Page 74 of 216 FirstFirst ... 24 647273747576 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Yeah not sure about ios7 I'm on 6.1.4. Most of time I'm not fussed about having to charge just occasionally I don't have the ability to so need phone to last
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-25-2013)

Location Services is definitely a major contributor to battery drain. But it of course depends on what apps you're using that use LocSvcs. I believe the alpha and beta team if they say WW isn't a big drain. But switching LocSrvcs off, for me, when I'm indoors can add 2-3 hours more battery life for me in a day - so since it's not WW's running it must be other things I'm running causing the drain. Your Mileage May Vary.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-26-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

I noticed my widget wasn't updating this morning so I switched to manual and went into the weather app and this is what I got…

Never seen that before. I assume its yahoo and not WW, but I figured I'd post just invade it is the latter.

Yea that's Yahoo doing that on your weather app I have it to some, I would have thought by now it would be fixed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Jesus™ (09-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, for the record...I am still using 1.4.8 and it works flawlessly. I have travelled halfway around the world in the last month and back again, and it updates as designed. Am I in town A which is 300m down the road from where I am standing in village B? Don't know, don't care...the weather is the same in both places anyway. Does it update within 230ms of my moving to town A?...don't care! What it DOES do is tell me the current weather. I don't have the need to stare at my phone and watch the location, weather icons, and Hi/Lo temps change. I just check the weather from time to time. I am happy with that. Great work guys! I love this widget...I guess there is no need for me to update to the newest if the one I have works well. Wait and shoot...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

Heine (09-30-2013), King_O_Hill (09-26-2013), Marty McFly (09-26-2013), RKO1195 (09-26-2013), The_Durben (09-27-2013)

Glad that it is working well for you bro. I agree, there aren't any new features, so if the version that you are using is working for you, then just stick with it.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Heine (09-30-2013), Marty McFly (09-26-2013), NewdestinyX (09-26-2013), RKO1195 (09-26-2013), The_Durben (09-27-2013)

Just for Grant!
    This is a little Google-Maps cydget for the Lockscreen, which will show you the GPS position from the latitude and longitude values from the widgetweather.xml file. So now you can check if the GPS position the Widget Weather tweak/iOS Weather App is using, is actually where you are.

You can run any Winterboard lockscreen theme you want, as long as you have the Widget Weather tweak installed and the "Extra Weather Details" in it enabled (needed to get proper GPS values).
    To switch from your current Winterboard lockscreen theme to Google-Maps-Cydget simple press the Home button, to go back press the Home button again.
    Installation
    1.) Install Cydget from Cydia
    2.) Download the attached file and copy the "Google-Maps.cydget" folder into /System/Library/LockCydgets.
    3.) Respring, so Cydget can see the new Google-Maps cydget, never mind the info on the lockscreen, we change this now.
    4.) Open Settings->Cydget->Lock Cydget Order
    5.) Drag "AnyView" to the top spot and select
    6.) Drag "Google-Maps" below it and select
    7.) Unselect "Welcome"
    now it should look like this

8.) Respring
    9.) Enjoy!

The Home button cycles through all selected cydgets starting from top. "AnyView" cydget is a dummy cydget so to speak, that's why you see the Winterboard theme. Press the Home button and "Google-Maps" cydget is shown, on top of your Winterboard theme. Google Maps is fully interactive, you can zoom in and out, move around, change to Map view, activate Street View and move around etc. Below the map is the full address Google can find for the GPS position. You also can unlock the lockscreen from any cydget, depending what unlock method your Winterboard theme uses. Mine uses Tap-to-unlock and so does the "Google-Maps" cydget. Press the Home button again and you are back at "AnyView" cydget, so you see the Winterboard theme again.
    Now you can actually check what GPS position iOS Weather App uses.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 09-29-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Destan (09-29-2013), Heine (09-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-30-2013), It's Mi (10-01-2013), King_O_Hill (09-29-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), marco29 (10-03-2013), Marty McFly (09-29-2013), NewdestinyX (09-29-2013), Noobiusmaximus (09-30-2013), RKO1195 (09-29-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Thanks, Ras! This looks very cool for a 'location geek' like myself. Thanks for thinking of me.

My phone has entered a period of 'instability' due to (I think) my accidental erasure of a file called backboardd in the var/mobile/Library/preferences folder. That file regenerated itself after a 'restore-looking' progress bar under the Apple insignia after I erased it. But since then my phone has had weidnesses... one of which - is that with even the newest WidgetWeather 1.5-26 -- I don't get consistent updating of location anymore. Sometimes it works well for hours - other times not at all. I notice too - that, even when Constant Mode is turned on - WW seems to be tied to me opening the Notification Center to change. My Weather.app is unstable for some reason.. It's often blank - even though Location services for both Weather.app and WW are on. It seems that when the Weather.app on my phone is not updating.. neither is WW..

Durben and King said throughout this thread - that Stephen TOOK OVER the Weather.app - which I assumed to mean 'bypassing it in some way'... Whatever I did to my phone.. (and I have no idea what the backboardd [yes, two 'd's' on the end] prefs file does) it made my Weather.app from Apple unstable and inconsistent in updating. Tragically - that's made Widget Weather also rarely update consistently.. .. It's a CRUEL JOKE that "I" of all people, who fought against any notion of a new Weather data engine being associated IN ANY WAY with Native (Weather.app) would NOW have his worst fears realized... that as ustable as Native weather is/was in updating automatically - is exactly the problem I'm experiencing with Weather Widget. ...

PLEASE, PLEASE HEAR me, Derrick, Brian and others.. I am NOT blaming WW for my current status.. If there were a GLOBAL problem with WW, as a tweak, by design, then WAY more would be experiencing what I am. I have to assume that my phone either has a tweak conflict or something's wrong with my jailbreak. And there's some corrupt prefs file I can't get to without a full restore - that's causing my problems with WW. I rewrote my widget to get coordinates from myLocation.txt and that's perfectly stable on my phone. Only Widget Weather is affected - because it's tied to Weather.app. And my Weather.app must be corrupt somehow.

I've already done 3 iLexRAT Restore II's in a row.. 1 time through iLex doesn't get rid of everything.. 3 times gets rid of most things.. but still leaves Gridlock 2.0 -and a lot of Folders that tweaks create are also left on the phone.

I am currently looking for a 6.1.2 iPhone5 on the distant back shelves of some Best Buy somewhere -- hoping against hope I can get a fresh jailbreak soon. So I'm pretty bummed after all the work I've done.

Before I did something whack with my phone.. back on WW 1.4-7 and 1.48 -- even with the sticking occasionally WW was an UPDATING MACHINE!!!!! As I've said - that made some of you conclude my 'OCD'-ness... that I could walk from from front yard to my back yard and WW would update my Township before my eyes - as I live right on the border of two townships. It was amazing.. Those days are gone... and I want them back..

But even with a fresh phone -- I'm not sure I'll get ALL that accuracy back as it seems Stephen, to correct the GPS problem that caused the sticking thing... between 1.4-8 and 1.4-9, used a different localization method that is slightly less accurate than 1.4-8..On may way to work from home, WW, in 1.4-7 and 1.4-8, would accurately update 7 times.. which marks the 7 cities I pass through. After 1.4-9 (and before I messed up my phone) it would show only 4 - that's about the accuracy level of the MyLocation tweak.

WW is still the weather widget engine of the future... NO DOUBT! I still support it 98%. But until I fix my phone or get a new one.. I have to live a 'broken' WW... (no fault of WW's itself)..

Peace!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-29-2013 at 01:45 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-29-2013)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-29-2013), rasputin007 (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Just for Grant!

Now you can actually check what GPS position iOS Weather App uses.
    I've been playing with this now, Ras.. Is it supposed to cover my whole iPhone 5 screen? It looks sized too small. Is it built for iPhone 4/4S? Also what do you mean by your last statement there? Did you rather mean to say that this Cydget checks the coordinates for what WW(Widget Weather) is reporting? Or is that the 'same thing' as saying Apple's weather app?

Very cool concept! Thanks again!
    Grant

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-29-2013)

Yes it is for 4S, I don't have a 5er.
    Just change the the dimensions in the index.html file to fit the 5er screen size.
    Latitude and Longitude of the widgetweather.xml file are being pulled from iOS Weather App using Widget Weather tweak, hence all content of the xml file is original obtained by iOS Weather App.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-01-2013), King_O_Hill (09-29-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), NewdestinyX (09-29-2013), RKO1195 (09-29-2013)

Just change the the dimensions in the index.html file to fit the 5er screen size.
    Thanks!! I'll change that..
    Latitude and Longitude of the widgetweather.xml file are being pulled from iOS Weather App using Widget Weather tweak, hence all content of the xml file is original obtained by iOS Weather App.
    Then explain why I see different city information in the widgetweather.xml and the Weather.app itself? They are related - but 'not' the exact same thing as I understand it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Then explain why I see different city information in the widgetweather.xml and the Weather.app itself? They are related - but 'not' the exact same thing as I understand it.
    I can't, as I am not the dev who wrote the code for the Widget Weather tweak and therefore can only guess how this tweak works with iOS Weather App, based on common sense.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Heine (09-30-2013), King_O_Hill (09-29-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), mcooper (09-30-2013)

Thanks!! I'll change that..
    Easy answer is that Apple is not as exact with the GPS positioning resulting in a different result for city. For me, it is usually county.

The quick explanation here rewarding GPS accuracy is that it can be set to a tight radius or a wider radius. We had Stephen set it fairly tight. I don't believe that he has changed the radius even though he may have changed some of the code that accesses the GPS chip.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Easy answer is that Apple is not as exact with the GPS positioning resulting in a different result for city. For me, it is usually county.

The quick explanation here rewarding GPS accuracy is that it can be set to a tight radius or a wider radius. We had Stephen set it fairly tight. I don't believe that he has changed the radius even though he may have changed some of the code that accesses the GPS chip.
    Thanks, King.. That makes a lot of sense. Would you also be able to comment on whether, in Stephen's trying to stop the "sticking" from 1.4-8 to 1.4-9 he ended up having to set the GPS to a "wider" radius to achieve "non-stick"? For me- even when 1.4-9 and 1.5-26 are updating flawlessly - the results they return (for me) seem nowhere near as "tight" as 1.4-7,8 were. Was that a rewrite in the code?

I just want to know.. so I can differentiate Grant-phone issues - from code design changes. I promise I won't start a "whiney" campaign to get the "tighter radius" back.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-29-2013)

Thanks, King.. That makes a lot of sense. Would you also be able to comment on whether, in Stephen's trying to stop the "sticking" from 1.4-8 to 1.4-9 he ended up having to set the GPS to a "wider" radius to achieve "non-stick"? For me- even when 1.4-9 and 1.5-26 are updating flawlessly - the results they return (for me) seem nowhere near as "tight" as 1.4-7,8 were. Was that a rewrite in the code?

I just want to know.. so I can differentiate Grant-phone issues - from code design changes. I promise I won't start a "whiney" campaign to get the "tighter radius" back.
    I will check with him, but I don't think that it was changed since the early days, as we had a discussion on if we wanted it even tighter.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-29-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I will check with him, but I don't think that it was changed since the early days, as we had a discussion on if we wanted it even tighter.
    Thanks, King. Anything you can find out would be helpful in my troubleshooting on this end. I can certainly understand why going to an "even tighter" radius would possibly be the topic of concern in a conversation as it may take up more battery resources, etc. Thank you.

Well okay, Ras. But what I don't understand is that the dimensions you have set in there now are 640 x 640 which aren't even iPhone4 full-screen dimensions. Is some portion of the Cydget supposed to leave room for you to see your Lockscreen unlock grabber? Why didn't you make the dimensions 640 x 960 for an iP4/4S?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-29-2013 at 07:56 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-29-2013)

Default WidgetWeather Switch UniAW6.4 McFly LS
    Hi everyone,

Sorry it's taken me a while to post this. But finally here we have WidgetWeather Switch UniAW6.4 McFly LS for i4 and i5

With this theme there is an added button in the tap menu that will allow you to switch your weather data between Accuweather and WidgetWeather. Obviously the WidgetWeather tweak is required. Here are a few notes:

• Location is always determined by WidgetWeather. It's strictly the weather information that switches.
    • The hourly forecast (WW) and the UV Index (Acc) are on both sides.
    • Unfortunately there are no translations for the Accuweather forecast descriptions - sorry.
    • Moonset/rise and Full Moon info have been removed.

***I do want to let everyone know that occasionally I do experience everything being "undefined" on the Accuweather side. Sometimes a simple switch to WW and switch back fixes the problem, sometimes I have to wait until the next update. I haven't been able to find the cause but please let me know if this happens to you. The more info you can give me the better.***

Thanks to Dacal, Bliken, RKO, Durben, Krima, King and others for help/testing along the way.

Download Link: WidgetWeather Switch UniAW6.4 McFly.theme

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (09-30-2013), Dacal (09-30-2013), Dexy88 (10-01-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-30-2013), King_O_Hill (09-29-2013), Krima (09-29-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), Marmoul (09-30-2013), mrsmickey (09-30-2013), NewdestinyX (09-30-2013), nik1975 (09-30-2013), phil73 (09-30-2013), RKO1195 (09-29-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Well okay, Ras. But what I don't understand is that the dimensions you have set in there now are 640 x 640 which aren't even iPhone4 full-screen dimensions. Is some portion of the Cydget supposed to leave room for you to see your Lockscreen unlock grabber? Why didn't you make the dimensions 640 x 960 for an iP4/4S?
    It is quite simple why I made the map canvas 640x640.
    Google Maps is interactive, meaning you slide your finger all over the map, especially when you use StreetView mode your finger is mostly at the bottom of the map.
    If it would have been full screen 640x960, then the bottom of the map overlaps the slide to unlock area and instead of moving around in Google Maps you unlock the lockscreen. This is even more the case when you use Tap-to-unlock, as I do.
    For that reason I can not use full screen, 640x640 is a nice square size and allows to have enough room for the address, which can be one, two or three lines.
    I could have used a background picture with an unlock slider in it to indicate the unlock ability of this cydget, but choose not to do that.
    Feel free to play around with the cydget, change map canvas size, zoom level, what ever you like.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-30-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-30-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Yea the size you made it is perfect to me Rasputin I'm on a 5 and you don't want the map to be full screen the way it shows and displays.

And grant my widget is showing the same city and county names as always has in past with this version! Maybe it's the way you have yours set up not sure but mine is the same.
    Last edited by RKO1195; 09-30-2013 at 01:57 AM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-30-2013), The_Durben (09-30-2013)

Page 74 of 216 FirstFirst ... 24 647273747576 84 124 174 ... LastLast