Page 68 of 216 FirstFirst ... 18 586667686970 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4303

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

My iPhone doesn't learn as I use it. But it's an i4, not an high-five.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), Jato_BZ (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), prymeh (09-18-2013), The_Durben (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus™ View Post
    I know right, I was in iFile looking for a non existent button for a minute, and was still doubting myself until I read Durben's post about Marty's widget and UNIAW.
    Sorry for the misleading information, I forgot what thread I was in. Sorry for the snipe hunt :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    My iPhone doesn't learn as I use it. But it's an i4, not an high-five.
    Froggy for president!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2013), Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. I figured that out. But the iPhone learns of this eventually for all other tweaks and stops asking. And the reasons I'm wondering.. is that I thought what was uploaded to Cydia was 'identical' to the one on Page 1. And yet the one on page 1 - never asked me - ever. There has to be 'some difference'. No?
    I only have ever had the package from page one and it has asked me that a couple times in the past.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

I only have ever had the package from page one and it has asked me that a couple times in the past.
    Yes. But then after you answered "the request" of the phone by turning on or off Location services - your phone has never asked you again.. Right? The system software learns your usage patterns and stores it in a preference file. One of iPhone's best features.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. But then after you answered "the request" of the phone by turning on or off Location services - your phone has never asked you again.. Right? The system software learns your usage patterns and stores it in a preference file. One of iPhone's best features.
    Yes, once upon each install. 3 times total, 2 different versions and I used iLex R.A.T. Once. I run iCleaner Pro a lot, I wonder if Exile90 knows of this preference file and if he's dumping it on every clean. I'm assuming (I know bad word) he doesn't dump it because no other app or tweak has asked for any permissions a second time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Yes, once upon each install. 3 times total, 2 different versions and I used iLex R.A.T. Once. I run iCleaner Pro a lot, I wonder if Exile90 knows of this preference file and if he's dumping it on every clean. I'm assuming (I know bad word) he doesn't dump it because no other app or tweak has asked for any permissions a second time.
    Hmm. Interesting point... I'm running iLexRAT right now but it never 'rebooted' as it said it would.. I'm just in a safemode loop now.. I hit Exit Safe mode and I bounce right back into safemode.. uggh... I hope this isn't the end... I heard this was the safest method.. I chose the full restore path from iLEX which is supposed to take away everything and just leave bare system plus Cydia.. But a lot of my tweaks are still on the phone and ALL my folders from themes.. It's really weird.. Do I have to run iLex from my computer?

EDIT: Okay - I'm a certified idiot.. You have to run the iLex restore from within Mobile Terminal.. All is fine now.. I have a clean phone with Cydia on it.. Gonna start reloading now.. Wow.. It's been a long time since I've seen THIS clean a phone.. LOL!!!!

EDIT2: I also find it interesting that iLex does NOT get rid of GRIDLOCK nor OpenSSH.. I would have expected them to also be gone.. But they're still there..
    ------------------------
    IS Version 1.4-9 the newest?!?!?!? If so it's LIVE IN CYDIA!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-18-2013 at 11:28 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Yes it's live. An hour or do ago it updated.

1.4-9 is current

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2013), Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), RKO1195 (09-18-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

Yea Grant that's the only two tweaks it don't get rid of but I used the Lex rat that has the app and do the while restore that's the best one to me.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Yes it's live. An hour or do ago it updated.

1.4-9 is current
    BOOHOO..... I was hoping I was wrong.. No updating on constant mode at all.... ........

The only three tweaks I have on my phone after an iLex Rat restore are Winterboard, Weather Widget and iWidgets. No updating... I couldn't be more bummed.. I can't even trick it into working by toggling... I have my LOGGING on.. So I'll send you the report.. But of all people, on the planet for it to be completely DEAD to.. I don't understand why it's me.. I fear - with all my testing. Apple's blocked my phone's ip address for too many requests. That's the only thing that can explain it.

1)I have all permissions set correctly for the Documents folder
    2)I set it to Manual first and went into NC and then rebooted just like instructions
    3)Reset to constant.. Drove around... nothing.. NEver changed once.. Went through three different towns that used to update perfectly when 1.4-8 wasn't stuck... Even since I downloaded the version from Cydia 1.4-8 and now 9... Nothing.. Completely dead tweak to me. And now with a restored phone...

I just don't understand how this could be.....

I'm going to test with my wife's 4S and see if it works perfectly for her.. If so - then it will be a 100% conclusion that Apple's Yahoo Feed limits requests and then blocks you... uggh...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), The_Durben (09-18-2013)

Update fixed my issue of not updating location no matter what I tried. Thanks guys.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serky For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), RKO1195 (09-18-2013)

1.4.9 fixed the Update issue Grant maybe your phone or ModMyi install problem maybe get Durben to send you the deb and try that cause its working good! But apple isn't blocking you! you can't get block from them lol.. That's just to funny

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    1.4.9 fixed the Update issue Grant maybe your phone or ModMyi install problem maybe get Durben to send you the deb and try that cause its working good! But apple isn't blocking you! you can't get block from them lol.. That's just to funny
    It updated once on my wife's phone.. but only after I entered NCenter and back out.. It didn't automatically update when I entered the town at the same point it updated before (when working) at that same point in town.. On Constant Mode set to 5 minutes..

I turned logging on and the gps log has a LOT of entries in it that seem to show that the tweak is getting the newer and more consistent GPS information. But the Widgets are NOT getting that data.. Well.. I ride to work shortly.. That's my best testing ground.. I'm hoping it's just something simple...

By the way.. it's not APPLE that would be blocking anything, RKO.. But the feed Stephen's TAKEN over is now operated by the Tweak and not Apple.. Yahoo could think I'm a SpamBot trying to tap in.. In my testing I'm hitting that server request sometimes 20-30 times a minutes and 600-1500 calls a day... I run 5 widgets at once to do my testing.. I agree -- it's probably a remote possibility.. But why would it update on my wife's phone and not mine? There's something about 'my' phone... and its MAC address which is unique and trackable.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

If phones were being blocked mine would be too.
    I run multiple widgets and respring/reboot for changes on new ones ect many many times a day.
    There is another issue with your phone Grant.

I don't know what but mine is working fine on all localization settings.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-18-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

Also Grant you may need to run iLex Rat again most have to run it twice and do the whole restore its a app the new one is

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

If phones were being blocked mine would be too.
    Nah.. D.. Very easy to block single phones by MAC Address. Same way this forum could block your computer from logging in. Yahoo's service knows every mobile MAC address that's accessing it. If they wished to block a single phone from their weather feed - they easily could and not affect all phones. But I will agree that I do NOT think that's my issue - the more I think about it..

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Also Grant you may need to run iLex Rat again most have to run it twice and do the whole restore its a app the new one is
    I've never heard of this and not sure what you mean..

OKAY!! Good NEWS for me too.. On the way to work. Auto updating was happening again.. THANK GOODNESS!! It's NOT personal blocking of my phone.. (you all knew that. ).. And I have no idea why it didn't update driving around through three towns near my home - but on my way to my job 30 minutes away it did. The good news is that it's NOT stuck anymore. Thank you, Stephen!!!

But I'm wondering - if in his getting a new GPS localization method - if the 'pinpoint' accuracy and variance of distance before reporting a new location to the XML have changed. In 1.48 (from page one, not Cydia version {which NEVER worked for me at all}) the XML would change just moving from my front yard to my back yard and report a different Township since I'm on the border of two. But my issue is about city accuracy. These are all cities below:

On my way to work, with 1.4-8 it would update 7 times:
    Flourtown, Lafayette Hill, Plymouth Meeting, Conshohocken, West Conshohocken, Villanova, Wayne.

Today with 1.4-9 it only did 4:
    Flourtown, Plymouth Meeting, Conshohocken, Wayne

So.. more days of testing to come... And I'm grateful for what appears to be no more sticking..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-18-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: To clarify that the names listed were 'cities'

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

You are far too worried about townships, counties, ect
    It's bordering on OCD

As well, the deb we get from Stephen is the same I send to MMi
    There is no difference. There may have been an issue with the way MMi packed it last time but 1.4-9 is fine.
    I've installed from there today and its working same as the deb I installed two days ago.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2013), GUNNY29 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), RKO1195 (09-18-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

Posts are way too long also.

I could of said all that in a quarter of that post lol

It's just as bad/annoying as quoting posts with aload of pics
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

You are far too worried about townships, counties, ect
    It's bordering on OCD
    Prolly didn't make it clear - but they're all cities in my last post. Couldn't care less about counties and townships. All the names I listed in my last post were distinct different cities that the 1.4-8 detected regularly (when not stuck) and 1.4-9 did not detect them. You folks from Canada are used to WIDE open spaces.. ... All good, bro. But I assure you my observations were about 'cities accuracy' and not townships and counties.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Posts are way too long also.

I could of said all that in a quarter of that post lol
    Fair enough... But you can 'skim' my posts.. Detail is good for some folks..

36. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Skim really they are that long I can't just skim lol I have to scroll for what seems like forever
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013)

Almost 4000 downloads on Cydia
    Besides NewD, and a few others, no issues were brought up by anyone.

The only emails we received were asking for more information to be added.

Things are working as expected.

As for the extra location info, this was put in for a fallback reason if the main city did not show for some. It's not meant to be a go to for the widgets all the time. You don't get different weather because the neighbourhood says a different name than the main city. You just get a neighbourhood name to put in place of the city that the tweak is pulling the info for.

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2013), Dexy88 (09-22-2013), Hip5 (09-18-2013), King_O_Hill (09-18-2013), Krima (09-18-2013), lostinthemes (10-03-2013), nik1975 (09-18-2013), prymeh (09-18-2013), RKO1195 (09-18-2013), TEK_2012 (09-25-2013)

Page 68 of 216 FirstFirst ... 18 586667686970 78 118 168 ... LastLast