+ Reply
Page 55 of 206 FirstFirst ... 5 455354555657 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Splatty79 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2016%2037.png Thanks mate Hey bud you don't have the two switches on in settings that's why it's not showing turn them on
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    Hey bud you don't have the two switches on in settings that's why it's not showing turn them on

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,013 Times in 3,871 Posts

It's happened to me quite a lot, even though the extra switches are on the app doesn't get the extra info, I'm not sure how to fix it but I usually have to toggle the switches off and back on + sometimes go to Manual mode, open the weather app to update the xml, re-spring etc.. basically just play with the settings till the xml shows the extra info.

I am wondering if there is any news on the update, is Stephen aware of all our issues guys?

Thanks.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-04-2013), Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,808 Times in 4,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Yea grant I got it
    Cool! You da man!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I see it now.. What does that field control?
    Without seeing the code and not being involved with this I am not completely sure why this switch is here, I believe it has to be on to get extra info like humidity neighborhood etc... but why it was decided to add a switch for this info's I don't know, why not take these switches out and just get all the info all the time? Users/modders can easily hide stuff via css/config files.

It's possible these switches are causing problems somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous tweak but sometimes I feel it's a bit over thought (extra details switch + modes switch). Simplicity is the key for me for this app.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 09-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), Marty McFly (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-03-2013), Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

here's mine from the .xml if it helps...

<settings> <interval>10</interval>
    <timehour>24h</timehour>
    <tempunit>c</tempunit>
    <extralog>1</extralog>
    <autogpsupdate>gps</autogpsupdate>
    <manualwoied></manualwoied>
    <extraweather>1</extraweather>
    <extralocation>1</extralocation>
    <service>YES</service>
    </settings></xml>

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    It's happened to me quite a lot, even though the extra switches are on the app doesn't get the extra info, I'm not sure how to fix it but I usually have to toggle the switches off and back on + sometimes go to Manual mode, open the weather app to update the xml, re-spring etc.. basically just play with the settings till the xml shows the extra info.

I am wondering if there is any news on the update, is Stephen aware of all our issues guys?

Thanks.
    Very glad you're experiencing what I am. I don't like to complain. But to be so close to it being a masterpiece and still to have these issues. I'm pretty sure King & Durben are giving a steady stream of data to Stephen. It's just that Stephen has so little time for this per what I hear. That's why it took months to release. I'm hoping for reliability and consistency soon.

Thanks

Very glad you're experiencing what I am. I don't like to complain. But to be so close to it being a masterpiece and still to have these issues. I'm pretty sure King & Durben are giving a steady stream of data to Stephen. It's just that Stephen has so little time for this per what I hear. That's why it took months to release. I'm hoping for reliability and consistency soon.
    Ok, I understand this, and although I have used it a few times myself, the "no time" excuse is just that... an excuse, the last month I have been working up to 15hrs a day 6 days a week, so I say I have no time, but somehow we do find the time if we really want to do something.

Is it possible to get the raw Xcode files so we can look ourselves? Maybe we can help Stephen out a little more.
    Patients has never been a strong point with me LOL... Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound harsh, but hurry up LOL...
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 09-03-2013 at 09:50 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), NewdestinyX (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

Thanks

Ok, I understand this, and although I have used it a few times myself, the "no time" excuse is just that... an excuse, the last month I have been working up to 15hrs a day 6 days a week, so I say I have no time, but somehow we do get the time if we really want to do something.

Is it possible to get the raw Xcode files so we can look ourselves? Maybe we can help Stephen out a little more.
    Patients has never been a strong point with me LOL... Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound harsh, but hurry up LOL...
    You can say things that I can't.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,611 Times in 2,394 Posts

Yes he can.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Thanks

But I shouldn't cause I'm a nice guy really

Gotta go catch a boat now... later.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), Krima (09-03-2013), Marty McFly (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,966 Times in 6,194 Posts

Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous tweak but sometimes I feel it's a bit over thought (extra details switch + modes switch). Simplicity is the key for me for this app.
    But that's what I do best is to over think things!

We are also looking ahead to iOS 7, as a lot of the "extra" info, becomes direct info based on what we've seen in the stock weather app.

Stephen is actually out of town right now too!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (09-04-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

Thanks

Ok, I understand this, and although I have used it a few times myself, the "no time" excuse is just that... an excuse, the last month I have been working up to 15hrs a day 6 days a week, so I say I have no time, but somehow we do find the time if we really want to do something.
    Ian, have you noticed whether or not it's the main data or additional info that tend to lag for you? In UniAW, alone, you use both main & additional info and can test what I just asked.. For me it's main city/info that tends to lag and the additional info seems to update quicker.. But then there are times when both lag.

And when I set it to Fixed and enter some WOEIDs like for Paris France, I recently tested, the Additional Location info never updates -not after resprings, not after toggling things in WW's settings..

The damnedest thing is - when the tweak is working perfectly it's an accuracy machine. For example - My property sits right on the line between 2 townships. I can literally walk from my front yard to my back yard and have my City AltLoc iWidget change its Line 2 from the one township name to the other. It's amazing!!

There's a road my wife and I travel to one restaurant we frequent that traverses several city/township changes. WW, three nights ago in Constant Mode coming home from that restaurant, switched 4 times on a 3 mile ride home tracking every change accurately.
    Philadelphia
    Parkside (section)
    to:
    Lafayette Hill
    Whitemarsh Township
    to:
    Erdenheim
    Springfield Township
    to:
    Flourtown
    Whitemarsh Township

Our route home moves thru the borders of all those distinct locations in the space of three miles from the restaurant home.

I simply had my phone open the whole time. The iWidget just kept updating. So I know its potential well - and can't wait until all the bugs are worked out. I did read Durben to say that Stephen is working on changing the main GPS subroutine for localization to something else. He wasn't specific. I do know there were some auto-updating issues prior to release that held up a couple of early potential releases. I remember reading King and Durben mentioning that. And they HAVE called this a 'beta' version. So fair enough - that it's not perfect yet. I think maybe the 'press' about this new tweak was so exciting that modders couldn't wait to convert widgets immediately. Maybe we should have 'waited a little'. I can't imagine what King and Durben's PM boxes must be like..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,738 Times in 752 Posts

hello all, I have a problem because I'm trying to install this tweak, but the location mobil / documents can not find the xml file. any ideas?

Thanks

What you mean? Did you reboot and follow the directions on first post. Did you open the weather app and let it update and have your settings on in the settings app

It will be at bottom of your Documents folder but you need to do the stuff so it makes it
    Last edited by RKO1195; 09-04-2013 at 08:01 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,738 Times in 752 Posts

bro if you did all the steps, opened the application and the settings are ok, but the search for ifile xml file it does not appear, only the file name appears weather.log

Thanks

Hmm.. Constant Mode isn't working at ALL for me today.. No matter what hoops I jump through. Is anyone else having this issue today specifically worse than other days?

In a weird way - I wonder if any aspect of the way the tweak works in getting info, is detectable by Apple or Yahoo - such that they would 'limit' the amount of hits to the feed. Just grasping at straws here.. Brian or Derrick will quickly set me straight - if that idea is pure nonsense.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,966 Times in 6,194 Posts

Hmm.. Constant Mode isn't working at ALL for me today.. No matter what hoops I jump through. Is anyone else having this issue today specifically worse than other days?

In a weird way - I wonder if any aspect of the way the tweak works in getting info, is detectable by Apple or Yahoo - such that they would 'limit' the amount of hits to the feed. Just grasping at straws here.. Brian or Derrick will quickly set me straight - if that idea is pure nonsense.
    That would mean that Apple is throttling their own app with Yahoo's help. It's possible, but I'm a little doubtful. I don't think that this tweak is putting that much of a strain on the feed.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-04-2013), TEK_2012 (09-05-2013)

Thanks

Mine is working ok today but I never move mine from constant it stays on it but have you tried deleting the tweak and the xml files and reinstalling it? Just a thought and I can't see apple messing with the weather app there would be no difference in the use of it for them to even know.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is functioning fine as well.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Mine is working ok today but I never move mine from constant it stays on it but have you tried deleting the tweak and the xml files and reinstalling it? Just a thought and I can't see apple messing with the weather app there would be no difference in the use of it for them to even know.
    I will try a reinstall.. using Modify in Cydia from King's repo.. Is that a reliable 'reinstall' process? Or do I need to delete and reinstall altogether?

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That would mean that Apple is throttling their own app with Yahoo's help. It's possible, but I'm a little doubtful.
    It would only be a throttle on MAC address by MAC address basis - which Apple can easily track - not a global throttle. If there's anyone asking A LOT from this feed - it's me in my testing and with travel itinerary with it always set to constant. We already know Yahoo throttles on some of their free feeds. We discovered that a couple of months ago when trying a new feed.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-04-2013 at 11:28 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM