Page 39 of 216 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Here is the link to the psd files M8.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7e3i7k6ck...phase_psds.zip

PS, Iv'e had no issues all day today on Manual mode, everything updates every 15 minutes.
    Manual mode doesn't update on a time interval, Ian. You have to open Weather.app or open Notification Center for it to update.
    Semi Mode will update on the time interval. And of course Constant will as well - but it also auto updates on location change even before the update interval.

Interestingly - Manual is the only one that doesn't update on an interval from how I read page 1.. Have I missed something again? Lol!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

i have a prolem i did everything like the guide said and when i open the weather app it just crashes every time
    tried reboot and respring couple of times and tried to do everything again and didnt work
    i also searched for the .xml file and it wasnt there
    please i need help what can i do ???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to udiflpb For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,500 Times in 4,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Manual mode doesn't update on a time interval, Ian. You have to open Weather.app or open Notification Center for it to update.
    Semi Mode will update on the time interval. And of course Constant will as well - but it also auto updates on location change even before the update interval.

Interestingly - Manual is the only one that doesn't update on an interval from how I read page 1.. Have I missed something again? Lol!!
    That's what it reads like in post 1 but it was updating for me all day!

EDIT:

So I just checked my log, I am definitely in Manual mode in the settings menu but my log shows Semi??
    Code:
    24/8/13 9:33:13 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | xml file created
    24/8/13 9:33:28 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | Trying to update
    24/8/13 9:33:29 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | update sync detail: 0
    24/8/13 9:33:29 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | xml file created
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-24-2013 at 09:05 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), The_Durben (08-24-2013)

Yeah. You know - that makes sense... I was thinking there are two levels of UPDATING we need to talk about. "Updating the Weather" and "Updating Location". Even in Fixed mode - you'd want the weather to update all day without touching your phone. I'm sure FIXED mode updates too... updates the 'weather'. I'm guessing you've been in the same location all day? I think ALL four modes update the weather on the specified time interval. It's the location that ONLY updates in MANUAL mode when you open the NC or Weather.app. I think that's the difference, Ian. Derrick or Brian will correct me if I'm wrong.

But you weren't changing location and seeing update in Manual Mode automatically - were you?

I'm more impressed with this tweak's localization subroutines. The weather is still yahoo.. so unimpressive to me.. So all my focus is on the location abilities since I travel for work..

LOL... so Grant LOVES Yahoo now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    He's finally understanding that this isn't like the "native" option from before. It only took several weeks and MANY repeated explanations from just about everyone involved to get that threw to him but YEAH it's finally over.
    Now don't get too crazy! Lol.. I INDEED have realized this is not Native Weather -- BUT --- It's not Yahoo giving the tweak all this great location information (I'm pretty sure). That's compliments of Apple's great GPS implementation I think.. Correct me if I'm wrong, dev team. Yahoo is the "weather reporting information" end of the tweak only.. and Yahoo's still horrible for weather accuracy in small towns near major cities. Still only get Fair, Partly Cloudy and Mostly Cloudy for my hometown all day every day - even when it's torrentially raining outside.. LOL!! So I use the best of both worlds... I use Widget Weather for LOCALIZATION - driving my 'City/Township iWidget I created'. For localization - WW is nothing short of BRILLIANT..

But for weather reporting when traveling locally near my home I still use myLocation-based weather widgets set to the WOEID for Philly to report my weather. It's way more accurate for my small town. Whatever Yahoo reports for Philadelphia is ACTUALLY what's happening outside for my small town near Philly. So - no - Yahoo still SUCKS (to me) for reporting weather for small towns within 15-20 miles of major city - but Widget Weather's tie into the localization subroutines Apple's using in our phones -- is AMAZING!!!!!

For me to get the best weather widget experience (when I'm traveling locally) I need a combo of WW and myLocation. But that's just me. Now when travelling on open road - I use a set up that's ALL WW - because as you travel to medium-larger cities - Yahoo weather reporting does just fine for me.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,500 Times in 4,310 Posts

Ok, did some tests and here is what I find:

I'm using version 1.4-8.

Constant in settings shows full gps in log.
    Semi in settings shows gps in log.
    Manual in settings shows Semi in log.
    Fixed in settings shows manual in log.

@ Grant,

You can download my latest LS version in post 730, page 37, it clearly shows you when the xml file is updated and when the xml file is checked by the widget. It's great for debugging.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-24-2013 at 08:55 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), The_Durben (08-24-2013)

EDIT:

So I just checked my log, I am definitely in Manual mode in the settings menu but my log shows Semi??
    Code:
    24/8/13 9:33:13 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | xml file created
    24/8/13 9:33:28 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | Trying to update
    24/8/13 9:33:29 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | update sync detail: 0
    24/8/13 9:33:29 PM China Standard Time-1.4-8 I:(null) LU:semi W:1887901 | xml file created
    I think that's by design, Ian. The tweak will need to be updating weather all day - even if in Manual. You wouldn't want to have to open your Notification Center to update your weather. The difference between Fixed, Manual and Semi is only in how they update LOCATION (I think). All of them update the WEATHER on the set time interval. Maybe the log just reports the weather check as 'semi'.

Durben? King?

Ok, did some tests and here is what I find:

I'm using version 1.4-8.

Constant in settings shows full gps in log.
    Semi in settings shows gps in log.
    Manual in settings shows Semi in log.
    Fixed in settings shows manual in log.

@ Grant,

You can download my latest LS version in post 730, page 37, it clearly shows you when the xml file is updated and when the xml file is checked by the widget. It's great for debugging.
    Thanks, Ian! Actually I've been using one by Drifter that we've been working on that does the same checks for de-bugging. But let me check out yours too!!!

And that's very interesting how the checks to the xml are labelled seemingly illogically in the log file.. I think Stephen set up one set of terms but King & Durben may have wanted to use terms that were more explanatory of what the tweak was doing for location updating. This is early for Durben in B.C.. He'll be up soon enough and clear it up for us...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-24-2013 at 09:03 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), The_Durben (08-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Have u tried to reboot your phone?
    Yes tried restoring reboot. I don't know what else to try.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vgutierrez96 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vgutierrez96 View Post
    After removing this tweak I still have this. Anyway to remove it?Attachment 646583
    Hi, reset your location and confidentiality services (in Settings/General). The tweak is probably gone, but the location service entry is still here.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), RKO1195 (08-24-2013), TEK_2012 (08-25-2013), The_Durben (08-24-2013), Vgutierrez96 (08-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi, reset your location and confidentiality services (in Settings/General). The tweak is probably gone, but the location service entry is still here.
    That worked thank you.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vgutierrez96 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), Dacal (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marmoul's Avatar
    Thanks

hello to all. For me with description and precipitation for forecasting. And adding a button to refresh. Thank you to the creator
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1377359714.634675.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1377359726.617044.jpg
    iphonejailbreak.fr

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marmoul For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), Dacal (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), Marty McFly (08-24-2013)

edit wrong thread
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 08-24-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

TEK_2012 (08-25-2013)

Here is the link to the psd files M8.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7e3i7k6ck...phase_psds.zip

PS, Iv'e had no issues all day today on Manual mode, everything updates every 15 minutes.
    Awesome thanks Ian!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

Manual -> weather updates for your current city at the set interval. The city will not change unless you open weather app or pull down NC. Then if its a new city everything refreshes and the weather then continues to update that city at the set interval.

EDIT:

Code:
    It's just for localization Ian. Manual will still update current city's weather. Opening of the app only gets the new city if changed. Then updates accordingly from that point and so on.

The different names showing are just from previous naming schemes we had in the tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by udiflpb View Post
    i have a prolem i did everything like the guide said and when i open the weather app it just crashes every time
    tried reboot and respring couple of times and tried to do everything again and didnt work
    i also searched for the .xml file and it wasnt there
    please i need help what can i do ???
    Uninstall in Cydia. Reboot. Then reinstall as per the instructions.
    If no xml creates again, set the tweak settings to manual and open the weather app and respring.

If you have app sync and or the weather fix for iOS 6 you may not be able to get this tweak to work.
    Also you must be on iOS 6.x.x
    Last edited by The_Durben; 08-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Heine (08-24-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), NewdestinyX (08-24-2013), TEK_2012 (08-25-2013)

Grant,

You know, that its not necessary to use MyLocation to get your weather info. If you would rather get your weather from another source the tweak pulls your woeid based on your position. So all you need to do is modify your code to pull the weather from whatever source that you want. That's the beauty of this tweak, no limitations! You can still get your weather from any source that you want!

Enjoy!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), Heine (08-24-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), mentop (08-24-2013), RKO1195 (08-24-2013), The_Durben (08-24-2013)

^ Right

Easy enough to set GPS widgets to false and change the variable for woeid to use the one from Widget Weather in the xml. Could also use the lat/long in the xml (extraLocName) in place of the MyLocation one.
    Just need to rewrite that also in a location.js

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), meth357 (08-25-2013), RKO1195 (08-24-2013), TEK_2012 (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Grant,

You know, that its not necessary to use MyLocation to get your weather info. If you would rather get your weather from another source the tweak pulls your woeid based on your position. So all you need to do is modify your code to pull the weather from whatever source that you want. That's the beauty of this tweak, no limitations! You can still get your weather from any source that you want!

Enjoy!
    Yes! Part of me was wondering that.... But I thought my limitation would be that I need the Tweak set to constant to change from city to city in and around Philly.. I want my 'city/township iwidget' I built to reference the tweak in constant mode... BUT I want UniAW6.4AnimOnly, Independent Elements: temp, weather icon & condition to ONLY reference the WOEID for Philly.. I don't want those 4 widget elements to keep referencing my changing location while in and around Philly. So, though you're right, that I could reference the XML's WOEID - wouldn't it keep changing every little town I'd go through?

I think you're suggesting that I just flip to FIXED mode while in and around Philly. Right? Well, maybe one day this 'fascination' will wear off.. But I like seeing my ACTUAL location changing as I'm moving around Philly -- I just want all the weather data to stay the same AS IF I'd set it to FIXED...

To do what i want to do - I think I need two different localization tweaks... I think....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    ^ Right

Easy enough to set GPS widgets to false and change the variable for woeid to use the one from Widget Weather in the xml. Could also use the lat/long in the xml (extraLocName) in place of the MyLocation one.
    Just need to rewrite that also in a location.js
    Hmm.. Yes.. That's exactly what I'm doing... I guess I'm confusing the matter by saying 'myLocation widgets'.. I'm simply setting 'non-WW widgets' to GPS=false -- which doesn't reference myLocation at all.. Okay.. I think I'm straight now.. I am doing EXACTLY what you just described, D..

'Am I' understanding what you just said? If I have the 'non-WW widgets' set to GPS=false - they will work perfectly WITHOUT myLocation even installed. So I can just basically uninstall myLocation all together.. Right?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-24-2013)

Something like that but not really

I just meant existing GPS/woeid widgets could get the lat/long or the woeid from the xml for Widget Weather
    The js just needs to be written accordingly.

To me this is pointless as I use yahoo anyway. But maybe someone using accuweather like from uniaw could potentially use this to get the location and then the widget would still query accuweather based on that location.

For your second part, MyLocation tweak is only really needed to be installed if you are always leaving Sig.Change on to change location on the fly.
    If you don't do that you don't need that tweak at all. You can keep the myLocation.txt file and still use GPS as it reads that file (just wont auto change location) or using a woeid it's not needed at all.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), meth357 (08-25-2013), RKO1195 (08-24-2013), TEK_2012 (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Something like that but not really

I just meant existing GPS/woeid widgets could get the lat/long or the woeid from the xml for Widget Weather
    The js just needs to be written accordingly.

To me this is pointless as I use yahoo anyway. But maybe someone using accuweather like from uniaw could potentially use this to get the location and then the widget would still query accuweather based on that location.

For your second part, MyLocation tweak is only really needed to be installed if you are always leaving Sig.Change on to change location on the fly.
    If you don't do that you don't need that tweak at all. You can keep the myLocation.txt file and still use GPS as it reads that file (just wont auto change location) or using a woeid it's not needed at all.
    AH YES!! Very clear now, D. Thanks for taking the time to set me straight.. you, too, Brian!!

And of COURSE - you've peaked my interest with the idea of how I could use the new tweak in concert with accuweather..

D, I'm curious for you guys in Canada... about what yields what from the xml's various location..

In America I've pretty much confirmed all these..
    City & City 2 ('name' and 'city' in the xml) = your main US city/town
    City 3 ('extraLocCity' in the xml) = US Township
    Neighborhood (extraLocNeighborhood in the xml) = 80% of the time returns 'null' unless in a big city like Ny, NY where you then get 'borough' like QUEENS/BRONX or in Philly the 'section' of the City like MANAYUNK/EAST FALLS,etc)
    County ('extraLocCounty' in the xml) = US County
    State ('extraLocState' in the xml) = US State
    I've checked about50-60 WOEID's to confirm this and they come up the same..

Can you give me what you get in British Colombia for an area near you?
    In Canada, generally:
    City ('name' in the xml) =
    City 2 ('city' in the xml) =
    City 3 ('extraLocCity' in the xml) =
    Neighborhood (extraLocNeighborhood in the xml) =
    County ('extraLocCounty' in the xml) =
    State ('extraLocState' in the xml) =
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-24-2013 at 03:16 PM.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), The_Durben (08-24-2013)

<name>New Westminster</name>
    <city>New Westminster</city>
    <locationid>CAXX0318</locationid>
    <woeid>24428590</woeid>
    <state>British Columbia</state>
    <extraLocName>49.185108, -122.947450</extraLocName>
    <extraLocNeighborhood>Queensborough</extraLocNeighborhood>
    <extraLocCity>New Westminster</extraLocCity>
    <extraLocCounty>Greater Vancouver</extraLocCounty>
    <extraLocState>British Columbia</extraLocState>
    <extraLocCountry>Canada</extraLocCountry>

My "name" "city" and "extraLocCity" are almost always the same.
    There's a few areas here where it will change (name only)

State we don't have in Canada. It's a province. So state returns the province here.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 08-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), lostinthemes (08-26-2013), NewdestinyX (08-24-2013), RKO1195 (08-24-2013), TEK_2012 (08-25-2013)

Ok Grant so your Neighborhood shows (Null) to? I thought it was just mine lol my neighborhood shows my County in the myLocation widgets always and that's what my weather app shows is my County in my location at home.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-24-2013), TEK_2012 (08-25-2013)

Page 39 of 216 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 49 89 139 ... LastLast