+ Reply
Page 80 of 206 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by RKO1195 95% of the stores and people restore to latest fw to clean them for sale but there some that had restored them before 7 came out
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,795 Times in 4,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    95% of the stores and people restore to latest fw to clean them for sale but there some that had restored them before 7 came out so that's probably it. They have hundreds of phones so I'm sure that's it and also they buy phones from people to. I don't think they use Lex or semi, and the pics are stock photos mostly so that's why I mail them and ask detailed questions, and you can buy a AT&T iPhone locked to your carrier and then have it unlocked way cheaper than you can buy it already unlocked most of the time! That's what I do anyway.
    But if they restored to 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 - then I'm screwed. When a phone is listed as USED and JAILBROKEN - I just need to know for sure WHAT firmware they're on - before I buy.. Do you understand my concern? And since it's impossible to clean a JAILBROKEN phone totally out.. I just wonder what the SELLER does prior to selling it AS "Jailbroken" to get all his/her personal info off it. These phones of Gazelle - JUST RECENTLY became available.. So we haven't been able to restore for a LONG time. I just want to make 100% sure that I get a Jailbroken phone on at least 6.1. The seller won't respond to my requests.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,945 Times in 6,191 Posts

It's Sunday, maybe they're closed.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (10-06-2013), mcooper (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,610 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So we haven't been able to restore for a LONG time. I just want to make 100% sure that I get a Jailbroken phone on at least 6.1. The seller won't respond to my requests.
    Asking for 100 percent certainty that a "used" phone is perfectly cleaned according to your standards is not possible, hence the "used" part.

Sorry for stating the obvious but asking for advice on this is silly. Might as well ask for an exact date for the iOS 7 jailbreak. It's a question that has no answer that anyone here can give.

Maybe if you asked for 99.94732% certainty, then that's something I can work with.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), mcooper (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 1,772 Posts

They will reply back tomorrow there closed today bud and if it says its jail broke then its "got" to be on 6.0 x if its a 5 I'm sure and they've had these phones for awhile I've seen them on there before now

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), Krima (10-06-2013), NewdestinyX (10-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's Sunday, maybe they're closed.
    First sent eBay question Friday afternoon with my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Asking for 100 percent certainty that a "used" phone is perfectly cleaned according to your standards is not possible, hence the "used" part.
    Never asked for that. Read again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    They will reply back tomorrow there closed today bud and if it says its jail broke then its "got" to be on 6.0 x if its a 5 I'm sure and they've had these phones for awhile I've seen them on there before now
    Thanks, RKO. I know they're close today.. I first sent my eBay question on Friday afternoon. I'm not used to eBay sellers not getting back to me within a few hours. Makes me concerned.. But this isn't a topic for this thread.. Thanks anyway for everyone's thoughts..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013)

Thanks

Never asked for that. Read again.Thanks,
    You misunderstood my point. Good hunting though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013)

Thanks

You misunderstood my point. Good hunting though.
    I just wanted to make sure the seller didn't hook up to iTunes for a full restore to assure all his/her personal info getting cleaned.. And wanted to know what the convention was from people's experiences buying used "pre-jailbroken" phones. Just curious as to what any of you would do if you sold a jb'ed phone. I'd ilex it. So I wasn't asking what my seller "has done" - but what he "might do". Just don't want to get caught with something I can't use.

My question was a very reasonable one that any one here would ask. You made it sound as if it were a stupid question to ask.

Thanks

My apologies Grant. To me it sounded like you wanted assurances in how they cleaned them, like if they used ilex. I seriously doubt it and you asked several questions like that. I just thought it couldn't be answered by anyone.

I never said stupid, I said silly, which I stand by that comment. But fair enough, no worries.

Thanks

I've bought used phones to use for testing and I have always bought them unjailbroken and with a certain firmware. Of the 3 that I have bought, I've never had an issue. All came from private sellers on eBay.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

I said silly, which I stand by that comment.
    *sigh*

I've bought used phones to use for testing and I have always bought them unjailbroken and with a certain firmware. Of the 3 that I have bought, I've never had an issue. All came from private sellers on eBay.
    Not sure I follow. You mean you've searched for a phone on eBay by firmware number but specifically did NOT want it if it said jailbroken?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-06-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks

Yes, I searched for say "iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2".

I don't want someone else's issues.

Thanks

Yes, I searched for say "iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2".

I don't want someone else's issues.
    Hmm. And you actually found such a thing in the past? Wow. Sure aren't any out there now. Ive looked & looked. Been so long since 6.1.2 was signable. The person would have to have restored it months ago - left it on shelf unused and just now decided to sell - if you truly want no one else's problems. If the person's been using it since it was on 6.1.2 then to get ready for sale they'd restore it to get their data off and that would take it to most current firmware - useless to me.

Only the most astute of iPhone owners knows how to use Erase All Contents and Settings which doesn't restore to a new firmware but cleans phone of all personal data, apps and settings.

Thanks

It's been a while since I bought one, so maybe I was lucky and it was still close to the signing window.

Thanks

It's been a while since I bought one, so maybe I was lucky and it was still close to the signing window.
    Yeah. That makes sense. This store RKO mentioned looks good. Just want someone to tell me firmware version. Price is right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Just picked up a 64GB 5 with 6.1.2 on it for $149 from my provider. They are still out there. I made him open her all up to show me the firmware version. No problem.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (10-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Just picked up a 64GB 5 with 6.1.2 on it for $149 from my provider. They are still out there. I made him open her all up to show me the firmware version. No problem.
    Through an AT&T store?I tried that with Radio Shack, Best Buy and Target - and they had none on 6.1.2.. So I've been trying.. You got lucky, my friend. Did you do any calling ahead asking about serial numbers?

All iPhone 5'es that would still have 6.0-6.1.2 will have 4th digit "J" with 'any' 5th digit.. Or 4th digit "K" with 5th digit 1-9, or A, B or C.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-07-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks

Through an AT&T store?I tried that with Radio Shack, Best Buy and Target - and they had none on 6.1.2.. So I've been trying.. You got lucky, my friend. Did you do any calling ahead asking about serial numbers?

All 6.1.2's have 4th digit "J" with 'any' 5th digit.. Or 4th digit "K" with 5th digit 1-9, or A, B or C.
    I just walked in to the Rogers store and asked to see what they had...same phone as the 5C 16GB they are offering up for the same price, so instead of my kid getting a 5, he'll get my 4S with Paragon already on it and I will load up the 5 the same.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-07-2013), NewdestinyX (10-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I just walked in to the Rogers store and asked to see what they had...same phone as the 5C 16GB they are offering up for the same price, so instead of my kid getting a 5, he'll get my 4S with Paragon already on it and I will load up the 5 the same.
    How did you know for sure it had 6.1.2 on it? Did you ask the salesperson to open 'every box' they had and started up the phone?? If so - that was a very nice salesman.. And what's Paragon?

Thanks

How did you know for sure it had 6.1.2 on it? Did you ask the salesperson to open 'every box' they had and started up the phone?? If so - that was a very nice salesman.. And what's Paragon?
    Paragon is a dream board theme that emulates windows 8 and more. Made by endfinity.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (10-08-2013), NewdestinyX (10-07-2013), The.Drifter (10-07-2013)

Thanks

They had 2 phones. He opened up the 1st box and started it up for me. Good to go.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2013)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM