Page 78 of 216 FirstFirst ... 28 687677787980 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And yet you have no updating or sticking problems with WW?
    Not that I'm aware of. But I don't watch it that closely. I did glance at it a few times during my commute last week when I knew I had changed cities and it had updated.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (10-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. But I don't watch it that closely. I did glance at it a few times during my commute last week when I knew I had changed cities and it had updated.
    Hmm. Well I still had one stick tonight.. Did amazing on the hour trip to my mother-in-law's thru 15-20 changes.. Then 6 miles from my mother-in-law's it got stuck two cities away from her town. I waited close to 30 minutes before I touched it.. and then a respring put it exactly on the right city.

When I have days like today I'm okay not getting a new JB phone -- but then that "stick happens" and it drives me crazy.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,655 Times in 4,342 Posts

Yes I do!
    I'm the same as Durben, I dont have them either.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-05-2013), NewdestinyX (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-05-2013), The_Durben (10-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I'm the same as Durben, I dont have them either.
    I just checked 2 more iPhones and they both have those folders. Funny thing is that one of the phones has never had WW installed on it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-05-2013), The_Durben (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,655 Times in 4,342 Posts

I just checked 2 more iPhones and they both have those folders. Funny thing is that one of the phones has never had WW installed on it.
    So they come from some other tweak/widget/cydget?.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013)

So - King.. DO you have Weather.app and WebViewServices.app in your private/var/mobile/Applications folder?
    I have them as well on a newly fully and cleanly (aka no backup) restored iPod 4 with 6.1.2, JB with evasion 1.5.3 and no WW installed.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), Marty McFly (10-12-2013), NewdestinyX (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-06-2013), The_Durben (10-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I have them as well on a newly fully and cleanly (aka no backup) restored iPod 4 with 6.1.2, JB with evasion 1.5.3 and no WW installed.
    Okay. Then dsg's thought that WW installs those 2 files can't be correct. AND - their being on one's phone doesn't automatically mean problems for WW. As usual we have conflicting experiences.. I'm getting used to it. For me - clearing those two duplicate files made WW "work" from "not working".

But that just goes to show that there's some deep structure corruption my phone is experiencing. After two prolonged getting stuck periods yesterday (even after a perfectly functioning 6 hour period where WW running WeatherUnderground script saw a tiny village that only has a post Ofc and is one square mile across) I've decided to buy a JB used phone from eBay. It's clear my phone has "issues".. And I'm no longer willing for them to be in this equation.

Thanks to you all for your willingness to compare and test with me - but I messed up my phone somehow right about when 1.4-9 came out. I explain it in the iOS6 Theme Guide thread.

Since 6.1.3'sJB isn't imminent either - it's time to give up in this baby - restore it to 7.0.2 and sell on ebay as unlocked. Should bring me enough $ to get a 6.1 JB AT&T 16GB ip5.

Thanks again all!
    Grant

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), The_Durben (10-06-2013)

Grant, here is a company I've bought phones thru on eBay and this is a good deal for 32 Gb 5 for $400 that's on iOS 6 mail them.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=390668139463

Don't know what carrier your on but they have other carriers also just search there store
    Last edited by RKO1195; 10-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), NewdestinyX (10-06-2013), The.Drifter (10-06-2013), The_Durben (10-06-2013)

Thanks RKO.. I saw that store (Gazelle Store) yesterday with a bunch of iP5'es at great prices - but when I write to them I don't get any answer on whether it's on 6.1 or 6.0, etc.. They just say 'jailbroken'. I need at least 6.1 AT&T phone.. And unlocked preferably too.

Also HOW do you think these places are prepping the phone for sale? Are they iLex Rat?? SemiRestore? How will they clean it for sale?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-06-2013 at 02:12 PM.

95% of the stores and people restore to latest fw to clean them for sale but there some that had restored them before 7 came out so that's probably it. They have hundreds of phones so I'm sure that's it and also they buy phones from people to. I don't think they use Lex or semi, and the pics are stock photos mostly so that's why I mail them and ask detailed questions, and you can buy a AT&T iPhone locked to your carrier and then have it unlocked way cheaper than you can buy it already unlocked most of the time! That's what I do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    95% of the stores and people restore to latest fw to clean them for sale but there some that had restored them before 7 came out so that's probably it. They have hundreds of phones so I'm sure that's it and also they buy phones from people to. I don't think they use Lex or semi, and the pics are stock photos mostly so that's why I mail them and ask detailed questions, and you can buy a AT&T iPhone locked to your carrier and then have it unlocked way cheaper than you can buy it already unlocked most of the time! That's what I do anyway.
    But if they restored to 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 - then I'm screwed. When a phone is listed as USED and JAILBROKEN - I just need to know for sure WHAT firmware they're on - before I buy.. Do you understand my concern? And since it's impossible to clean a JAILBROKEN phone totally out.. I just wonder what the SELLER does prior to selling it AS "Jailbroken" to get all his/her personal info off it. These phones of Gazelle - JUST RECENTLY became available.. So we haven't been able to restore for a LONG time. I just want to make 100% sure that I get a Jailbroken phone on at least 6.1. The seller won't respond to my requests.

It's Sunday, maybe they're closed.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (10-06-2013), mcooper (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-06-2013)

So we haven't been able to restore for a LONG time. I just want to make 100% sure that I get a Jailbroken phone on at least 6.1. The seller won't respond to my requests.
    Asking for 100 percent certainty that a "used" phone is perfectly cleaned according to your standards is not possible, hence the "used" part.

Sorry for stating the obvious but asking for advice on this is silly. Might as well ask for an exact date for the iOS 7 jailbreak. It's a question that has no answer that anyone here can give.

Maybe if you asked for 99.94732% certainty, then that's something I can work with.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), mcooper (10-06-2013), RKO1195 (10-06-2013)

They will reply back tomorrow there closed today bud and if it says its jail broke then its "got" to be on 6.0 x if its a 5 I'm sure and they've had these phones for awhile I've seen them on there before now

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013), Krima (10-06-2013), NewdestinyX (10-06-2013)

It's Sunday, maybe they're closed.
    First sent eBay question Friday afternoon with my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Asking for 100 percent certainty that a "used" phone is perfectly cleaned according to your standards is not possible, hence the "used" part.
    Never asked for that. Read again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    They will reply back tomorrow there closed today bud and if it says its jail broke then its "got" to be on 6.0 x if its a 5 I'm sure and they've had these phones for awhile I've seen them on there before now
    Thanks, RKO. I know they're close today.. I first sent my eBay question on Friday afternoon. I'm not used to eBay sellers not getting back to me within a few hours. Makes me concerned.. But this isn't a topic for this thread.. Thanks anyway for everyone's thoughts..

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013)

Never asked for that. Read again.Thanks,
    You misunderstood my point. Good hunting though.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-06-2013)

You misunderstood my point. Good hunting though.
    I just wanted to make sure the seller didn't hook up to iTunes for a full restore to assure all his/her personal info getting cleaned.. And wanted to know what the convention was from people's experiences buying used "pre-jailbroken" phones. Just curious as to what any of you would do if you sold a jb'ed phone. I'd ilex it. So I wasn't asking what my seller "has done" - but what he "might do". Just don't want to get caught with something I can't use.

My question was a very reasonable one that any one here would ask. You made it sound as if it were a stupid question to ask.

My apologies Grant. To me it sounded like you wanted assurances in how they cleaned them, like if they used ilex. I seriously doubt it and you asked several questions like that. I just thought it couldn't be answered by anyone.

I never said stupid, I said silly, which I stand by that comment. But fair enough, no worries.

I've bought used phones to use for testing and I have always bought them unjailbroken and with a certain firmware. Of the 3 that I have bought, I've never had an issue. All came from private sellers on eBay.

I said silly, which I stand by that comment.
    *sigh*

I've bought used phones to use for testing and I have always bought them unjailbroken and with a certain firmware. Of the 3 that I have bought, I've never had an issue. All came from private sellers on eBay.
    Not sure I follow. You mean you've searched for a phone on eBay by firmware number but specifically did NOT want it if it said jailbroken?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Page 78 of 216 FirstFirst ... 28 687677787980 88 128 178 ... LastLast