Page 52 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Thanks
    Thanked 21,543 Times in 4,317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Damm bud that's a awesome bike love bikes! It looks like it would be tough in city's lol man that power makes you feel like a kid again... It does me
    Yeah M8, I just got a small XR200 at home (that's it in photo below), really great fun but not enough power (it's never enough power LOL).

Better get back on topic before I get some stick LOL...

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (108.9 KB, 655 views)

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-17-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), TeddyDiesel (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Had this beast for a weekend when I was in California a few years ago, drove it to Las Vegas, good on straight roads but horribly in towns, I could hardly steer it in sharp corners LOL.. I do love power though, and this thing had highly tuned 1300cc of it!

OK, back on topic I guess LOL..
    That's a sweet ride!

Most just don't realize how difficult some of those custom bikes can be to drive locally. But I agree, on the hiway, they are a dream.

Was that a true rigid frame? They can be rough on the back. I can't do a rigid anymore, too old!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (09-03-2013)

I have an idea that is far beyond my skill set, so I figured I'd run it by everyone here. A notification center widget to switch the location update settings of WidgetWeather. I seem to have a significant battery drain when in constant even when I stay in one place, in manual I'm fine. The switch would be an easy way to resolve this. Of course I understand WidgetWeather is still in beta and I hope this is known/fixable. Don't know if anyone is willing to take on the task, but it would be appreciated, probably by a lot of us.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,543 Times in 4,317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That's a sweet ride!

Most just don't realize how difficult some of those custom bikes can be to drive locally. But I agree, on the hiway, they are a dream.

Was that a true rigid frame? They can be rough on the back. I can't do a rigid anymore, too old!
    Yes.. rigid frame.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 09-03-2013 at 09:23 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus™ View Post
    I have an idea that is far beyond my skill set, so I figured I'd run it by everyone here. A notification center widget to switch the location update settings of WidgetWeather. I seem to have a significant battery drain when in constant even when I stay in one place, in manual I'm fine. The switch would be an easy way to resolve this. Of course I understand WidgetWeather is still in beta and I hope this is known/fixable. Don't know if anyone is willing to take on the task, but it would be appreciated, probably by a lot of us.
    I tried using an Activator gesture to open WW quickly - but for some reason it just brings up a screen that says "Welcome to Widget Weather" but then stays on that screen and never opens the controls screen. Hmm.. I wonder what that's about?

An Activator gesture wound essentially do what you're asking. But Activator and WW don't seem to work well together.

Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I tried using an Activator gesture to open WW quickly - but for some reason it just brings up a screen that says "Welcome to Widget Weather" but then stays on that screen and never opens the controls screen. Hmm.. I wonder what that's about?

An Activator gesture wound essentially do what you're asking. But Activator and WW don't seem to work well together.

I don't really know, but wouldn't a simple NC toggle be easier on the developers involved?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Do you have "Weather Widget" turned on in notification center, as this will do exactly that. Then when you set WW to manual, just pull down NC and allow the weather to update.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-03-2013)

Do you have "Weather Widget" turned on in notification center, as this will do exactly that. Then when you set WW to manual, just pull down NC and allow the weather to update.
    Oooo. Good to know.. I didn't know you guys had implemented NC functionality!! GREAT!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where can we turn it on? There is nothing in my widget weather settings and neither in notifications center settings.
    Thanks.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayaz_ For This Useful Post:

Hmm.. Just checked - but Widget Weather isn't listed as something turn-on-able in the Notifications System window.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Go into settings -> notifications
    Look for Weather Widget not Widget Weather and turn on so that when you pull down NC, you get your weather.

Last edited by King_O_Hill; 09-03-2013 at 11:34 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (09-03-2013)

Go into settings -> notifications
    Look for Weather Widget not Widget Weather and turn on so that when you pull down NC, you get your weather.
    Oh.. yes. I have that one at the top of my Notifications all the time. But that's not what was being asked for. We were asking for Weather Widgets's settings screen to be available so you could change between Constant, Semi, Manual and Fixed. That window..
    This is what Jesus asked for:
    A notification center widget to switch the location update settings of WidgetWeather. I seem to have a significant battery drain when in constant even when I stay in one place, in manual I'm fine.
    Thanks though..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-03-2013 at 11:46 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ok, after reading this about 10 times it looks like you want a toggle in NC to be able to set the different options for Location Update.

I originally thought that you were looking for an easy way to force an update while in Manual.

I will ask the dev about this.

Sorry guys, I'm a little out of sorts today for some reason.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-03-2013), Hip5 (09-17-2013), meth357 (11-03-2013), NewdestinyX (09-03-2013), RKO1195 (09-03-2013), Simon (09-03-2013), TEK_2012 (09-03-2013), The_Durben (09-03-2013)

Ok, after reading this about 10 times it looks like you want a toggle in NC to be able to set the different options for Location Update.

I originally thought that you were looking for an easy way to force an update while in Manual.

I will ask the dev about this.

Sorry guys, I'm a little out of sorts today for some reason.
    All good, bro..

For what it's worth - I experience no additional battery drain on my iPh5 with constant on. But I do, when I'm indoors have BatteryDoctorPro switch off my Location Services. That may be Jesus' issue. Constant Mode does require Location Services be on and in my testing a year ago I did find I could get battery savings by turning Location services off for everything but a couple of things. MANY apps ask you to turn it on - like Starbucks. What the hell does Starbucks want with my Location??? !! So I only leave a few things on in that window..

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-03-2013)

Starbucks uses location services to find the nearest store to your location.

As for the NC toggles for options, could be a nice idea but I don't see how it's a problem to go to settings app and just change it. It's not like you need to change your setting every minute.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

TEK_2012 (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

As for the NC toggles for options, could be a nice idea but I don't see how it's a problem to go to settings app and just change it. It's not like you need to change your setting every minute.
    Well except in this season we're in of Constant Mode not updating for quite a few of us using Constant. I am going into that screen several times a day. Takes several keystrokes. But that will all eventually be solved.. (we hope )

I agree the settings window would not regularly need to be accessed on a daily basis.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

I agree the settings window would not regularly need to be accessed on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

I work in a new city everyday, I use manual while at home and around town, and constant during the day at work. Just an idea after all.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    I agree the settings window would not regularly need to be accessed on a daily basis.
    I work in a new city everyday, I use manual while at home and around town, and constant during the day at work. Just an idea after all.
    Thats my work life too, Jesus.. But to save on battery all you need to do is download a tweak called NC Settings. Then leave Widget Weather set to constant. When you arrive to your work site or back home - Constant Mode will find that location within a minute or less. The moment you see your widgets showing the correct city.. Open the notification center by swiping top to bottom from your home page. Look for the Location Services toggle in there.. And click it off. Then you'll get the battery savings. Also make sure the update interval of WW is set to no less than 10min. That will accomplish all you need - I think. I am in different city each day too. So I understand.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Jesus™ (09-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am sorry to be that guy, but I am going to ask a question that has probably been explained. The reason I am asking this and not reading through all 54 pages is because I can not stand all the arguing between newdestiney and the rest of the lobby. After 15 pages of it I am about done.

I am having trouble getting the XML file to appear. I tried the recommended steps of removing ******* and ios6 weather fix. I have rebooted with no like. Any advice yet?

Again, I am sorry to ask, the bickering just to bicker is crazy.

Page 52 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 152 ... LastLast