Page 75 of 216 FirstFirst ... 25 657374757677 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marmoul's Avatar
    Thanks

hello, an idea for improvement. Is it possible to choose the language from the tweak WW? thank you
    iphonejailbreak.fr

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    And grant my widget is showing the same city and county names as always has in past with this version! Maybe it's the way you have yours set up not sure but mine is the same.
    I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the Weather.app city name and WW city names almost never matching. Like King said, Weather.app almost always shows just county name - for me too. Not city. Clearly WW's GPS engine has greater refinement than Weather.app.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-30-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Marmoul View Post
    hello, an idea for improvement. Is it possible to choose the language from the tweak WW? thank you
    That would require a lot of work to be implemented into the tweak itself. We have discussed this and as a group, decided to use it as is with the widget supplying the translations.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (10-01-2013), RKO1195 (09-30-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That would require a lot of work to be implemented into the tweak itself. We have discussed this and as a group, decided to use it as is with the widget supplying the translations.

ok thank you
    iphonejailbreak.fr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marmoul For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the Weather.app city name and WW city names almost never matching. Like King said, Weather.app almost always shows just county name - for me too. Not city. Clearly WW's GPS engine has greater refinement than Weather.app.

Ok yea the weather app shows county alot, thought you meant the tweak

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

Or may be just implementing a key in the XML file, that we could use in place of edit the config.js file.

Exemple :
    <lang>EN</lang>
    Not a lot of work, just more simple for user to choose a language.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Heine (09-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (10-01-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), Marmoul (09-30-2013), RKO1195 (09-30-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Thanks

Exactly Dacal. This will facilitate the config
    iphonejailbreak.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Or may be just implementing a key in the XML file, that we could use in place of edit the config.js file.

Exemple :

Not a lot of work, just more simple for user to choose a language.
    Ok, let me look into it.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Dacal (09-30-2013), Heine (09-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (10-01-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), Marty McFly (09-30-2013), RKO1195 (10-01-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Here is another little cydget (attached), plain looking and simple. It was just a test to see if Cydgets can run geolocation javascript.
    Yes they can!
    This cydget is based on a code example I found ages ago somewhere on the web, hence all the comments in the geo.js file.
    It basically fetches the current GPS position and watches it for any changes. It also would give speed reading, but have not tried that.
    So, cydgets can run geolocation javascript, this means weather lockscreens can now be build as cydgets html pages and no more detour to get latitude and longitude.
    The rest is now up to you what you do with it.
    Installation is as before with the GoogleMaps Cydget, see previous page (page 75, post #1497).
    Last edited by rasputin007; 09-30-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Heine (09-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (10-01-2013), King_O_Hill (09-30-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), Marty McFly (09-30-2013), mcooper (09-30-2013), NewdestinyX (09-30-2013), RKO1195 (10-01-2013), The_Durben (10-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Here is another little cydget, plain looking and simple. It was just a test to see if Cydgets can run geolocation javascript.
    Yes they can!
    This cydget is based on a code example I found ages ago somewhere on the web, hence all the comments in the geo.js file.
    It basically fetches the current GPS position and watches it for any changes. It also would give speed reading, but have not tried that.
    So, cydgets can run geolocation javascript, this means weather lockscreens can now be build as cydgets html pages and no more detour to get latitude and longitude.
    The rest is now up to you what you do with it.

GeoLocation Cydget

Installation is as before with the GoogleMaps Cydget, see previous page (page 75, post #1497).
    There are no bounds to your imagination Ras.

Hey Rasputin the file is bad

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-01-2013)

Which one, the MediaFire link (just tried that and works fine), or the attached one.
    I tried to attach the file from my computer in the first place but it would not accept it, only through the MediaFire link would it attach.
    I rar-ed it this time again on Mediafire.

EDIT:
    Alternative go to HERE, I have both cydgets attached there as well.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 10-01-2013 at 02:34 PM.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Heine (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-01-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), RKO1195 (10-01-2013)

Ok yea must been the other one this one works thanks

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Heine (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-01-2013), rasputin007 (10-01-2013)

Which one, the MediaFire link (just tried that and works fine), or the attached one.
    I tried to attach the file from my computer in the first place but it would not accept it, only through the MediaFire link would it attach.
    I rar-ed it this time again on Mediafire.

EDIT:
    Alternative go to HERE, I have both cydgets attached there as well.
    Ras, sometimes I get the message "acquiring GeoLocation" and it's stuck there forever.. And other times it says "Info not Accurate enough".. What do those mean?

When it IS working it updates Lat/Long coordinates nearly every 10 feet..!! It's crazy.. Is our GPS antenna in our phones "that sensitive"?? Wow!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-01-2013 at 03:44 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

I have not written that code!
    It was just an example I had floating around and it was the one I picked, only adjusted the code for 4S.
    I could not care less about accuracy, speed etc. All I wanted is a geolocation javascript that displays the latitude and longitude, which it does, so I took it to build the cydget.
    It is about the principle that cydget html pages can run geolocation javascript. The implication of that is what we always wanted for years, but were forced to get the latitude and longitude from other methods, e.g. myLocation.txt, iphone web server, webclip pages or WidgetWeather, because Winterboard did not run geolocation javascript!
    Now it should be possible to replace the javascript part in weather lockscreen themes with a simple geolocation javascript, rename LockBackground.html into index.html and add a Info.plist file. Now your previously Winterboard weather theme, that depended on getting its GPS coordinates from somewhere else, has been turned into a standalone weather cydget theme.
    Imagine you got a UniAW cydget theme, a few of Marty's weather widgets turned into cydgets, then by simply pressing the Home button you can change from one weather theme cydget to another one. As there is no known limit on how many cydgets you can have you could have 20 or more "weather ... or not" themes on your lockscreen, each one just a Home button press away.
    No respring needed to change theme!
    Create your own personal "playlist" of cydget themes in LockCydgetOrder.
    That was my idea behind this GeoLocation.cydget.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 10-01-2013 at 05:39 PM.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Heine (10-03-2013), Jato_BZ (10-01-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), RKO1195 (10-01-2013), The.Drifter (10-01-2013), The_Durben (10-03-2013)

Yeah.. Love it. Boundless potential! More questions coming.. Since I want that power on my Springboard too - is there any way the coordinates that get generated by that Cydget can be written to an XML file in real time? Or at a specified interval?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

You do not need to save GPS position!
    OK, the example GeoLocation.cydget used the watchPosition javascript, meaning it constantly monitors for changes, but really you do not need this at all.
    Just a simple plain geolocation javascript that fetches latitude and longitude. Those get passed on to get weather info for that GPS position and then displayed.
    Because whenever you open a cydget with the Home button it will run the code, hence you always will have your current GPS position.
    Think back to the myLocation.txt times. Weather themes read the latitude and longitude from the myLocation.txt file and used those to fetch woeid and then the weather for that location from Yahoo. Now there is no need to get latitude and longitude from somewhere else, the html file can do it all on its own: get GPS position and fetch the weather info. No need to depend on anything else.

btw I tried a simpler geolocation script in a cydget that displayed the latitude and longitude as well as the full address, but also automatically saved the latitude and longitude to a database, no user interaction needed. That worked as well.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-03-2013), RKO1195 (10-01-2013), The_Durben (10-03-2013)

Ras, I have a zillion questions - can you start a thread on your findings.? I feel funny talking about an "alternative" to WW in their own thread.. I would PM you but you don't use PMs..

Thx..

33. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

By adding so many things to our lockscreens, like WW widgets, Cydgets etc... The urgent tweak we need is a 30 or 40SecondsLockScreen...

20SecondsLockScreen is not enough by the time

35. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    By adding so many things to our lockscreens, like WW widgets, Cydgets etc... The urgent tweak we need is a 30 or 40SecondsLockScreen...

20SecondsLockScreen is not enough by the time
    The tweak, "20SecondLockScreen" has settings in it for 60sec, 1 minute, 2 minutes, etc.. Very easy to change. The name is misleading.

You do not need to save GPS position!
    OK, the example GeoLocation.cydget used the watchPosition javascript, meaning it constantly monitors for changes, but really you do not need this at all.
    Just a simple plain geolocation javascript that fetches latitude and longitude. Those get passed on to get weather info for that GPS position and then displayed.

Because whenever you open a cydget with the Home button it will run the code, hence you always will have your current GPS position.
    Think back to the myLocation.txt times. Weather themes read the latitude and longitude from the myLocation.txt file and used those to fetch woeid and then the weather for that location from Yahoo. Now there is no need to get latitude and longitude from somewhere else, the html file can do it all on its own: get GPS position and fetch the weather info. No need to depend on anything else.
    Why do you suppose more widget designers haven't adopted this method if it's so simple? You say that our lat and long are always available in the background and accessible via a Java command? How? Can you post the code?

btw I tried a simpler geolocation script in a cydget that displayed the latitude and longitude as well as the full address, but also automatically saved the latitude and longitude to a database, no user interaction needed. That worked as well.
    Would you be willing to PM that script to me. I'd like to play with it and adapt it for my ideas if possible. Right now I've done something to my phone that has rendered Weather.app not able to update instantly upon opening of NC as it used to. This problem has affected WidgetWeather from working on my phone too - since they're tied together in Stephen's tweak. (I'm guessing). So I'm eager to see if I can access Lat and Long from some other method than a tweak tied to Weather.app.

Thanks, Ras.. I look forward to more..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-03-2013), lostinthemes (10-04-2013), nik1975 (10-03-2013)

Page 75 of 216 FirstFirst ... 25 657374757677 85 125 175 ... LastLast