Page 200 of 216 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190198199200201202 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4304

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Default Widget Weather
    Very strange Ian! When I enter the coords from the XML file I do get matching info, but I do not get Guadalupe, I get Maasin City or more exact Southern Layte. So I have to ask, where are you? I'm thinking that the Weather app is doing something different as the XML file should be more accurate for location.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 21,485 Times in 4,307 Posts

Hi Brian,

I was just thinking, it has to be the accuracy of the gps, I have tried almost all possible configurations of distance filter and desired accuracy, one time it came up Guadalupe (for 1 minute) next update it was back to Tawid and now I can't get it back again!, Weather app still says Guadalupe!

My address is:

Guadalupe (Town)
    Maasin City (City)
    Southern Leyte
    Eastern Visayas
    Philippines

So does WW actually get the city/town/neighbourhood names from the Weather app or does it just get the coordinates then get the names from some other source?
    If it gets the names from the app I wonder why I don't see "Guadalupe" in the xml anywhere.

No biggie, for me I will add the if city name = Tawid bla bla = Guadalupe, just curious.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-02-2014)

Default Widget Weather
    We did a lot of work on the city / town etc names. These are being pulled based on how your accuracy is being set. We don't actually pull the info from the app as you do with cycript commands, but instead we customize it based on your location and accuracy and then gather the weather info the same way that the app does but instead of displaying it in the app, we convert it to the XML file. So basically we are running parallel to the weather app, but using the criteria that you set for accuracy in the settings pane.

Does this make sense?

Sounds like its a little too accurate for you! Haha. When I drill down to 6 places in lat/long, I can't get Guadalupe either.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-02-2014 at 02:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-02-2014)

Thanks

Ni problem Brian, I will just add the code to change it.

BTW, Tawid is about 3 clicks from Guadalupe! Strange thing is it use to say Guadalupe as you have seen in some screen shote I post (not recently but before).

All the best pal, gotta sleep noo, its 3:20am.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-02-2014), NewdestinyX (08-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Ni problem Brian, I will just add the code to change it.

BTW, Tawid is about 3 clicks from Guadalupe! Strange thing is it use to say Guadalupe as you have seen in some screen shote I post (not recently but before).

All the best pal, gotta sleep noo, its 3:20am.
    Ian, today I updated to 7.1.2. Don't know if that's where you are now too. I noticed something similar in that respringing and respringing, even with Distance Filter set to 1m and Accuracy Filter set to Best for Navigation - I couldn't get as pinpoint accuracy as I was able to get using WW back on 7.0.6. I was almost despairing, until I went into var/mobile/Library/Preference and deleted the file: com.sddevstudio.Weather.plist.. I respringed - then went into WW and flipped MODE from Constant to Semi and back to Constant... and now my accuracy is back as it was in 7.0.6. It can't hurt to give it a try.

For what it's worth.. Yahoo (via WW) gets an occasional town or two wrong even here in the US.. For years now - when I'm driving home, I drive through a place called Lafayette Hill - but Yahoo insists on calling it Miquon which is about 4 miles east of Lafayette Hill. I just wrote an IF statement to change it in my widgets too. Drives me crazy.. LOL!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-02-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-02-2014), King_O_Hill (08-02-2014)

Thanks

Thanks Grant but didn't work for me, if statement it is then.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks Grant but didn't work for me, if statement it is then.
    Strange. Works for me perfectly in UniAW for WW - SB and LS versions. Make sure you're in the translation file and not where WeatherDesc variable is first set. You have to change the "Fair" with capital letters in the translation.js files - not lower case "fair" in one of the other files.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ian, today I updated to 7.1.2. Don't know if that's where you are now too. I noticed something similar in that respringing and respringing, even with Distance Filter set to 1m and Accuracy Filter set to Best for Navigation - I couldn't get as pinpoint accuracy as I was able to get using WW back on 7.0.6. I was almost despairing, until I went into var/mobile/Library/Preference and deleted the file: com.sddevstudio.Weather.plist.. I respringed - then went into WW and flipped MODE from Constant to Semi and back to Constant... and now my accuracy is back as it was in 7.0.6. It can't hurt to give it a try.

For what it's worth.. Yahoo (via WW) gets an occasional town or two wrong even here in the US.. For years now - when I'm driving home, I drive through a place called Lafayette Hill - but Yahoo insists on calling it Miquon which is about 4 miles east of Lafayette Hill. I just wrote an IF statement to change it in my widgets too. Drives me crazy.. LOL!!
    How did you solve the icon layout problem in the absence of Gridlock 2 on ios 7.1.2?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-04-2014)

Default Widget Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    How did you solve the icon layout problem in the absence of Gridlock 2 on ios 7.1.2?
    Just use HomeScreenDesigner. It's icon numbering specifies order in which an icon will move relative to the last icon prior. And just leave blank spaces where you don't want an icon to go..

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-04-2014), lostinthemes (08-06-2014), MamaJaay (08-04-2014), Mary48336 (08-04-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rjr1124's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else having issues with widget weather on 7.1.2?
    If not, anyone here who can help me troubleshoot?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rjr1124 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014)

More details please?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    More details please?

My location won't change when I go from one city to another and whenever I select semi or constant for location update the location services icon in the status bar never goes away.

Default Widget Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    My location won't change when I go from one city to another and whenever I select semi or constant for location update the location services icon in the status bar never goes away.
    With regards to the status bar, it isn't suppose to go away when u have it set to Constant. It's like opening up Maps, u will always have that icon because it needs constant updates for accurate location reporting.

Now, when u change cities, what settings do u have? Is it Manual, Fixed, Semi, or Constant? Also, what refresh interval do u have it on?

Sounds like its working just fine.

I always find it just a little odd that a lot of users want the functionality of having GPS monitor their position and change the data in their widgets based on when their location changes. But then complain that the location services icon is always on in the status bar!

First, the "Semi" setting is not working exactly as intended. With that said, you have a couple of options. If you want your location to change automatically but don't want to see the loc serv icon in the status bar, then hide it with Springtomize or some other status bar tweak.

Second if you want your location to change, but don't want to use location services, then leave it on "Fixed" and when you get to your destination, toggle "Constant" a couple of times to allow the update to take place and then turn "Fixed" on when it changes.

I hope this helps.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-06-2014), rjr1124 (08-05-2014), RKO1195 (08-06-2014)

Thanks

With regards to the status bar, it isn't suppose to go away when u have it set to Constant. It's like opening up Maps, u will always have that icon because it needs constant updates for accurate location reporting.

Now, when u change cities, what settings do u have? Is it Manual, Fixed, Semi, or Constant? Also, what refresh interval do u have it on?

Does the same go for semi?

Here is my settings ImageUploadedByModMyi1407265878.843046.jpg

Default Widget Weather
    It suppose to do that for Semi as well, show the icon that is. Show me the XML file in here. ImageUploadedByModMyi1407266131.494297.jpg

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi
    Last edited by Krima; 08-05-2014 at 02:32 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014)

Does the same go for semi?

Here is my settings ImageUploadedByModMyi1407265878.843046.jpg
    "Semi" will not update Location at this point in time without a respring (on iOS7). Fixed or Constant are your choices in iOS7 as Krima and King_O_Hill have pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Second if you want your location to change, but don't want to use location services, then leave it on "Fixed" and when you get to your destination, toggle "Constant" a couple of times to allow the update to take place and then turn "Fixed" on when it changes.
    I do almost exactly this. But when I'm driving somewhere it's always on Constant. When I arrive at a location I switch to Semi - which doesn't address the GPS constantly.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-05-2014 at 02:31 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2014), rjr1124 (08-05-2014)

Thanks

It suppose to do that for Semi as well, show the icon that is. Show me the XML file in here. ImageUploadedByModMyi1407266131.494297.jpg

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi
    I seem to have two?ImageUploadedByModMyi1407267569.653992.jpg
    Do you need to see the contents of both?

Default Widget Weather
    I seem to have two?
    Do you need to see the contents of both?

If you turn off Logging, you can delete the Raw file. Please show the other, non-Raw file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Sounds like its working just fine.

I always find it just a little odd that a lot of users want the functionality of having GPS monitor their position and change the data in their widgets based on when their location changes. But then complain that the location services icon is always on in the status bar!

First, the "Semi" setting is not working exactly as intended. With that said, you have a couple of options. If you want your location to change automatically but don't want to see the loc serv icon in the status bar, then hide it with Springtomize or some other status bar tweak.

I hope this helps.
    I just wanted to make sure the status bar icon was supposed to always be there. Here is my xml file -ww1.png-ww2.png-ww3.png-ww4.png-ww5.png

Here is one of my problems when using Max Pain's LS with LockHTML3-mp.png
    Last edited by rjr1124; 08-05-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Page 200 of 216 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190198199200201202 210 ... LastLast