+ Reply
Page 202 of 209 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4176

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by MamaJaay OMG Grant. Wtf? Used forecast as an example. Said nothing that it needs to work with WW. You pushed Jake to get SBHTMLworking with springTOMIZE, because
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Enmedi00's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    OMG Grant. Wtf? Used forecast as an example. Said nothing that it needs to work with WW.

You pushed Jake to get SBHTMLworking with springTOMIZE, because it was such a "ESSENTIAL" tweak. Winterboard has been around for a long time.

I NEVER SAID THE FAULT WAS IN WW. I simply said that removing it breaks winter board. On one hand, you're thanking me for bringing this to your attention, on the other hand you're saying that I bringing this to your attention, it someway would prevent other users from potentially using it.

I never tried to sway people one way or the other. So stop putting words in my mouth.

In regards to icon O-Matic, FYI Suby does not have anything to do with the tweak development. So before you go start throwing people under the bus, make sure you get your facts straight. Anthony, the one that is responsible for updating the tweak, has had some family issues. So don't go blaming Suby for Anthony's lack of presence.

I'm done. And I don't just mean here.
    I love you Mama!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,241 Times in 3,922 Posts

Hi team,

I got a question for yazz,

In the Apple Weather app, for the gps one, it displayed my correct hometown - Guadalupe. It has shown this all day.
    But in my .xml file (updating correctly) "Guadalupe" cannot be found, am I missing something?
    Are you sure WW got all the location name variables from the app?

I attach my xml file here. BTW I just set it to update every minute for testing.

All other info is correct, just the city name.

Thanks.

PS, Iv's also been meaning to ask you what's the difference between <name> and <city>?

EDIT:

just visited neighbours, it did it again, in app is correct (Tam Is) but xml file has not this name and the xml file is being updated ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Widget Weather-img_0332.png   Widget Weather-img_0331.png   Widget Weather-img_0330.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-02-2014 at 05:26 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,514 Times in 6,400 Posts

Default Widget Weather
    Very strange Ian! When I enter the coords from the XML file I do get matching info, but I do not get Guadalupe, I get Maasin City or more exact Southern Layte. So I have to ask, where are you? I'm thinking that the Weather app is doing something different as the XML file should be more accurate for location.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-02-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Hi Brian,

I was just thinking, it has to be the accuracy of the gps, I have tried almost all possible configurations of distance filter and desired accuracy, one time it came up Guadalupe (for 1 minute) next update it was back to Tawid and now I can't get it back again!, Weather app still says Guadalupe!

My address is:

Guadalupe (Town)
    Maasin City (City)
    Southern Leyte
    Eastern Visayas
    Philippines

So does WW actually get the city/town/neighbourhood names from the Weather app or does it just get the coordinates then get the names from some other source?
    If it gets the names from the app I wonder why I don't see "Guadalupe" in the xml anywhere.

No biggie, for me I will add the if city name = Tawid bla bla = Guadalupe, just curious.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-02-2014)

Thanks

Default Widget Weather
    We did a lot of work on the city / town etc names. These are being pulled based on how your accuracy is being set. We don't actually pull the info from the app as you do with cycript commands, but instead we customize it based on your location and accuracy and then gather the weather info the same way that the app does but instead of displaying it in the app, we convert it to the XML file. So basically we are running parallel to the weather app, but using the criteria that you set for accuracy in the settings pane.

Does this make sense?

Sounds like its a little too accurate for you! Haha. When I drill down to 6 places in lat/long, I can't get Guadalupe either.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-02-2014)

Thanks

Ni problem Brian, I will just add the code to change it.

BTW, Tawid is about 3 clicks from Guadalupe! Strange thing is it use to say Guadalupe as you have seen in some screen shote I post (not recently but before).

All the best pal, gotta sleep noo, its 3:20am.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-02-2014), NewdestinyX (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Ni problem Brian, I will just add the code to change it.

BTW, Tawid is about 3 clicks from Guadalupe! Strange thing is it use to say Guadalupe as you have seen in some screen shote I post (not recently but before).

All the best pal, gotta sleep noo, its 3:20am.
    Ian, today I updated to 7.1.2. Don't know if that's where you are now too. I noticed something similar in that respringing and respringing, even with Distance Filter set to 1m and Accuracy Filter set to Best for Navigation - I couldn't get as pinpoint accuracy as I was able to get using WW back on 7.0.6. I was almost despairing, until I went into var/mobile/Library/Preference and deleted the file: com.sddevstudio.Weather.plist.. I respringed - then went into WW and flipped MODE from Constant to Semi and back to Constant... and now my accuracy is back as it was in 7.0.6. It can't hurt to give it a try.

For what it's worth.. Yahoo (via WW) gets an occasional town or two wrong even here in the US.. For years now - when I'm driving home, I drive through a place called Lafayette Hill - but Yahoo insists on calling it Miquon which is about 4 miles east of Lafayette Hill. I just wrote an IF statement to change it in my widgets too. Drives me crazy.. LOL!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-02-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-02-2014), King_O_Hill (08-02-2014)

Thanks

Thanks Grant but didn't work for me, if statement it is then.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-02-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks Grant but didn't work for me, if statement it is then.
    Strange. Works for me perfectly in UniAW for WW - SB and LS versions. Make sure you're in the translation file and not where WeatherDesc variable is first set. You have to change the "Fair" with capital letters in the translation.js files - not lower case "fair" in one of the other files.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ian, today I updated to 7.1.2. Don't know if that's where you are now too. I noticed something similar in that respringing and respringing, even with Distance Filter set to 1m and Accuracy Filter set to Best for Navigation - I couldn't get as pinpoint accuracy as I was able to get using WW back on 7.0.6. I was almost despairing, until I went into var/mobile/Library/Preference and deleted the file: com.sddevstudio.Weather.plist.. I respringed - then went into WW and flipped MODE from Constant to Semi and back to Constant... and now my accuracy is back as it was in 7.0.6. It can't hurt to give it a try.

For what it's worth.. Yahoo (via WW) gets an occasional town or two wrong even here in the US.. For years now - when I'm driving home, I drive through a place called Lafayette Hill - but Yahoo insists on calling it Miquon which is about 4 miles east of Lafayette Hill. I just wrote an IF statement to change it in my widgets too. Drives me crazy.. LOL!!
    How did you solve the icon layout problem in the absence of Gridlock 2 on ios 7.1.2?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-04-2014)

Thanks

Default Widget Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    How did you solve the icon layout problem in the absence of Gridlock 2 on ios 7.1.2?
    Just use HomeScreenDesigner. It's icon numbering specifies order in which an icon will move relative to the last icon prior. And just leave blank spaces where you don't want an icon to go..

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-04-2014), lostinthemes (08-06-2014), MamaJaay (08-04-2014), Mary48336 (08-04-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rjr1124's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else having issues with widget weather on 7.1.2?
    If not, anyone here who can help me troubleshoot?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rjr1124 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

More details please?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    More details please?

My location won't change when I go from one city to another and whenever I select semi or constant for location update the location services icon in the status bar never goes away.

Thanks

Default Widget Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    My location won't change when I go from one city to another and whenever I select semi or constant for location update the location services icon in the status bar never goes away.
    With regards to the status bar, it isn't suppose to go away when u have it set to Constant. It's like opening up Maps, u will always have that icon because it needs constant updates for accurate location reporting.

Now, when u change cities, what settings do u have? Is it Manual, Fixed, Semi, or Constant? Also, what refresh interval do u have it on?

Thanks

Sounds like its working just fine.

I always find it just a little odd that a lot of users want the functionality of having GPS monitor their position and change the data in their widgets based on when their location changes. But then complain that the location services icon is always on in the status bar!

First, the "Semi" setting is not working exactly as intended. With that said, you have a couple of options. If you want your location to change automatically but don't want to see the loc serv icon in the status bar, then hide it with Springtomize or some other status bar tweak.

Second if you want your location to change, but don't want to use location services, then leave it on "Fixed" and when you get to your destination, toggle "Constant" a couple of times to allow the update to take place and then turn "Fixed" on when it changes.

I hope this helps.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-06-2014), rjr1124 (08-05-2014), RKO1195 (08-05-2014)

Thanks

With regards to the status bar, it isn't suppose to go away when u have it set to Constant. It's like opening up Maps, u will always have that icon because it needs constant updates for accurate location reporting.

Now, when u change cities, what settings do u have? Is it Manual, Fixed, Semi, or Constant? Also, what refresh interval do u have it on?

Does the same go for semi?

Here is my settings ImageUploadedByModMyi1407265878.843046.jpg

Thanks

Default Widget Weather
    It suppose to do that for Semi as well, show the icon that is. Show me the XML file in here. ImageUploadedByModMyi1407266131.494297.jpg

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi
    Last edited by Krima; 08-05-2014 at 01:32 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    Does the same go for semi?

Here is my settings Attachment 676667
    "Semi" will not update Location at this point in time without a respring (on iOS7). Fixed or Constant are your choices in iOS7 as Krima and King_O_Hill have pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Second if you want your location to change, but don't want to use location services, then leave it on "Fixed" and when you get to your destination, toggle "Constant" a couple of times to allow the update to take place and then turn "Fixed" on when it changes.
    I do almost exactly this. But when I'm driving somewhere it's always on Constant. When I arrive at a location I switch to Semi - which doesn't address the GPS constantly.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-05-2014 at 01:31 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014), rjr1124 (08-05-2014)

Thanks

It suppose to do that for Semi as well, show the icon that is. Show me the XML file in here. Attachment 676670

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi
    I seem to have two?ImageUploadedByModMyi1407267569.653992.jpg
    Do you need to see the contents of both?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM