get through but the tweak takes 2 minutes and 5 seconds to capture and so it doesn't report that area. It is then that I think it borders on nitpicking and not useful.
    Yes, Krima, I'm gonna fully agree with you there. "Requiring" that of WW would be over the top. But IF there's a filter or accuracy pinpoint threshold setting for how quickly the tweak acquires position and reports change to Yahoo - that can be built in for the user to control- I'd say go for it! If it "can" be done - bring it on!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

The bickering ruins these threads, just my opinion.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

mcooper (10-17-2013), RKO1195 (10-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 603 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    The bickering ruins these threads, just my opinion.
    It's all fun an games until someone gets their feeling hurt.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

That's all I got.
    Cool I can continue to test globally in good old New Zealand (think sheep & kiwis) I haven't had the last few versions installed due those .debs installing in "/"
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,709 Posts

I think they fixed that Jato, and your on everyMe the deb is on there...
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-17-2013), King_O_Hill (10-17-2013), mcooper (10-17-2013), The_Durben (10-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    U ok bro?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    My feelings were hurt, I'm a sensitive man.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-17-2013), mcooper (10-17-2013), The_Durben (10-17-2013)

Thanks

My feelings were hurt, I'm a sensitive man.
    U even lift bro?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    U even lift bro?
    Lift?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-17-2013)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM