+ Reply
Page 54 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3989

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill Go into settings -> notifications Look for Weather Widget not Widget Weather and turn on so that when you pull down NC, you get your weather.
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,448 Times in 4,291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Go into settings -> notifications
    Look for Weather Widget not Widget Weather and turn on so that when you pull down NC, you get your weather.
    Oh.. yes. I have that one at the top of my Notifications all the time. But that's not what was being asked for. We were asking for Weather Widgets's settings screen to be available so you could change between Constant, Semi, Manual and Fixed. That window..
    This is what Jesus asked for:
    A notification center widget to switch the location update settings of WidgetWeather. I seem to have a significant battery drain when in constant even when I stay in one place, in manual I'm fine.
    Thanks though..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,338 Times in 5,981 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus™ View Post
    I have an idea that is far beyond my skill set, so I figured I'd run it by everyone here. A notification center widget to switch the location update settings of WidgetWeather. I seem to have a significant battery drain when in constant even when I stay in one place, in manual I'm fine. The switch would be an easy way to resolve this. Of course I understand WidgetWeather is still in beta and I hope this is known/fixable. Don't know if anyone is willing to take on the task, but it would be appreciated, probably by a lot of us.
    Ok, after reading this about 10 times it looks like you want a toggle in NC to be able to set the different options for Location Update.

I originally thought that you were looking for an easy way to force an update while in Manual.

I will ask the dev about this.

Sorry guys, I'm a little out of sorts today for some reason.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Hip5 (09-17-2013), meth357 (11-03-2013), NewdestinyX (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), Simon (09-03-2013), TEK_2012 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ok, after reading this about 10 times it looks like you want a toggle in NC to be able to set the different options for Location Update.

I originally thought that you were looking for an easy way to force an update while in Manual.

I will ask the dev about this.

Sorry guys, I'm a little out of sorts today for some reason.
    All good, bro..

For what it's worth - I experience no additional battery drain on my iPh5 with constant on. But I do, when I'm indoors have BatteryDoctorPro switch off my Location Services. That may be Jesus' issue. Constant Mode does require Location Services be on and in my testing a year ago I did find I could get battery savings by turning Location services off for everything but a couple of things. MANY apps ask you to turn it on - like Starbucks. What the hell does Starbucks want with my Location??? !! So I only leave a few things on in that window..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Edit

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Starbucks uses location services to find the nearest store to your location.

As for the NC toggles for options, could be a nice idea but I don't see how it's a problem to go to settings app and just change it. It's not like you need to change your setting every minute.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

TEK_2012 (09-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

As for the NC toggles for options, could be a nice idea but I don't see how it's a problem to go to settings app and just change it. It's not like you need to change your setting every minute.
    Well except in this season we're in of Constant Mode not updating for quite a few of us using Constant. I am going into that screen several times a day. Takes several keystrokes. But that will all eventually be solved.. (we hope )

I agree the settings window would not regularly need to be accessed on a daily basis.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

I agree the settings window would not regularly need to be accessed on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

I work in a new city everyday, I use manual while at home and around town, and constant during the day at work. Just an idea after all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    I agree the settings window would not regularly need to be accessed on a daily basis.
    I work in a new city everyday, I use manual while at home and around town, and constant during the day at work. Just an idea after all.
    Thats my work life too, Jesus.. But to save on battery all you need to do is download a tweak called NC Settings. Then leave Widget Weather set to constant. When you arrive to your work site or back home - Constant Mode will find that location within a minute or less. The moment you see your widgets showing the correct city.. Open the notification center by swiping top to bottom from your home page. Look for the Location Services toggle in there.. And click it off. Then you'll get the battery savings. Also make sure the update interval of WW is set to no less than 10min. That will accomplish all you need - I think. I am in different city each day too. So I understand.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Jesus™ (09-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am sorry to be that guy, but I am going to ask a question that has probably been explained. The reason I am asking this and not reading through all 54 pages is because I can not stand all the arguing between newdestiney and the rest of the lobby. After 15 pages of it I am about done.

I am having trouble getting the XML file to appear. I tried the recommended steps of removing ******* and ios6 weather fix. I have rebooted with no like. Any advice yet?

Again, I am sorry to ask, the bickering just to bicker is crazy.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 399 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdogg32 View Post
    I am sorry to be that guy, but I am going to ask a question that has probably been explained. The reason I am asking this and not reading through all 54 pages is because I can not stand all the arguing between newdestiney and the rest of the lobby. After 15 pages of it I am about done.

I am having trouble getting the XML file to appear. I tried the recommended steps of removing ******* and ios6 weather fix. I have rebooted with no like. Any advice yet?

Haha yes the bickering get's quite incessant. Fiddle with the Widget Weather settings to force an update and check you don't have any conflicts - I think Forecast was one of them.

Doubt this is the problem but double check write permissions to your documents directory

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdogg32 View Post

You are likely not going to be able to use the tweak.
    Most with app sync and weather app fix haven't been able to use the tweak even after removing them.

Unfortunately there's no suggestion we have for you.
    You can full reboot after removing them and then install the tweak. If you don't get an xml file you can try again but there's not much else you can do.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Hip5 (09-17-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), meth357 (11-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), TEK_2012 (09-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks so much for the quick answers. Looks awesome! Great work guys. I am jealous.

Is iLex Rat an option for me? If so, do you know what choice to select in mobile terminal? Do I have to do a full restore?

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by Jdogg32; 09-03-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks

In the most recent version of that tweak there's an icon on Springboard that has the options right in it.
    You would choose iLex Restore.

Make sure you back up themes, SBS themes, ect as they will be removed.
    All Cydia tweaks and packages removed, settings and content will go back to stock but you have activation and your Jailbreak still.

If you restore from backup after you can likely have content left over from before running that might conflict still.

Big process to do this. Make sure you are ready for it.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Dexy88 (09-05-2013), Marty McFly (09-03-2013), mcooper (09-03-2013), TEK_2012 (09-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi guys, amazing tweak, loving how accurate it is.

One quick question on RKO1195's mod I only get my city name (Melbourne, Australia) and would like the neighborhood to display instead. I have tried the extra Weather details "Neighbourhood location" switch but that doesn't help either.

Using Dacal's Yahoo mod or any others my location is my neighborhood but not RKO1195's. Can I change something in the .js or .css files?

Thanks for your help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post

One quick question on RKO1195's mod I only get my city name (Melbourne, Australia) and would like the neighborhood to display instead. I have tried the extra Weather details "Neighbourhood location" switch but that doesn't help either.

Using Dacal's Yahoo mod or any others my location is my neighborhood but not RKO1195's. Can I change something in the .js or .css files?

Thanks for your help
    Can you post your XML file? I need to see a couple of fields.. And tell me what the name of your neighborhood is.

Here's a line that worries me;
    obj.extralocation = $(this).find('extralocation').text();

There isn't a field in the XML called "extralocation".. You have fields that look like - extraLoc.........

Post your XML here.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post

Thanks for your help

I replyed to you pm Check it
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,384 Times in 3,760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Can you post your XML file? I need to see a couple of fields.. And tell me what the name of your neighborhood is.

Here's a line that worries me;
    obj.extralocation = $(this).find('extralocation').text();

There isn't a field in the XML called "extralocation".. You have fields that look like - extraLoc.........

Post your XML here.
    Now you are gonna confuse people again! this is in regards to the switch in the settings. "1" just means the switch in the settings is on.

<settings> <interval>15</interval>
    <timehour>12h</timehour>
    <tempunit>c</tempunit>
    <extralog>1</extralog>
    <autogpsupdate>semi</autogpsupdate>
    <manualwoied></manualwoied>
    <extraweather>1</extraweather>
    <extralocation>1</extralocation>
    <service>YES</service>
    </settings></xml>

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), Splatty79 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Now you are gonna confuse people again! this is in regards to the switch in the settings.

<settings> <interval>15</interval>
    <timehour>12h</timehour>
    <tempunit>c</tempunit>
    <extralog>1</extralog>
    <autogpsupdate>semi</autogpsupdate>
    <manualwoied></manualwoied>
    <extraweather>1</extraweather>
    <extralocation>1</extralocation>
    <service>YES</service>
    </settings></xml>
    I see it now.. What does that field control?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,709 Posts

Yea grant I got it
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

32. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Yea grant I got it