+ Reply
Page 82 of 205 FirstFirst ... 32 728081828384 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4089

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Decided to bring this back. More of a novelty lock for most than one that will stay on screen but a few people have asked for it and so far
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,560 Times in 7,513 Posts

Decided to bring this back. More of a novelty lock for most than one that will stay on screen but a few people have asked for it and so far I've got it running with no lag on my 5
    Still some work to do. Bunch of images I need to make, some more animation adjustments and a few other things. Images are gonna be a while making but shouldn't be too much longer for those interested.
    Might also put the hourly forecast in if I can figure out a decent cartoon like animation idea. Have one but it won't really fit on a iPhone 4/S. I'll see

And Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian peeps!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (10-14-2013), King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), Krima (10-14-2013), lostinthemes (11-13-2013), Marty McFly (10-14-2013), meth357 (10-15-2013), mickcydia (10-14-2013), NewdestinyX (10-14-2013), RKO1195 (10-16-2013), sethbossfan (10-15-2013), TeddyDiesel (10-14-2013), TEK_2012 (10-14-2013)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,027 Posts

Nice Lockscreen, Durben.....and nice iwidget here, too.....I discovered this theme very late, unfortunately, so it's new to me, Lol......I need to somehow incorporate this cool new NewD location iwidget, but no ideas so far.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (11-13-2013), mickcydia (10-14-2013), The_Durben (10-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    I need to somehow incorporate this cool new NewD location iwidget, but no ideas so far.
    FErlop - that's my next project.. I'm almost done.. I want to already use the space that modders are using to incorporate my extra info. I tried making it as simple as adding a 'location.js' file to the mix that the Widget or Wallpaper.html would reference.. but it wasn't quite that simple.. So I'm taking it a widget at a time.. I almost have it down to a simple batch of code lines you can add to any WW widget.. My first step was to get rid of any Config,js that made my widget work. Those variables are already in my main.js - in a 'test area' at the beginning of the code. As you would import my code into any widget - you'd just turn the test variable to TRUE.... But as my iWidget stands now - I do my calling for the 'documentGetElementById' stuff in my code and most widgets already have the 'city' called for in its existing code..

The NewD Ultimate looks good on the bottom right there - but you don't need it twice. Is your idea to be able to see THE COLONY, LEWISVILLE (Township, probably) and DENTON COUNTY all in the upper section?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Theme Modder
    Thanks

No, I had it there to see if it gave me any ideas....as you know, I'm not good with code, but what you describe would be the next logical step....would be great to just add a few lines of code to any WW widget to get this city info.....

And now you got me wondering what the hell is the difference between a city and township, will get back to you on that one, after I google
    Last edited by ferlop15; 10-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks

No, I had it there to see if it gave me any ideas....as you know, I'm not good with code, but what you describe would be the next logical step....would be great to just add a few lines of code to any WW widget to get this city info.....

And now you got me wondering what the hell is the difference between a city and township, will get back to you on that one, after I google
    A Township is that next 'political unit' larger than a town or small city that is comprised of a number of towns and small cities. Large Cities aren't part of 'townships' as they're large enough to have their over governing counsels, etc.. Townships are mostly in more suburban and rural areas being comprised of several small towns, villages or small cites/boroughs.

Then a 'County' is the next larger political division made of of several 'townships'. A State is the next largest.

This applies to America and Canada. The information provided by <extraLocCity> in the xml file tells us one of two things:
    1) a township (in rural areas) - this will be a different name than main city
    2) the same name as the main city (indicating you're in the center of a town/borough, small city or large city

Then when you're in a large city - the <extraLocNeighborhood> field in the xml will have the name of that 'section' of the city.. In all other smaller political units the <extraLocNeighborhood> field will say 'null'.

That's the way the xml breaks down (when Yahoo isn't messing with their feeds) for 90% of the info it gives for US and Canada. I am still testing for Europe and Asia.

Certain large states, like where you are, in Texas, have some other political designations for much larger areas. I've found Texas places to be harder to predict with Yahoo's naming. Like Lewisville looks to be its own city - as is Denton... And The Colony is in the center of all of them. So I'm not sure WHAT "The Colony" is.. A city? A municipality? I'd love for you to send me your widgetweather.xml file that gave you that read out..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-14-2013 at 05:32 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,826 Times in 6,147 Posts

Funny, most townships in the Midwest reside inside one city. Sometimes it is part of 2 adjacent cities, but considered much smaller than the city that they reside in. Typically the city provides all municipal services for the township for a fee usually equal to whatever taxes are collected for that township.

But that's just out here in the Midwest.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Funny, most townships in the Midwest reside inside one city. Sometimes it is part of 2 adjacent cities, but considered much smaller than the city that they reside in. Typically the city provides all municipal services for the township for a fee usually equal to whatever taxes are collected for that township.

But that's just out here in the Midwest.
    So where you live - what political boundary does <extraLocCity> report for you? Not a township?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 Times in 2,377 Posts

Never even heard of a township until now. I'll stick with calling it just a City. Life is complicated enough as it is without adding a town within a town or whatever it is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (10-16-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,826 Times in 6,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So where you live - what political boundary does <extraLocCity> report for you? Not a township?
    Mine just reports the same as city
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Never even heard of a township until now. I'll stick with calling it just a City. Life is complicated enough as it is without adding a town within a town or whatever it is.
    Yeah. Nashville is a big city. No township info there... But there are sections of Nashville.. I'll bet <extraLocNeighborhood> reports a different name than Nashville for you Krima.

Prolly not for you though, King.

Theme Modder
    Thanks

Edit.......
    Yes, your definition was pretty accurate, for me, Lewisville is indeed pretty large....large suburb of Dallas, TX...3 different zip codes make up Lewisville .....and The Colony is a smaller town always showing as my main location, but my school taxes and water bill is (Lewisville)

Edit....so Dallas: major city..... Lewisville: smaller city than Dallas, but it is considered a city. Possibly township........The Colony: small town.....and my county is of course, Denton....additionally, there is a city named Denton in Denton county.
    Last edited by ferlop15; 10-14-2013 at 09:03 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (10-14-2013)

Thanks

Edit.......
    Yes, your definition was pretty accurate, for me, Lewisville is indeed pretty large....large suburb of Dallas, TX...3 different zip codes make up Lewisville .....and The Colony is a smaller town always showing as my main location, but my school taxes and water bill is (Lewisville)

Edit....so Dallas: major city..... Lewisville: smaller city than Dallas, but it is considered a city. Possibly township........The Colony: small town.....and my county is of course, Denton....additionally, there is a city named Denton in Denton county.
    Ah.. Thank you for that information, Ferlop. That helps... Especially that Denton is both a County name AND a city in the county with the same name. That explains a lot. But Lewisville being a 'major city' NEAR "The Colony" and not really a political subdivision CONTAINING "The Colony" -- that complicates my auto-infer method. But it's not the first Texas location to be hard to figure out.

Let's face it -- Texas is almost its own country.. So LARGE. So the rules are a little different. You say you pay your water bill and school taxes to Lewisville.. Hmmmm. I pay my water bill and school taxes to my TOWNSHIP (Whitemarsh). But Whitemarsh is NOT its own CITY.. It's ONLY a Township that contains my TOWN of FLOURTOWN along with many several other towns in my area and all over Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.

So do you guys in Texas use the term TOWNSHIP? maybe MUNICIPALITY? What is Lewisville called... a 'city'?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Theme Modder
    Thanks

I'll PM you, I know we're probably boring some folks, lol

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-15-2013), Krima (10-15-2013), mcooper (10-15-2013), NewdestinyX (10-15-2013)

Thanks

Thanks.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (10-15-2013), King_O_Hill (10-15-2013)

Thanks

Agreed. ;-)

Theme Modder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Thanks.
    You betcha! buddy

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

Krima (10-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,144 Times in 1,749 Posts

Why can't we just call it city, county, state, that's what mine always shows is one of them... " no idea "

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Why can't we just call it city, county, state, that's what mine always shows is one of them... " no idea "
    We can, and do call them city, county and state, bro. But Yahoo gives us even more information about location that that. For some of us that's enjoyable figuring out what the extra data is. That's all. Others can simply ignore such posts if it's of no interest to them. No harm, no foul.

This thread has been pretty dead for a while now. I find it sorta amusing that some people would find "something to read here, at all" as "boring".. ..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,018 Times in 6,925 Posts

Dead or not I'd still rather watch paint dry

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013), Krima (10-16-2013), lostinthemes (11-13-2013), The_Durben (10-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This thread has been pretty dead for a while now. I find it sorta amusing that some people would find "something to read here, at all" as "boring".. ..
    Not so much boring Grant as it is inconsequential. To me it's like if I start talking about how I timed my unlock animation and found it .5 milliseconds behind my other phone. You should know what city you are in and if it doesn't calculate the correct "township" but does the city, it seems like a moot point.

I think that's it Grant, not trying to be rude just my personal perspective.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-16-2013)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM