Page 54 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Thanks
    Thanked 21,519 Times in 4,314 Posts

But I shouldn't cause I'm a nice guy really

Gotta go catch a boat now... later.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-04-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), Krima (09-03-2013), Marty McFly (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous tweak but sometimes I feel it's a bit over thought (extra details switch + modes switch). Simplicity is the key for me for this app.
    But that's what I do best is to over think things!

We are also looking ahead to iOS 7, as a lot of the "extra" info, becomes direct info based on what we've seen in the stock weather app.

Stephen is actually out of town right now too!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-04-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (09-04-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Ok, I understand this, and although I have used it a few times myself, the "no time" excuse is just that... an excuse, the last month I have been working up to 15hrs a day 6 days a week, so I say I have no time, but somehow we do find the time if we really want to do something.
    Ian, have you noticed whether or not it's the main data or additional info that tend to lag for you? In UniAW, alone, you use both main & additional info and can test what I just asked.. For me it's main city/info that tends to lag and the additional info seems to update quicker.. But then there are times when both lag.

And when I set it to Fixed and enter some WOEIDs like for Paris France, I recently tested, the Additional Location info never updates -not after resprings, not after toggling things in WW's settings..

The damnedest thing is - when the tweak is working perfectly it's an accuracy machine. For example - My property sits right on the line between 2 townships. I can literally walk from my front yard to my back yard and have my City AltLoc iWidget change its Line 2 from the one township name to the other. It's amazing!!

There's a road my wife and I travel to one restaurant we frequent that traverses several city/township changes. WW, three nights ago in Constant Mode coming home from that restaurant, switched 4 times on a 3 mile ride home tracking every change accurately.
    Philadelphia
    Parkside (section)
    to:
    Lafayette Hill
    Whitemarsh Township
    to:
    Erdenheim
    Springfield Township
    to:
    Flourtown
    Whitemarsh Township

Our route home moves thru the borders of all those distinct locations in the space of three miles from the restaurant home.

I simply had my phone open the whole time. The iWidget just kept updating. So I know its potential well - and can't wait until all the bugs are worked out. I did read Durben to say that Stephen is working on changing the main GPS subroutine for localization to something else. He wasn't specific. I do know there were some auto-updating issues prior to release that held up a couple of early potential releases. I remember reading King and Durben mentioning that. And they HAVE called this a 'beta' version. So fair enough - that it's not perfect yet. I think maybe the 'press' about this new tweak was so exciting that modders couldn't wait to convert widgets immediately. Maybe we should have 'waited a little'. I can't imagine what King and Durben's PM boxes must be like..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

hello all, I have a problem because I'm trying to install this tweak, but the location mobil / documents can not find the xml file. any ideas?

What you mean? Did you reboot and follow the directions on first post. Did you open the weather app and let it update and have your settings on in the settings app

It will be at bottom of your Documents folder but you need to do the stuff so it makes it
    Last edited by RKO1195; 09-04-2013 at 09:01 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (09-04-2013)

bro if you did all the steps, opened the application and the settings are ok, but the search for ifile xml file it does not appear, only the file name appears weather.log

Hmm.. Constant Mode isn't working at ALL for me today.. No matter what hoops I jump through. Is anyone else having this issue today specifically worse than other days?

In a weird way - I wonder if any aspect of the way the tweak works in getting info, is detectable by Apple or Yahoo - such that they would 'limit' the amount of hits to the feed. Just grasping at straws here.. Brian or Derrick will quickly set me straight - if that idea is pure nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hmm.. Constant Mode isn't working at ALL for me today.. No matter what hoops I jump through. Is anyone else having this issue today specifically worse than other days?

In a weird way - I wonder if any aspect of the way the tweak works in getting info, is detectable by Apple or Yahoo - such that they would 'limit' the amount of hits to the feed. Just grasping at straws here.. Brian or Derrick will quickly set me straight - if that idea is pure nonsense.
    That would mean that Apple is throttling their own app with Yahoo's help. It's possible, but I'm a little doubtful. I don't think that this tweak is putting that much of a strain on the feed.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-04-2013), TEK_2012 (09-05-2013)

Mine is working ok today but I never move mine from constant it stays on it but have you tried deleting the tweak and the xml files and reinstalling it? Just a thought and I can't see apple messing with the weather app there would be no difference in the use of it for them to even know.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013)

Mine is functioning fine as well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Mine is working ok today but I never move mine from constant it stays on it but have you tried deleting the tweak and the xml files and reinstalling it? Just a thought and I can't see apple messing with the weather app there would be no difference in the use of it for them to even know.
    I will try a reinstall.. using Modify in Cydia from King's repo.. Is that a reliable 'reinstall' process? Or do I need to delete and reinstall altogether?

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That would mean that Apple is throttling their own app with Yahoo's help. It's possible, but I'm a little doubtful.
    It would only be a throttle on MAC address by MAC address basis - which Apple can easily track - not a global throttle. If there's anyone asking A LOT from this feed - it's me in my testing and with travel itinerary with it always set to constant. We already know Yahoo throttles on some of their free feeds. We discovered that a couple of months ago when trying a new feed.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Morning guys

As King mentioned, the extra info is on a seperate toggle because that info will eventually be a part of the weather app itself in iOS 7.

Stephen is aware of the issues. I also don't want to air out his personal business so ill just say that unexpected things happen in life that people have to deal with. And he and his wife were on a trip. So being busy was not an excuse at all.

Yes, I mentioned he is rewriting the location piece. That will come. So Grant continually posting the same issue with your town, neighbourhood, county ect is becoming extremely repetitive. Also if you want to wait a little to convert widgets, feel free. Personally I'm not bothered by minor bugs at this point. I only show the main city on mine and aside from a periodic delay in a location change it works. Doesn't mean it won't get better down the road but I'm easy going so right now I'm pretty pleased and will just wait to see what the next update brings.

Ian what xcode files did you want? We will ask Stephen for them.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-04-2013), Dexy88 (09-05-2013), ferlop15 (09-04-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (09-04-2013), Heine (09-04-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), Krima (09-04-2013), mcooper (09-04-2013), meth357 (11-03-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-04-2013), TEK_2012 (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    That will come. So Grant continually posting the same issue with your town, neighbourhood, county ect is becoming extremely repetitive. Also if you want to wait a little to convert widgets, feel free.
    Not clear why you'd single me out there. I've only been attempting to share, in this beta period, various scenarios presenting themselves (between main and extraLoc info) in the hope that the reports might provide some insight into a fix. If you're saying that the 'feedback' period for functionality is now closed - I can roll with that, D. Just say the word. I do indeed understand that point in a test period where you've gotten all the 'vital' info you need to make the next steps.

And I'm thrilled to hear that 'all the data' with regard to location will be unified in one feed in iOS7. That will be amazing. Now all we have to do is wait for February for a jailbreak.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-04-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Not clear why you'd single me out there. I've only been attempting to share, in this beta period, various scenarios presenting themselves (between main and extraLoc info) in the hope that the reports might provide some insight into a fix. If you're saying that the 'feedback' period for functionality is now closed - I can roll with that, D. Just say the word.
    Hey!!!....What did I do?.....Lol

I singled you out because of the repetitive posts on updating.
    I already told you the location side is being rewritten. Anything further you say regarding the current updating issues is not new news. We have already heard this about the extra location info.

There is no point beating a dead horse. The way it works is going to change. Until it does, the issue that affects you and others is still going to be the same. And it won't be looked at unless its an issue with the new rewrite.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-04-2013), Dexy88 (09-05-2013), EricB78 (09-04-2013), ferlop15 (09-04-2013), Ian Nicoll (09-05-2013), Krima (09-04-2013), NewdestinyX (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-05-2013), TEK_2012 (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I singled you out because of the repetitive posts on updating.
    I already told you the location side is being rewritten. Anything further you say regarding the current updating issues is not new news. We have already heard this about the extra location info.

There is no point beating a dead horse. The way it works is going to change. Until it does, the issue that affects you and others is still going to be the same. And it won't be looked at unless its an issue with the new rewrite.
    Okay. We're in a holding pattern for a fix. Got it. Just thought that 'how', and under WHAT circumstances it was getting held up - might be of interest to Stephen in the development of a new way to get the data. You are saying - it will not. No prob. Reports over until new rewrite done.

It will get sorted NewD.

I'm loving all the ports to widget weather.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), RKO1195 (09-04-2013), The_Durben (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It will get sorted NewD.

I'm loving all the ports to widget weather.
    Yeah BABY!! This XML file database has also really opened me up to a whole new level of js coding. The JSON calls were more Greek to me.. But "obj.xxxxxx = $(this).find..." makes more sense to me..

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-04-2013)

Okay. We're in a holding pattern for a fix. Got it. Just thought that 'how', and under WHAT circumstances it was getting held up - might be of interest to Stephen in the development of a new way to get the data. You are saying - it will not. No prob. Reports over until new rewrite done.
    Not saying it will not. Saying that doing it differently is not likely going to have the same issues some are experiencing currently. We will know when we use it. If there's issues, same or otherwise, they will get looked at after.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Heine (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-04-2013), TEK_2012 (09-05-2013)

You know, I just can't help to chime in.....But this is exactly why I hate to come across some of your posts. Durben was clear enough in his explanation and there's never doubt in what he says....If he isn't 100% sure, then he'll state this too.....But you have a knack for twisting people's words to suit your needs(ego) I don't know; and trying to make the other guy seem like he's contradictory or untruthful in his statements....

P.S. you're doing the same thing in UniAw thread now,

Stop putting words in people's mouths.[insert peace sign here_]
    Last edited by ferlop15; 09-04-2013 at 06:47 PM.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (09-04-2013), Heine (09-05-2013), Krima (09-04-2013), Simon (09-04-2013)

Page 54 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 64 104 154 ... LastLast