Page 57 of 216 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather

  1. #1121
    Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    i use fixed,but yes when i toggle any of the option then the weather updates,thanx for responce
    That will work too.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Heine (09-06-2013), meth357 (09-07-2013), TEK_2012 (09-06-2013), The_Durben (09-06-2013)

  3. #1122
    The trip from Philly to Woodstock NY went great. Nice day. Nice 3 hour drive.

    WW did a great job. When "unstuck" it would literally change city/township info as I'd cross the township line sign itself. It was crazy.. But about 25-35 minutes in (even after any one flick off and on of LocSrvcs) it would get stuck and not change; sometimes not even after a cold reboot.

    But we already know this.

    Can't wait for a fix. When working as designed the accuracy is on the $ for me for weather/location updates.

    This hasn't been said before - but the chance of it "sticking" for me today was greater when only 4G service was available. LTE had longer periods of consistency.

    I also had several occasions where flicking power switch into sleep and out of sleep was enough for an update to occur. Others have reported that too.

    On the trip WW updated 50-60 times with unique info. My myLocation-based City Widget updated half that many times.

    WW rules!

    Ras - you make this geek eager to try Weather Underground's feed. I think you posted the feed to it a few pages back?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  4. #1123
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

    I went from the East of Bermuda, to the middle of Bermuda, then back to the East of Bermuda today. I didn't check my phone as I was driving (I don't really like to cause accidents), well technically riding. My LS showed the weather before I left, while I was at work, then when I got back home. Yippee.

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), blkmini (09-07-2013), EricB78 (09-06-2013), King_O_Hill (09-06-2013), mcooper (09-07-2013), meth357 (09-07-2013), RKO1195 (09-07-2013)

  6. #1124
    I guess they make transparent windshields so weather shows through.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

    The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (09-07-2013), King_O_Hill (09-07-2013)

  8. #1125
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ras - you make this geek eager to try Weather Underground's feed. I think you posted the feed to it a few pages back?
    Try the free Weather Underground App first to see if it is any better then Yahoo BEFORE you get into the code munching.
    What I posted a few pages back in this thread was the Google location name service.
    I posted the Weather Underground response file somewhere, can't remember which thread.
    However you would need a free API key in order to get the feed from Weather Underground.
    There is a very good documentation at their website.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-07-2013), NewdestinyX (09-07-2013), RKO1195 (09-07-2013), The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  10. #1126
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I went from the East of Bermuda, to the middle of Bermuda, then back to the East of Bermuda today. I didn't check my phone as I was driving (I don't really like to cause accidents), well technically riding. My LS showed the weather before I left, while I was at work, then while I got back home. Yippee.
    My wife was driving... of course..

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    I guess they make transparent windshields so weather shows through.
    Not interested in seeing a weather report changing.. but knowing the places I'm traveling through is interesting to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Try the free Weather Underground App first to see if it is any better then Yahoo BEFORE you get into the code munching.
    What I posted a few pages back in this thread was the Google location name service.
    I posted the Weather Underground response file somewhere, can't remember which thread.
    However you would need a free API key in order to get the feed from Weather Underground.
    There is a very good documentation at their website.
    Thanks Ras.. I'll check out both again!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    mcooper (09-07-2013)

  12. #1127
    Default WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly.theme
    Hi all,

    I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend

    Thanks to Ian and Dacal, I am extremely happy!!

    For the last little while, any time I would use my WW mod, I would always miss the cool Accuweather forecast descriptions and the UV Index. Conversely, anytime I would use the "regular UniAW" version, I would miss the hourly forecast!

    Well, now thanks to these amazing individuals, we have the best of both worlds (to quote King).

    Here is the latest "WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly.theme" (credit to Max for the design as always):

    -photo-2.png

    This is good for i4 & i5. LOTS of little changes as usual! I've posted this theme enough that I won't go into ALL of the features it has because I'm sure most of you know by now

    One of my favourites now though is anytime 'City' is blank, it will be replaced with Postal Code. Any time 'Neighborhood' is blank, it will show 'County' information instead. Not sure if this is useful for anyone else but it's amazing for me

    Many thanks again to Ian and Dacal. All of the work you guys do is just EPIC! Can't thank you enough.


    Download Link: WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly.theme.zip

    Enjoy!

    P.S. Links from my last release have been replaced with this one
    P.P.S. When County information appears, it says "County of" but only in English - no translations - sorry
    P.P.P.S Unfortunately no translations for the Accuweather forecast descriptions either - sorry again

  13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), bliken (09-07-2013), Dacal (09-07-2013), Dexy88 (09-10-2013), Fattone66 (09-07-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-07-2013), indyzzzz (09-15-2013), King_O_Hill (09-07-2013), meth357 (09-08-2013), MnM'S (09-07-2013), nik1975 (09-07-2013), RKO1195 (09-07-2013), Simon (09-07-2013), TeddyDiesel (09-07-2013), The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  14. #1128
    That's cool Rasp I didn't know they had a app and its pretty cool has alot of stuff in it. Love the notifications and radio

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (09-07-2013), The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  16. #1129
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    One of my favourites now though is anytime 'City' is blank, it will be replaced with Postal Code. Any time 'Neighborhood' is blank, it will show 'County' information instead. Not sure if this is useful for anyone else but it's amazing for me

    P.P.S. When County information appears, it says "County of" but only in English - no translations - sorry
    Nice work, Marty!! Interesting.. I've never had WW not report a City for me. There's always obj.city and obj.name pulled to the XML for me. What WOEID gives you a blank city?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  17. #1130
    The_Durben, do you know what was used to get the nice looking slider and camera icon on this Ezra2_WW_LS.theme in post #1121?

  18. #1131
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBigmOOse View Post
    The_Durben, do you know what was used to get the nice looking slider and camera icon on this Ezra2_WW_LS.theme in post #1121?
    Answered you on Ezra thread man. You need to purchase Ezra2 and run the lock above that theme in winterboard

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), King_O_Hill (09-07-2013), meth357 (09-08-2013), TEK_2012 (09-11-2013)

  20. #1132
    Hi all,

    Link updated

    WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly.theme.zip

    Sorry - if you've already downloaded the mod I just posted, you'll need to download it again. I fixed the moon phase text and the new/full moon information so they both only appear at night - both with on/off switches in config.js

    On another note, I found two things that are not working in the latest posted "UniAW6.4_LS_WW.zip".

    1) The display_moon_info switch in config does not work as it is not set up in the 'UniAW6.js' file.

    2) The hourly forecast icons do not change to the night version when going beyond the sunset hour.

    I'm sure Ian will take care of previous links posted but for now here is a link to "UniAW6.4_LS_WW.theme" with the two issues above fixed

    UniAW6.4_LS_WW.theme.zip

    Thanks again to Ian and Dacal for this masterpiece!

  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (09-07-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-07-2013), King_O_Hill (09-07-2013), mcooper (09-07-2013), RKO1195 (09-07-2013), Simon (09-07-2013), The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  22. #1133
    Ok thank you sorry for the misunderstanding.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ImBigmOOse For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  24. #1134
    Just found this mod and I'm loving it!! I'm using dacals weather mod and I was wondering if there is a way to have the uniaw animations start instead of having to toggle it with the touch option. I tried searching the config files but couldn't find it.

    Thanks

  25. #1135
    Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    Just found this mod and I'm loving it!! I'm using dacals weather mod and I was wondering if there is a way to have the uniaw animations start instead of having to toggle it with the touch option. I tried searching the config files but couldn't find it.

    Thanks
    Which lockscreen? As far as I remember all Dacals have animation running unless you set it to false in the Config

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (09-07-2013), tellytel (09-07-2013)

  27. #1136
    My bad its rko1195s widget. It's a toggle option on his. Which config is the option to switch it??

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to tellytel For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (09-07-2013)

  29. #1137
    Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    My bad its rko1195s widget. It's a toggle option on his. Which config is the option to switch it??
    I too REALLY love RKO's LS but would prefer to have animations on all the time rather than toggled as a touch layer. Wonder if that's possible, RKO.. Pretty please?!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (09-07-2013), TeddyDiesel (09-07-2013), tellytel (09-07-2013)

  31. #1138
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Nice work, Marty!! Interesting.. I've never had WW not report a City for me. There's always obj.city and obj.name pulled to the XML for me. What WOEID gives you a blank city?
    Thanks Grant!
    You know, I've never actually checked the WOEID but now you have me curious. I will be sure to check next time I'm not the road.

    I travel a lot through "cottage country", small town Ontario. Sometimes city is blank and sometimes neighbourhood is blank. But 99% of the time, I get at least one of them. That's why my mod always includes both . Just lately while travelling I've noticed one or two places both are actually blank! Strange I know but these are REALLY small towns.

    So by using county and postal code as alternates, my screen always shows 'something' in both the city and neighbourhood spots

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), RKO1195 (09-07-2013), The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  33. #1139
    Yes I just replyed to you Telly and Grant if you want it to run all the time look in LockBackground html and at bottom look for this

    div id="AnimContainer" class="animationWOff"


    change the "Off" to "On" and then it will run all the time and you can just touch it to turn off.

    ops...
    Last edited by RKO1195; 09-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.

  34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (09-07-2013), King_O_Hill (09-07-2013), Marty McFly (09-07-2013), mcooper (09-07-2013), NewdestinyX (09-07-2013), tellytel (09-07-2013), The_Durben (09-07-2013)

  35. #1140
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Thanks Grant!
    You know, I've never actually checked the WOEID but now you have me curious. I will be sure to check next time I'm not the road.

    I travel a lot through "cottage country", small town Ontario. Sometimes city is blank and sometimes neighbourhood is blank. But 99% of the time, I get at least one of them. That's why my mod always includes both . Just lately while travelling I've noticed one or two places both are actually blank! Strange I know but these are REALLY small towns.

    So by using county and postal code as alternates, my screen always shows 'something' in both the city and neighbourhood spots
    Thanks, Marty. I want to start refining my "auto-detect" location code (that analyzes what's in what field in the XML) to be helpful to people outside the US too. So Canada's "milk cottage" towns is a good place to start next. If you could pull over the next time you only get postal code showing for city.. And do a screenshot of your widget AND go into iFile and copy ( rename ) the widgetweather.xml file so I can see what's in it. That will help me.

    I want to eventually create a simple extra .js file that people can add to other WW widgets and relate in the HTML to add this auto-detect feature. But I need to refine it and account for more cases. Canada's a good place to go next.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (09-07-2013), RKO1195 (09-07-2013)

Page 57 of 216 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •