Page 80 of 216 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Moon phase is reported as a number by the weather feeds. The widgets then interpret that to show correct moon phase text/moon image.
    Ah.. Thanks.. I haven't gotten into 'moon phase' codes yet.

Hey Marty.. You still doin' some of your 'milk route' run out in the 'sticks' of Canada? I'd like you to try my new Ultimate Location City iWidget set to its Weather Underground mode for main city name.. Still draw extraLocCity and County from Yahoo via WW.. That place you traveled a couple of months ago - that had no city in WW... based on the lat/long coordinates in that weatherwidget.xml you sent me WeatherUnderground detected as a place called Port Severn in Tay Township. So I'd like you to give 'er a test run on your next trip. For that trip I'll leave MY WeatherUndergound API key in the widget.

Others watching I'm about to release my Ultimate City iWidget for WW with Yahoo/WeatherUnderground or Google as the city engine. You'll need to get your own free API Ticket from WeatherUnderground if you want that funtion to work - and the place to enter your API Key is in the iWidget options.

Comin out shortly..

I'll PM you Marty.

Don't be a stranger, bro!

I know more creativity will jump off again here - when the iOS7 jailbreak is released.. From October to January - this place gets to be a ghost town while so many are stock on their new phones..

Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-13-2013), King_O_Hill (10-13-2013), lostinthemes (10-14-2013), Marty McFly (10-13-2013), The.Drifter (10-14-2013), The_Durben (10-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ah.. Thanks.. I haven't gotten into 'moon phase' codes yet.

Hey Marty.. You still doin' some of your 'milk route' run out in the 'sticks' of Canada? I'd like you to try my new Ultimate Location City iWidget set to its Weather Underground mode for main city name.. Still draw extraLocCity and County from Yahoo via WW.. That place you traveled a couple of months ago - that had no city in WW... based on the lat/long coordinates in that weatherwidget.xml you sent me WeatherUnderground detected as a place called Port Severn in Tay Township. So I'd like you to give 'er a test run on your next trip. For that trip I'll leave MY WeatherUndergound API key in the widget.

Others watching I'm about to release my Ultimate City iWidget for WW with Yahoo/WeatherUnderground or Google as the city engine. You'll need to get your own free API Ticket from WeatherUnderground if you want that funtion to work - and the place to enter your API Key is in the iWidget options.

Comin out shortly..

I'll PM you Marty.

Don't be a stranger, bro!

I know more creativity will jump off again here - when the iOS7 jailbreak is released.. From October to January - this place gets to be a ghost town while so many are stock on their new phones..

Grant
    Hey Grant. Yea, still travelling through small town Ontario so would love to test it. Sounds awesome! Weather Underground - very cool! Thanks for leaving your API for me. PM me anytime.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-13-2013), NewdestinyX (10-13-2013), RKO1195 (10-14-2013), The.Drifter (10-14-2013), The_Durben (10-13-2013)

Thanks Krima, NewD, Gunny.....will test that method and see later this week while I'm changing suburbs.....Does this mean that myLocation widgets and WW widgets can run well side by side?....I'm really hesitant when it comes to trying new tweaks, too many unknowns! And myLocation widgets have been awesome for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Thanks Krima, NewD, Gunny.....will test that method and see later this week while I'm changing suburbs.....Does this mean that myLocation widgets and WW widgets can run well side by side?....I'm really hesitant when it comes to trying new tweaks, too many unknowns! And myLocation widgets have been awesome for me personally.
    I have been using WW and mylocation for months without any conflict.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (10-14-2013), King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), Marty McFly (10-14-2013)

Me too, Ferlop. They run perfectly side by side.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (10-14-2013), King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), Marty McFly (10-14-2013)

Me too, Ferlop. They run perfectly side by side.
    Thanks again, to both of you, and Grant, where can I find your most recent version of your location tracking iwidget? .....oops, sorry, let me do a little bit of searching, thanks!....
    Last edited by ferlop15; 10-14-2013 at 08:24 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), NewdestinyX (10-14-2013)

Default NEW realease: "NEWD ULTIMATE LOCATION iWidget(WW)"-3 locations serivces to choose from
    ...and Grant, where can I find your most recent version of your location tracking iwidget?.
    Well seek and you shall find, Ferlop!!.

Actually several have been asking for this and here is the unveiling of my NEWEST location tracking iWidget.. To borrow a little 'swagger' from our favorite HOMIE - CHEVYMUSCLECAR I've renamed it the NEWD ULTIMATE LOCATION iWIDGET(WW).. because it really sucks every possible inference of location out of the widgetweatherxml PLUS - NEW FEATURE - three different weather services to pull from for Main City..

1) YAHOO (native to WidgetWeather)
    2) GOOGLE (free - no API needed)
    3) WEATHER UNDERGROUND (most accurate for main city - but needs a free API you can get from their site)

My Location iWidget has options for fonts and colors and justification alignment and launches stock with 3 lines of data: Main City, Alternate City (in US this is your Township in the burbs, The words "the Borough" or "in Town" if you're in the center of a large town, or this reports the section of a large city.. Like QUEENS in New York or MANAYUNK in Philly - all auto inferred with my code). And on Line 3 you get the County. All switchable on and off depending what you want.

If you get an API key for Weather Underground - you'll see where to place it in the Main.js file so you don't have to type it in everytime you use the Options for the iWidget. Thought that was better and easier.

So enjoy this.. I'll get some more pics up later today..

Newd Ultimate LocationiWid(WW)

Thanks always to Drifter for the original idea of Independent Elements iWidgets
    Then to Dacal who helps us ALL when we get stuck in our coding..
    And to Durben and King for this great engine called Widget Weather and all their help and support.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (10-14-2013), King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), lostinthemes (10-14-2013), Marty McFly (10-14-2013), nik1975 (10-14-2013), sethbossfan (10-14-2013), Steph53940 (10-14-2013), The.Drifter (10-14-2013), The_Durben (10-14-2013)

Nice Grant!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (10-14-2013), NewdestinyX (10-14-2013), RKO1195 (10-15-2013)

Well seek and you shall find, Ferlop!!.

Enjoy!
    Hahaha!.....just in time......let's see what all the fuss is with you and your GPS tracking addiction, Lol!....teasing, of course. Thanks for this bud, downloading now!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), RKO1195 (10-15-2013), The.Drifter (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nice Grant!
    Thanks, sir.
    Hahaha!.....just in time......let's see what all the fuss is with you and your GPS tracking addiction, Lol!....teasing, of course. Thanks for this bud, downloading now!
    Oh - I 'fully' admit it's a 'compulsion'.. but mostly because it teaches me more about coding and the power of the IF/THEN/ELSE statement in terms of inferring from a document (.xml) all that can be inferred. I was working with three different ones by the different weather services and then thought - hey I could combine them all into one!!.. But getting all that worked out has taken a couple months with my being a little newer to javascript AND my 'perfectionism'..

So I had just packaged it for release -not minutes before you asked about it.. Thanks for being my 'straight man' for the big release.. LOL!!!

I know 'exactly' what it will do for US and CANADIAN folks - but it will be interesting to hear from people in Europe and Asia to see how it works for them..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-14-2013 at 01:23 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (10-15-2013)

Decided to bring this back. More of a novelty lock for most than one that will stay on screen but a few people have asked for it and so far I've got it running with no lag on my 5
    Still some work to do. Bunch of images I need to make, some more animation adjustments and a few other things. Images are gonna be a while making but shouldn't be too much longer for those interested.
    Might also put the hourly forecast in if I can figure out a decent cartoon like animation idea. Have one but it won't really fit on a iPhone 4/S. I'll see

And Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian peeps!

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (10-14-2013), King_O_Hill (10-14-2013), Krima (10-14-2013), lostinthemes (11-13-2013), Marty McFly (10-14-2013), meth357 (10-15-2013), mickcydia (10-14-2013), NewdestinyX (10-14-2013), RKO1195 (10-16-2013), sethbossfan (10-15-2013), TeddyDiesel (10-14-2013), TEK_2012 (10-14-2013)

Nice Lockscreen, Durben.....and nice iwidget here, too.....I discovered this theme very late, unfortunately, so it's new to me, Lol......I need to somehow incorporate this cool new NewD location iwidget, but no ideas so far.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (11-13-2013), mickcydia (10-14-2013), The_Durben (10-14-2013)

I need to somehow incorporate this cool new NewD location iwidget, but no ideas so far.
    FErlop - that's my next project.. I'm almost done.. I want to already use the space that modders are using to incorporate my extra info. I tried making it as simple as adding a 'location.js' file to the mix that the Widget or Wallpaper.html would reference.. but it wasn't quite that simple.. So I'm taking it a widget at a time.. I almost have it down to a simple batch of code lines you can add to any WW widget.. My first step was to get rid of any Config,js that made my widget work. Those variables are already in my main.js - in a 'test area' at the beginning of the code. As you would import my code into any widget - you'd just turn the test variable to TRUE.... But as my iWidget stands now - I do my calling for the 'documentGetElementById' stuff in my code and most widgets already have the 'city' called for in its existing code..

The NewD Ultimate looks good on the bottom right there - but you don't need it twice. Is your idea to be able to see THE COLONY, LEWISVILLE (Township, probably) and DENTON COUNTY all in the upper section?

No, I had it there to see if it gave me any ideas....as you know, I'm not good with code, but what you describe would be the next logical step....would be great to just add a few lines of code to any WW widget to get this city info.....

And now you got me wondering what the hell is the difference between a city and township, will get back to you on that one, after I google
    Last edited by ferlop15; 10-14-2013 at 05:40 PM.

No, I had it there to see if it gave me any ideas....as you know, I'm not good with code, but what you describe would be the next logical step....would be great to just add a few lines of code to any WW widget to get this city info.....

And now you got me wondering what the hell is the difference between a city and township, will get back to you on that one, after I google
    A Township is that next 'political unit' larger than a town or small city that is comprised of a number of towns and small cities. Large Cities aren't part of 'townships' as they're large enough to have their over governing counsels, etc.. Townships are mostly in more suburban and rural areas being comprised of several small towns, villages or small cites/boroughs.

Then a 'County' is the next larger political division made of of several 'townships'. A State is the next largest.

This applies to America and Canada. The information provided by <extraLocCity> in the xml file tells us one of two things:
    1) a township (in rural areas) - this will be a different name than main city
    2) the same name as the main city (indicating you're in the center of a town/borough, small city or large city

Then when you're in a large city - the <extraLocNeighborhood> field in the xml will have the name of that 'section' of the city.. In all other smaller political units the <extraLocNeighborhood> field will say 'null'.

That's the way the xml breaks down (when Yahoo isn't messing with their feeds) for 90% of the info it gives for US and Canada. I am still testing for Europe and Asia.

Certain large states, like where you are, in Texas, have some other political designations for much larger areas. I've found Texas places to be harder to predict with Yahoo's naming. Like Lewisville looks to be its own city - as is Denton... And The Colony is in the center of all of them. So I'm not sure WHAT "The Colony" is.. A city? A municipality? I'd love for you to send me your widgetweather.xml file that gave you that read out..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Funny, most townships in the Midwest reside inside one city. Sometimes it is part of 2 adjacent cities, but considered much smaller than the city that they reside in. Typically the city provides all municipal services for the township for a fee usually equal to whatever taxes are collected for that township.

But that's just out here in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Funny, most townships in the Midwest reside inside one city. Sometimes it is part of 2 adjacent cities, but considered much smaller than the city that they reside in. Typically the city provides all municipal services for the township for a fee usually equal to whatever taxes are collected for that township.

But that's just out here in the Midwest.
    So where you live - what political boundary does <extraLocCity> report for you? Not a township?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-14-2013)

Never even heard of a township until now. I'll stick with calling it just a City. Life is complicated enough as it is without adding a town within a town or whatever it is.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (10-16-2013)

So where you live - what political boundary does <extraLocCity> report for you? Not a township?
    Mine just reports the same as city

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Never even heard of a township until now. I'll stick with calling it just a City. Life is complicated enough as it is without adding a town within a town or whatever it is.
    Yeah. Nashville is a big city. No township info there... But there are sections of Nashville.. I'll bet <extraLocNeighborhood> reports a different name than Nashville for you Krima.

Prolly not for you though, King.

Page 80 of 216 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 130 180 ... LastLast