+ Reply
Page 21 of 200 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Should i try to re-install the latest evasi0n?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,366 Times in 5,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    I've seen that work, but not 100% of the time. It's up to you, I don't think you can hurt anything by trying.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-18-2013), chevymusclecar (08-18-2013), j0k3r (08-18-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I've seen that work, but not 100% of the time. It's up to you, I don't think you can hurt anything by trying.
    ...thx I try that, but i can only remove evasi0n from cydia, there is no re-install option, i can only remove it.
    When i try to remove evasi0n i get an error in cydia :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    ...thx I try that, but i can only remove evasi0n from cydia, there is no re-install option, i can only remove it.
    When i try to remove evasi0n i get an error in cydia :/
    The only way that I know how to do it is by connecting your phone to your computer and running the 3vasion tool again.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-18-2013), chevymusclecar (08-18-2013), j0k3r (08-18-2013), RKO1195 (08-18-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,493 Times in 4,303 Posts

Default Some early Comparison Testing
    Well today was a pretty FUN DAY of experimenting with this amazing new tool. Though I hate to admit it.. Krima was right in that 'having the tool in your hand' has allowed me to understand more of its design and implementation..
    Let me see if I got it right:
    Fixed: Only uses WOEID entered in Tweak
    Manual: Waits for an entry into Local Weather on your phone
    Semi: Will update same way as manual PLUS will look to Update Interval setting in tweak for an auto refresh after specified interval
    Constant: Scan for GPS change all the time. Always on.

I think I understand it.. though I wonder if Stephen can add a short explanation of each one on that page of the tweak - in the next update..??

It was SO great on my drive home to see how fast Dacal's Lockscreen based on the tweak updated city. I've seen cities I passed through before that are small towns but were updated by the tweak quickly. Now I was watching all three at once.. while my (ahem.... ) wife was driving me home... (wink, wink)..
    • I watched Dacal's lockscreen Widget Weather
    • UniAW set to Yahoo with myLocation
    • Drifter's City Independent Element

Interestingly enough - UniAW set to yahoo using myLocation won out in terms of speed of update. I think I remember one of you gurus saying a while back that Ian and Dacal employ an "every 7 seconds" check of the myLocation.txt file? And also any lock and unlock action updates UniAW's city? Something like that? BUT -- Widget Weather showed me two small towns I pass through that neither UniAW nor Independent Element City showed.

Now when I got back to Flourtown, my hometown.. for some reason it only read 'undefined' until I resprang... Because I'm not ready to cast ANY aspersions of ANY KIND on this WORK OF ART tweak... I'm gonna just call that a FLUKE.. But I've turned on logging and will see if it happens again..

So far - I'm having a blast... I still hate Yahoo for small towns near big metro cities. When it's torrential raining in Flourtown as it, OF COURSE, is also in Philly - Yahoo returns Cloudy or Mostly Cloudy for Flourtown. I've tested over 30 small towns near major cities and the same Yahoo 'inaccuracy'. So I suppose I'll never be a fan of Yahoo for small town accuracy - BUT this amazing tweak gives me a QUICK remedy when I wanna see the cooler animations for REAL weather that's being reported properly for Philly. I just set the WOEID in the tweak to a Center City Philly WOEID.. And then simply throw the switch from CONSTANT to FIXED, and voilá, I get the 'real weather' for my small town near Philly..

That's prolly the most brilliant aspect of this tweak - is that it takes MANY settings that you had to manually set in each widget - and places those prefs IN the TWEAK itself so all widgets based Widget Weather will look to same variables!!. LOVE THIS!!! Thanks again all who made this possible!!!

Maybe the 'refresh check', in Constant mode, could be set a little tighter like UniAW's check on the myLocation.txt file.. Yes, King, I am INDEED out of my league now.. LOL!!!!!!!!! I admit it..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-18-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), chevymusclecar (08-18-2013), Dacal (08-19-2013), Dexy88 (08-20-2013), King_O_Hill (08-18-2013), lostinthemes (08-19-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,283 Posts

I'm happy u like it Grant, I really am. I figured u would like the fixed option, even though u said u had no idea why anyone would use it.

Durben and I use it the same way because when we don't travel there is no need to have GPS on all the time so we use fixed option, which returns a very accurate location for obvious reasons.

In the past this was a pain but now with just a change in settings it's a quick and painless process.

I'm glad u now see that I wasn't posturing but just trying to explain that the nuances if the tweak are best understood when used.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), joshlogic (08-18-2013), King_O_Hill (08-18-2013), lostinthemes (08-19-2013), NewdestinyX (08-18-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks

Nice Grant.

Remember, this is still a work in progress. That's why we wanted to put it out there for a wider net of testing. I'm glad that you now understand that this is nothing like any other method of collecting weather / location data.

Keep us posted and feel free to send us your findings whether good or bad.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), joshlogic (08-18-2013), Krima (08-18-2013), NewdestinyX (08-18-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I'm happy u like it Grant, I really am. I figured u would like the fixed option, even though u said u had no idea why anyone would use it.

Durben and I use it the same way because when we don't travel there is no need to have GPS on all the time so we use fixed option, which returns a very accurate location for obvious reasons.
    Well I don't really worry about it as much from a resource standpoint as in my early testing there's virtually no difference to battery consumption in having Constant on or Fixed. I remember that you and Pinoy and I were 'RAM-o-phobic' sort of in our nature... My guess is that you might be equally battery-phobic.. I get it. .. But as I said there's virtually no detectable difference with Constant on from Fixed as I've tested these last 24 hours. But I'm gonna do a whole day with one then the other a day later to do a more in depth test for battery consumption.

I use FIXED for an entirely different task. I flip it on to get Philly instead of my hometown - as the weather reported for Philly from Yahoo is more accurate for my town - that my town itself at Yahoo.

And, of all people, I thought you'd appreciate that BatteryDrPro's presets can be used as a switch on and off for Constant mode.. Just set your INDOOR preset to have Location Services off. You never need Locations Services ON when you're indoors. So flicking to Indoor - turns off Location services - leaving Constant mode 'essentially' off - and not draining any battery at all. Still love BatteryDrPro. Great find you turned me on to there.

I'm glad u now see that I wasn't posturing but just trying to explain that the nuances of the tweak are best understood when used.
    Fair enough. But you were still playing the role of 'elitist beta tester in the "in crowd"' telling all the "commoners" to settle down and be patient.....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Will definitely be downloading this when I get my phone back. Great work to the creators and everyone involved.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vgutierrez96 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

I've found the opposite Grant. My widgets using WW have been updating faster and with fewer problems than mylocation based widgets. I constantly get blank readings on mylocation based LS widgets, nothing terrible but it does randomly happen. Don't have that issue with WW ones.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fair enough. But you were still playing the role of 'elitist beta tester in the "in crowd"' telling all the "commoners" to settle down and be patient.....
    So every time u mentioned that u were on Ian's beta team or Wynds beta team, which u mentioned several times, u were being an "elitist beta tester" speaking to the "commoners"? So u are accusing me of the very same thing u have done "MANY" times.

I never said "elite" and I never said "commoner". Dude, u are way too sensitive.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I've found the opposite Grant. My widgets using WW have been updating faster and with fewer problems than mylocation based widgets. I constantly get blank readings on mylocation based LS widgets, nothing terrible but it does randomly happen. Don't have that issue with WW ones.
    We're all getting the random loss of connection in UniAW where you see the frost thing. But when a connection is established - I've never gotten a blank city EVER with UniAW - even since 6.0. I've had 3 'undefined's' come up with Widget Weather today. But I'm pressing this thing hard. That's why I like to offer beta testing services to new things- because I'm really tough on tweaks/widgets in the way I use and test them.

Don't get me wrong. This morning on my drive in and the drive home - it was like BAMM, BAMM, BAMM every little town I was driving through and the lockscreen was updating. I'm TOTALLY happy with the implementation of auto update in Constant mode on WW. But UniAW - working all the time (I had no dropouts) when it recognized the town I was in - it was the FIRST to show it on the screen. -- Now in fairness - all we have are lockscreens now. And I don't know if simply locking/unlocking is enough to ask WW to 'update now please'. Where I'm pretty sure that's built into the implementation of UniAW for update location.

I would say that WW has much greater ACCURACY of localization. And UniAW's implementation of myLocation is 'faster' at getting the feed data when a lock/unlock step is involved.

But I need a few more days with it - AND at least one SB WIDGET that utilizes the new tweak to do a very fair comparison.

I need to test RKO's for him too as he asked me to..

Thanks for your feedback, Simon. You've had it way longer than the rest of us...

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks

We're all getting the random loss of connection in UniAW where you see the frost thing. But when a connection is established - I've never gotten a blank city EVER with UniAW - even since 6.0. I've had 3 'undefined's' come up with Widget Weather today. But I'm pressing this thing hard. That's why I like to offer beta testing services to new things- because I'm really tough on tweaks/widgets in the way I use and test them.

Don't get me wrong. This morning on my drive in and the drive home - it was like BAMM, BAMM, BAMM every little town I was driving through and the lockscreen was updating. I'm TOTALLY happy with the implementation of auto update in Constant mode on WW. But UniAW - working all the time (I had no dropouts) when it recognized the town I was in - it was the FIRST to show it on the screen. -- Now in fairness - all we have are lockscreens now. And I don't know if simply locking/unlocking is enough to ask WW to 'update now please'. Where I'm pretty sure that's built into the implementation of UniAW for update location.

I would say that WW has much greater ACCURACY of localization. And UniAW's implementation of myLocation is 'faster' at getting the feed data when a lock/unlock step is involved.

But I need a few more days with it - AND at least one SB WIDGET that utilizes the new tweak to do a very fair comparison.

Thanks for your feedback, Simon. You've had it way longer than the rest of us...
    I haven't really used the latest uniaw that much so haven't had the frost thing you speak of. The accelerometer slideshow LS I did used a stripped down uniaw 6.21. Then I did an exact same setup style wise using the WW base Durban posted. I switch between the two regularly for testing and never get blank readings using WW one. That's just my experience though.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-18-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Just thought I'd stop in and moon y'all

Taken with my little canon camera at 80x zoom and thrown into Instagram.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), Dexy88 (08-20-2013), Heine (08-18-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), Krima (08-18-2013), lostinthemes (08-19-2013), Marty McFly (08-19-2013), prymeh (08-18-2013), RKO1195 (08-19-2013), Simon (08-18-2013), TeddyDiesel (08-18-2013), TEK_2012 (08-22-2013)

Thanks

Ooh, you have a pretty moon. Lol

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), Krima (08-18-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks

Ooh, you have a pretty moon. Lol
    Uh, Gross!!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), Simon (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-18-2013)

Thanks

I haven't really used the latest uniaw that much so haven't had the frost thing you speak of. The accelerometer slideshow LS I did used a stripped down uniaw 6.21. Then I did an exact same setup style wise using the WW base Durban posted. I switch between the two regularly for testing and never get blank readings using WW one. That's just my experience though.
    Sounds Great, SIMON!!! I look forward to trying yours..

Hey, bro.. I'm locked out of my frickin.. Subscriptions page again... on computer and MMI app. Please find out what keeps doin' this..

Here's the message I get on the phone.. I've logged out and back in 4 times. Can't get to Subscriptions page.. Pain is the ASSS!!!
    In APP:

On computer:
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-18-2013 at 10:19 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tomme11's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    For the person who PM'd
    My D is backwards on purpose. It's not the tweak its my own custom font

[IMAGE]646306[/IMAGE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tomme11 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), The_Durben (08-19-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Here is a SB Widget implementing WidgetWeather. It's not complete in the least, but functional enough for testing purposes. Also if you can, could you tell me how I can separate the elements of the digital clock? Hours, minutes, and ampm need to be separated to work with the flip clock design. I've tried mashing code from other widgets but so far nothing's panned out. Any help is appreciated. Download below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfx7bxuu6k...getWeather.zip

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

Heine (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013), NewdestinyX (08-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,497 Times in 3,569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomme11 View Post
    lol so stupid
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

G-weezy (08-19-2013), King_O_Hill (08-19-2013)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM