Page 23 of 215 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    I cant understand Dacal exactly what should i do.I unzip your file and it was a uniaw theme.So how can i match it with the widget weather mod,what files should i replace or add?
    Create a new folder. Name it "whateveryouwant.theme". Take all the files and folders that just got unzipped and move them into your new folder. Move your new folder to your Winterboard themes folder. Go to Winterboard and select. Respring and enjoy!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshlogic For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (08-19-2013), Noobiusmaximus (08-20-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013)

I cant understand Dacal exactly what should i do.I unzip your file and it was a uniaw theme.So how can i match it with the widget weather mod,what files should i replace or add?
    The UniAW6_WW theme goes in var/stash/themes/ and as long as you've installed the Widget Weather tweak correctly - it just works! Simple!

If you haven't installed the Widget Weather tweak - to download it - go to Widget Weather thread in the "File Mods" sub forum and all the instructions for downloading the Widget Weather tweak are in post #1. Follow instructions carefully and exactly.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), nik1975 (08-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The UniAW6_WW theme goes in var/stash/themes/ and as long as you've installed the Widget Weather tweak correctly - it just works! Simple!

If you haven't installed the Widget Weather tweak - to download it - go to Widget Weather thread in the "File Mods" sub forum and all the instructions for downloading the Widget Weather tweak are in post #1. Follow instructions carefully and exactly.
    Yeah i have installed the tweak,but you now because i have the Gps location also installed i didnt find any difference between them.Maybe if i unistall the Gps will be the weather widget that makes the UniAw6__WW theme to work!So i think everything is ok.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nik1975 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

It's cause you did it on phone I guess he zips his up from computer you just need to make a folder and put all the files in that folder then put in winterboard

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Dammit, I missed Grant being banned? He called me a name before, can I file a complaint and get him banned again?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), Simon (08-19-2013)

Yeah i have installed the tweak,but you now because i have the Gps location also installed i didnt find any difference between them.Maybe if i unistall the Gps will be the weather widget that makes the UniAw6__WW theme to work!So i think everything is ok.
    I don't understand your problem. There wouldn't be any different between myLocation and Widget Weather - because they're both Yahoo based. So all the information is the same. The only difference is that in Widget weather you can change the timing and type of location updates you get and set C or F and other city information. The new UniAW will LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME as your old UNIAW did. Identical. So you shouldn't be looking for any changes - in LOOK.. There's just a different 'engine driving the car'. The TWEAK is now sending location data to UniAW. Understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Dammit, I missed Grant being banned? He called me a name before, can I file a complaint and get him banned again?
    It was indeed a scary moment.. Luckily Simon's a nice guy and they run the forum believing in good intentions. And Simon knew, at heart, I'm not a SpamBot. LOL!!!! Though, as you'd well imagine, my "established personality" has INDEED gotten me banned from a couple of other forums.... They just didn't "get me".

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Dacal (08-19-2013), lostinthemes (08-19-2013), nik1975 (08-19-2013)

It was indeed a scary moment.. Luckily Simon's a nice guy and they run the forum believing in good intentions. And Simon knew, at heart, I'm not a SpamBot. LOL!!!! Though, as you'd well imagine, my "established personality" has INDEED gotten me banned from a couple of other forums.... They just didn't "get me".
    Well people "get me", this is why I am a "elitist beta tester" speaking to the "commoners".

Let me know the forum, I'll put in a good word for u and get u back in on those forums. We will all miss u here but this is just the type of giving person I am. I'm always willing to help a friend in need u know.
    Last edited by Krima; 08-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), EricB78 (08-19-2013), Mav1971 (08-19-2013), Simon (08-19-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,636 Times in 6,719 Posts

Well people "get me", this why I am a "elitist beta tester" speaking to the "commoners".

Let me know the forum, I'll put in a good word for u and get u back in on those forums. We will all miss u here but this is just the type of giving person I am. I'm always willing to help a friend in need u know.
    That was good! People are wondering why I am in my office laughing alone!
    Widget-Weather App Currently Being Updated for iOS 8!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    If you need to generate the MyLocation.txt file in the mean time for widgets, install the MyLocation app from here:
    http://cydia.myrepospace.com/kohidevice/

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), EricB78 (08-19-2013), Krima (08-19-2013), Mav1971 (08-19-2013), Simon (08-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,419 Times in 451 Posts

What you have to do is place the uniAW theme directly above your LS in winterboard. Then you'll see it.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The 8th Immortal For This Useful Post:

Decal, Ian or anyone who might know, how do I get scrolling walls on the springboard and how do I change the time to 12 hr format ( particularly on decals new WW Uniaw 6.3. Thanks all

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (08-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Best01 View Post
    Decal, Ian or anyone who might know, how do I get scrolling walls on the springboard and how do I change the time to 12 hr format ( particularly on decals new WW Uniaw 6.3. Thanks all

Top of UniAW js change ampm to true;

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), Best01 (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

Well people "get me", this why I am a "elitist beta tester" speaking to the "commoners".
    Touché.. lol
    (but theme creators "like Ian" put 'me' on their beta team when they want a 'thorough' tester.... whether they 'get me' or not... )

BUAAAAHA.... You're killin' me...

Are you using UniAW6.4_WW_LS on your springboard? If so (as I am) turning on the scrolling TimedWalls is accessed in the 'daisy' touch layer which won't work on the Springboard. I asked Dacal the same question in the UniAW thread. You'll have to recode something - until the WinterBoard version is officially released.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-19-2013 at 01:43 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), Dacal (08-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Thank you bud!

Trying to rid myself of my location app. Thanks to all uncooked in this wonderful project. I'll post it if anyone wants once I'm finished with it (minus some paid images)
    Last edited by Best01; 08-19-2013 at 01:47 PM.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), EdgeNsketch (08-19-2013), It's Mi (09-30-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), NewdestinyX (08-19-2013)

Thanks

There is a toggle in the settings app for this tweak to set 12/24 hr.
    If you need to generate the MyLocation.txt file in the mean time for widgets, install the MyLocation app from here:

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), Best01 (08-19-2013), Dacal (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    There is a toggle in the settings app for this tweak to set 12/24 hr.
    Exactly

For timedwalls on SB, need to rewrite the SB widget. I will do that tomorrow i think.

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Not a good idea M8 .

Just change the format in the widget weather settings .

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), Best01 (08-19-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-19-2013)

Remember, this is still a work in progress. That's why we wanted to put it out there for a wider net of testing. I'm glad that you now understand that this is nothing like any other method of collecting weather / location data.

Keep us posted and feel free to send us your findings whether good or bad.
    One thought for future updates. I wonder if the tweak could have the 'choice' of locale (city, city2, neighborhood) also be a switch in the tweak itself. So if you come to an area were city isn't reporting correctly - the tweak could be switched and then all widgets using the tweak would get the correct city?!?!

The switch could be named "City Naming" and it would have three positions:
    "default" - sends 'main city' to to widgets
    "city 2" - ExtLocationCity to widgets
    "neighborhood" - sends 'whatever you and D and Stephen' choose to be considered a 'default neightborhood' from the feed. Maybe this one stays in the widgets themselves so people could pick what they want.. But city 1 and city 2 could be built into the tweak.

If this is too much of an undertaking for the tweak itself - maybe Ian and Dacal could at least incorporate it as one of the switches in the Daisy of the Lockscreen version. "Use City2", "Use Neighborhood".. And certainly all the iWidgets could implement this in their Options.plist.

It DOES seem like City1 and City 2 choice should be built into the tweak itself.. Just a thought!!

Still lovin' this baby!!!!
    Grant

Thank you bud!

Trying to rid myself of my location app. Thanks to all uncooked in this wonderful project. I'll post it if anyone wants once I'm finished with it (minus some paid images)
    I LOVE Ferlop's SB widget that your mod is patterned after. I would love this when done.. mainly for the Widget Weather code driving that one.. Please share when done, Best!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Best01 (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

Thanks

One thought for future updates. I wonder if the tweak could have the 'choice' of locale (city, city2, neighborhood) also be a switch in the tweak itself. So if you come to an area were city isn't reporting correctly - the tweak could be switched and then all widgets using the tweak would get the correct city?!?!

The switch could be named "City Naming" and it would have three positions:
    "default" - sends 'main city' to to widgets
    "city 2" - ExtLocationCity to widgets
    "neighborhood" - sends 'whatever you and D and Stephen' choose to be considered a 'default neightborhood' from the feed. Maybe this one stays in the widgets themselves so people could pick what they want.. But city 1 and city 2 could be built into the tweak.

If this is too much of an undertaking for the tweak itself - maybe Ian and Dacal could at least incorporate it as one of the switches in the Daisy of the Lockscreen version. "Use City2", "Use Neighborhood".. And certainly all the iWidgets could implement this in their Options.plist.

It DOES seem like City1 and City 2 choice should be built into the tweak itself.. Just a thought!!

Still lovin' this baby!!!!
    Grant
    We will discuss to see if we want to expand the "Neighbourhood Location" switch. Thanks for the input.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), NewdestinyX (08-19-2013)

We will discuss to see if we want to expand the "Neighbourhood Location" switch. Thanks for the input.
    Thanks sir!!!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Weather wise yes. But we don't have Disney world and all the other parks there. I think we could actually fit Bermuda in the magic kingdom lol.
    Enjoy it, Simon....I just got back from my first cruise vacation, I don't really get out much, so this was special.....did the inside Alaska, went to Juneau, Skagway, and visited the beautiful Tracy Arm fjords....Friday was around Durben's neck of the woods, docked in Victoria....Then I get back and see these awesome lockscreens! Fantastic work, everyone....

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), Simon (08-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Enjoy it, Simon....I just got back from my first cruise vacation, I don't really get out much, so this was special.....did the inside Alaska, went to Juneau, Skagway, and visited the beautiful Tracy Arm fjords....Friday was around Durben's neck of the woods, docked in Victoria....Then I get back and see these awesome lockscreens! Fantastic work, everyone....
    oo.. Ferlop - welcome back.. Please update your most RECENT SB widget for Widget Weather.. That's my new favorite, bro!!

Page 23 of 215 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 123 ... LastLast