Page 36 of 216 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Grant,

This is the hardest things to fix as all seems good on Druben's phone, I also have this weird things often when I work with Dacal on the UniAW, things that don't work for me work for him LOL.. and so it's difficult to pinpoint the issue when it's not their.
    Part of the problem with Dacal & I was I had poor internet connection and Dacal's was stable, so I was seeing issues he didn't.

If Derrick & Brian have internet on all the time I believe they may never see this issue as it does seem only to be an issue with those of us who disconnect periodically.

It's not a major thing and if it really is an issue then it will happen to Derrick/Brian sooner or later, then they will get a chance to troubleshoot.

Maybe Derrick, Brian or Dacal would be willing to turn off their internet or go on Airplane mode or whatever for a few hours and test what happens when they switch back on, thing is I don't know how long we have to be disconnected before we see some issue, all night does it for me.
    Yes. I understand. But I have excellent signal all day. Like Brian, I have amazing LTE and rarely use WIFI. But I do notice noticeable battery drain when I keep Location services on all day as opposed to when I'm only outdoors in my car. I use a Mophie case for extra battery for UniAW mainly.. But still - a part of me feels like I should turn off LOC services when not using. And it's so easy to toggle with BatterDoctorPro. I will say that my entire testing period from Philly to Harrisburg was with Loc Services on, obviously - BUT - prior to getting on the road - Loc Services had been off.

I'm going to try tomorrow - with Loc Services on ALL DAY. And see if that makes any difference.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

I definitely see better weather displaying using WW than mylocation. Don't always pay close attention to how often it updates but just the difference in how these two work I would think means that even in bad Internet areas the widgets always have readings to pull from. That is why my WW widgets never display nothing like mylocation widgets randomly do. It's kinda like having Dacals cookie built right into the tweak lol. I don't know about everybody but I would rather have slightly dated weather in bad Internet areas than no weather being displayed or demo modes.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-22-2013), RKO1195 (08-22-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,823 Times in 4,160 Posts

Agree with you Simon, it's very similar to Dacal's cookie but without all the cookie code for me to break but now I think we need to change the "Last Update" in our widgets to instead show the last update of the .xml file instead of the last time our widget looked at the .xml file, (I'm talking about the UniAW BTW), I would say you can have both update times but in the case of the UniAW there is simply no more room!

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), Simon (08-22-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Agree with you Simon, it's very similar to Dacal's cookie but without all the cookie code for me to break but now I think we need to change the "Last Update" in our widgets to instead show the last update of the .xml file instead of the last time our widget looked at the .xml file, (I'm talking about the UniAW BTW), I would say you can have both update times but in the case of the UniAW there is simply no more room!
    Lol, yup, no more cookie breaking for you
    Most of the new widgets coming from the beta group have the XML file as last update. I think I saw one of these guys had one with both updates but agree, the XML one is probably the more important one when using this tweak.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013)

It's easy Ian just use xmlupdate and take lastupdate out. And I run location 24/7 and don't see any difference in battery drain, I've alway left it on!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

My iOS 7 lock shows the last update of the XML
    Not the last time the widget checked it. There is no doubt the widget is checking the file so no need for it.
    Good night y'all

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), Heine (08-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), TEK_2012 (08-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    My iOS 7 lock shows the last update of the XML
    Not the last time the widget checked it. There is no doubt the widget is checking the file so no need for it.
    Good night y'all
    Agreed, but in these early stages I will have both in the UniAW version (yet another choice LOL..)

EDIT: Now I have it working as a fader similar to the moonrise text in the accu version, it fades from "XML checked at:" to "XML updated at:"
    I also removed the seconds from the xmlupdate with my method below.
    Looks pretty cool.

Not sure if this will be of much use to any of you, but if you want to get rid of the seconds in the xml update time you can do this, but it also removes the AM/PM so maybe not for all of you.

In the .js file look for this line:
    Code:
    document.getElementById("xmlupdate").innerHTML = xmlupdatetext + obj.updatetimestring.slice(11);
    CHANGE IT TO THIS:
    Code:
    document.getElementById("xmlupdate").innerHTML = xmlupdatetext + obj.updatetimestring.slice(11, 16);
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-23-2013 at 03:57 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lol, yup, no more cookie breaking for you
    Most of the new widgets coming from the beta group have the XML file as last update. I think I saw one of these guys had one with both updates but agree, the XML one is probably the more important one when using this tweak.
    Lol ! Now we have an XML file generated, no need to have a cookie, i think Ian is happy .

BTW, concerning the update, now we have the update interval in the XML, i can add a display for a sort of "Offline" mode, in case the XML has not been updated and the interval time is reached. Maybe usefull for debugging.

I will look today.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Heine (08-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), Simon (08-23-2013), TEK_2012 (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Thanks

Here is what I did for debugging, I added the xmlupdate and a fader between the two, they say a picture is worth a thousand words LOL...
    This time I had constant internet but I switched off logging this morning so don't have the log for this but it's clear there is some small issue.

EDIT: Now 19:28 here and still no update since 17:24. So I re-spring, still no update, so I re-boot, still no update!! I think I broke it LOL...

If any of you want to use this for testing, here is the link to the complete lock screen:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7v...iAW6_LSWW3.zip

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-23-2013 at 06:34 AM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), TeddyDiesel (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    It's easy Ian just use xmlupdate and take lastupdate out. And I run location 24/7 and don't see any difference in battery drain, I've alway left it on!
    Do you mean SigChange On in myLocation? Or Constant in WW? Which one did you find gives no battery drain?

This time I had constant internet but I switched off logging this morning so don't have the log for this but it's clear there is some small issue.

EDIT: Now 19:28 here and still no update since 17:24. So I re-spring, still no update, so I re-boot, still no update!! I think I broke it LOL...

If any of you want to use this for testing, here is the link to the complete lock screen:
    Yes.. I have the same experience with intermittency of updating while in Constant mode. And no respring or reboot gets me the right ( updated) city. Only switching to manual mode and opening NC gets it working again.

When it's working completely as designed - its a crazy awesome updating machine! Still so glad Derrick & Brian thought of this method of getting weather data.. And agreed.... takes away all need for a cookie.. Stephen will get this little update bug worked out. I'm not worried. Still unclear what we can provide the team from our phones to prove/show what we're experiencing.. And if this is not an "every phone problem" it's gonna get tricky tracking down the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    .,I can add a display for a sort of "Offline" mode, in case the XML has not been updated and the interval time is reached. Maybe usefull for debugging.
    That would be great, Dacal!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-23-2013 at 06:46 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013)

Thanks

Hey Grant, you just saved me M8, I was completely stumped, it would not update the xml file using constant, I re-spring, reboot, removed the xml file, reinstalled the tweak... nothing, now it wouldn't create a new xml file while in constant mode.

So I just see your post and try manual, thank god, all back to normal now. so thanks for that M8.

Conclusion: Constant has issues, tomorrow I try semi.

Thanks to all again for this fab tweak, lovin it.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), Dacal (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), lostinthemes (08-23-2013), mentop (08-23-2013), NewdestinyX (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), The.Drifter (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Thanks for fielding all these questions D!

Grant,

Let me see if I can help you to understand this.

Comparing the MyLocation app to this tweak is like saying that you orange juice doesn't have enough apple taste in it. Now before you start disagreeing with me hear me out.

<big snip>
    So your point doesn't really help us. We are telling you what we need, but you are insistent on telling us what we need. This is the reason that you weren't included in the beta. Simple answer is your unwilling to do what is asked.

Sorry bud. We have been living this for weeks and want to get it working for most. All would be great, but it is a rather in depth tweak and we are not expecting miracles when running it on a hacked OS!

Thanks for your help.
    You came a little late to the party on this one King. As I told D I will give you what you ask. But I disagree with why you say myLoc comparison for loc change interval is useless. We'll just have to agree to disagree. You're just not understanding why it's a useful comparison base. That's okay. I will do what you ask.. I can't explain it any better than I already have and people are getting personally offended that I don't want to offend. My only goal is to provide the best info I can (from more than 20 years beta testing experience with Apple, MOTU, Avid, Samsung about the functionality of a tweak). That is what I consistently try to do.. If that's not welcome I can stop.

More.. in.. The Great Debate...,

Don't want to pull this off topic again.

Hey Grant, you just saved me M8, I was completely stumped, it would not update the xml file using constant, I re-spring, reboot, removed the xml file, reinstalled the tweak... nothing, now it wouldn't create a new xml file while in constant mode.

So I just see your post and try manual, thank god, all back to normal now. so thanks for that M8.

Conclusion: Constant has issues, tomorrow I try semi.

Thanks to all again for this fab tweak, lovin it.
    My pleasure, Ian. Glad to be seen as "helpful".. by someone..

Yeah.. I stumbled on it by accident - wondered if it might just be a "mode" based thing. Using Manual consistently gets it functioning for me again. On several tests I can reproduce this on two different phones. I wonder how many others are also testing on multiple phones with different tweak sets to rule out individual phone issues..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-23-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Grant I mean in WW and on sig change in the MyLocation I always leave location on...

And Ian if it want make your xml file ever put in Semi and open weather app and it should then, this is how we had to do it but in the last few versions he's got it to make it in constant.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    @Ian,

I used "SEMI" all the time, and with semi i have the issues described above.
    Don't worry pal, I'm sure the guys will get it sorted.

Thanks for the info.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), j0k3r (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), NewdestinyX (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Grant I mean in WW and on sig change in the MyLocation I always leave location on...

And Ian if it want make your xml file ever put in Semi and open weather app and it should then, this is how we had to do it but in the last few versions he's got it to make it in constant.
    Yes. It just seems like there's something in Constant Mode that's a little broken. It doesn't consistently auto-update as designed. And the non-update period seems early in its use after the antenna first turns off (after Location Services have been off, etc).

Mine updates great on Constant but I leave location on always though

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-23-2013)

Thanks

@ Dacal,

Hi bud,

Is it possible to make obj.updatetimestring into a string and separate all the info it gives so we can loose the seconds but keep the AM/PM?
    Or some other way?

Thanks David.

@ RKO1195,

I never switch off the location services, everything on my phone is always on and I get the issues, funny how it's ok for some and not for others, these issues are a pain to pinpoint especially if it's all working for Stephen.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-23-2013 at 08:43 AM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,787 Times in 6,741 Posts

Ian, you said that you use airplane mode, correct? This will turn off the radio in essence disabling loc srvs.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), Heine (08-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-23-2013), RKO1195 (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ian, you said that you use airplane mode, correct? This will turn off the radio in essence disabling loc srvs.
    Yeah M8, only when I go to sleep, but all day everything is normal, the tweak worked fine all day till 17:24, then for some reason it refused to update the xml file. I tried everything & nothing worked till I saw Grants post about Manual mode.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

... I tried everything & nothing worked till I saw Grants post about Manual mode.
    No one will pay attention to that piece of data, Ian.. because it came from me.. at it's not in a form the design team wants/needs..

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    …and sometimes it updates only when I wakeup my idevice.
    Durben already explained this to us.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013)

Page 36 of 216 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 46 86 136 ... LastLast