Page 199 of 216 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189197198199200201 209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4304

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather

  1. #3961
    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Don't do it on my i5 on 7.0.6 or 7.1.2
    You have to follow MJ's test exactly. Will happen on all phones on iOS 7.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. #3962
    The only inaccuracy for me is that I didn't have to reinstall Winterboard. I only had to select a different theme and everything was fine. Seems more of a Winterboard conflict than a WW issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (07-29-2014)

  4. #3963
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,774
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

    Default Widget Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    The only inaccuracy for me is that I didn't have to reinstall Winterboard. I only had to select a different theme and everything was fine. Seems more of a Winterboard conflict than a WW issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Could definitely be a cache thing then. Or related into how WB resprings as opposed to a respring from a different tweak.

    Edit: just tried it again but picking a different theme wouldn't fix it for me. Tried a few different resprings too and nada. Only reinstalling WB fixed it for me. Odd little bug.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    bombmom (07-29-2014)

  6. #3964
    Default Widget Weather
    It's not just ios7 Grant
    And it's not limited to just this version of WB either.

    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

    Simon (07-29-2014)

  8. #3965
    Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    It's not just ios7 Grant
    And it's not limited to just this version of WB either.

    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Thanks BombMom.. Though, again, for all practical purposes this won't really affect anyone using WW because we never uninstall..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #3966
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks BombMom.. Though, again, for all practical purposes this won't really affect anyone using WW because we never uninstall..
    Your welcome to you opinion. As I stated it's not that I won't use it it's because I can't use it. And before you ask no the weather app isn't accurate for me either lol


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  10. #3967
    Default Widget Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    Your welcome to you opinion. As I stated it's not that I won't use it it's because I can't use it. And before you ask no the weather app isn't accurate for me either lol
    Yes, I understood your unique situation in Canada when you explained it in the other thread, BombMom. WW is not a choice for you for very different reasons than MJ was explaining is her preference not to use it.. It's also good to hear someone else refer to Yahoo's weather as sucky for them. We agree 100% there..

    But I think you misread me on one thing -- it isn't an opinion that "it wont affect people using WB since we won't ever uninstall WW". That was actually a fact..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-29-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #3968
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes, I understood your unique situation in Canada when you explained it in the other thread, BombMom. WW is not a choice for you for very different reasons than MJ was explaining is her preference not to use it.. It's also good to hear someone else refer to Yahoo's weather as sucky for them. We agree 100% there..

    But I think you misread me on one thing -- it isn't an opinion that "it wont affect people using WB since we won't ever uninstall WW". That was actually a fact..
    I didn't misread anything :-r


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  12. #3969
    Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    I didn't misread anything :-r
    Alrightey then..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #3970
    Default Widget Weather
    Do you know how many times I've installed and removed it? Where are you getting facts? Also, since some people may have "forecast" running, and decide to install WW. OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND. *gasp* I don't personally use either one. LOL. but there are other people out there that use Cydia that may not follow these threads.

    Example: a user of Cydia, not knowing the conflict between WW and forecast. He has WW running, widgets working, etc.

    Then he sees forecast tweak. He installs that. It removes WW... He also downloads a theme then goes into WB to apply it... And boom. His phone looks all dumb and he has no idea what the heck just happened.

    I'm just saying that people do uninstall things. I'm not the ONLY one that ever has. I'm not that special.

    And grant, you "suggest" that other tweak creators like Jake and SBHTML play nice with springtomize ("because it's so widely used"). Why should WW not have to play nice with winterboard? (which is more widely used). Why the second set of standards for this tweak than any other? It shouldn't be breaking other tweaks on uninstall. Regardless of whether or not the majority of users remove it or not, some do. Please, Grant, surely you aren't giving WW "preferential treatment" and "sweeping this under the rug"... Saying it doesn't matter when "NO ONE UNINSTALLS IT" it does matter.

    Brian, Krima, Simon - Thank you for taking the time to test and confirm the bug or whatever you wanna call it that I have submitted. I'm not sure why it's happening, but it is, and surely Stephen should be made aware and maybe he can fix it.

    Laters, y'all,
    MJ

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (07-30-2014)

  15. #3971
    Default Widget Weather
    MJ, how do "you" know it's not WB that's at conflict with WW? The almighty Saurik could never be wrong, though.. Right? ..

    I truly do not understand this level of rhetoric about something so trivial that won't ever happen to 99% of people using it.

    To set the record straight.. Forecast came out AFTER WW - so using "my" policy it's Forecast's job to play nice with WW.. Oh and then there's iconOmatic... which regularly, daily breaks people's iOS animations. But we still have Anthony and Subby hiding their heads in the sand about that one.

    Your point about not wanting to use Location Services resonates with me.. I'm with you there! .. BombMom's point about her location in Canada being gotten wrong by Yahoo/Weather.com is also a perfectly valid reason to not want to use WW.

    And though I'm grateful to have found this "mini" "insignificant" bug - that I'm sure SDDev will fix.. It just seemed like a reaching at straws attempt to undermine WW as a vital theming tool.

    I'm sorry we can't see eye to eye on this one. But your facts are solid and intention to help always clear, MJ.. And I respect your choice "for yourself" to not use WW. But it seemed like you were moving into territory in your orig comments and after where you were politicking for many others to leave WW behind "because it breaks things" - that's where I thought you moved into overreach territory. That's my opinion.

    Yes! WW should play nicely with all more established tweaks! No inconsistency in my views about that. But we currently jump thru way huger hoops to get iconomatic flawlessly running - even have to spend $4 more to use a Flex 2 patch to get it to stop breaking animations.. Does that motivate Subby to fix it.. Not a damn bit.. He just says he can't reproduce it.. which I doubt the veracity of frankly...

    Don't wish to argue further. I'm done with this topic. Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention. Thorough as always, MJ!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-30-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  16. #3972
    Default Widget Weather
    OMG Grant. Wtf? Used forecast as an example. Said nothing that it needs to work with WW.

    You pushed Jake to get SBHTMLworking with springTOMIZE, because it was such a "ESSENTIAL" tweak. Winterboard has been around for a long time.

    I NEVER SAID THE FAULT WAS IN WW. I simply said that removing it breaks winter board. On one hand, you're thanking me for bringing this to your attention, on the other hand you're saying that I bringing this to your attention, it someway would prevent other users from potentially using it.

    I never tried to sway people one way or the other. So stop putting words in my mouth.

    In regards to icon O-Matic, FYI Suby does not have anything to do with the tweak development. So before you go start throwing people under the bus, make sure you get your facts straight. Anthony, the one that is responsible for updating the tweak, has had some family issues. So don't go blaming Suby for Anthony's lack of presence.

    I'm done. And I don't just mean here.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 07-30-2014 at 08:16 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    Krima (07-30-2014)

  18. #3973
    Default Widget Weather
    It's possible I overreacted and read some things into your original statements, MJ.. My apologies. You've always been a supporter of WW. Thanks again for the bug report.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  19. #3974
    I have good news for those few people who do not like to run location services. If you ever install widget weather, once the txt or XML file gets created, u no longer have to have location services on. Your widget will update with your assigned refresh interval. This eliminates any concerns about excessive battery drainage and the preference to not want location services turned on.

    Just thought I would share that info.




    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (07-30-2014), King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), kristatos (09-06-2014), Marmoul (07-30-2014), Mary48336 (08-02-2014), NewdestinyX (07-30-2014), Simon (07-30-2014)

  21. #3975
    Looks like Newd 2.0 needs an update. 😉


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  22. #3976
    Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Looks like Newd 2.0 needs an update.
    Actually he's 2.1 as of April - but 2.2 might be needed.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  23. #3977
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post

    I'm done. And I don't just mean here.
    Welcome to the club!
    Regards
    Ras

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhatDoIknow For This Useful Post:

    bombmom (07-30-2014), MamaJaay (07-30-2014)

  25. #3978
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIknow View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    Regards
    Ras
    Oh stop it, your never done!

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Krima (07-30-2014), NewdestinyX (07-30-2014)

  27. #3979
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Enmedi00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ruskin, Florida, United States
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    OMG Grant. Wtf? Used forecast as an example. Said nothing that it needs to work with WW.

    You pushed Jake to get SBHTMLworking with springTOMIZE, because it was such a "ESSENTIAL" tweak. Winterboard has been around for a long time.

    I NEVER SAID THE FAULT WAS IN WW. I simply said that removing it breaks winter board. On one hand, you're thanking me for bringing this to your attention, on the other hand you're saying that I bringing this to your attention, it someway would prevent other users from potentially using it.

    I never tried to sway people one way or the other. So stop putting words in my mouth.

    In regards to icon O-Matic, FYI Suby does not have anything to do with the tweak development. So before you go start throwing people under the bus, make sure you get your facts straight. Anthony, the one that is responsible for updating the tweak, has had some family issues. So don't go blaming Suby for Anthony's lack of presence.

    I'm done. And I don't just mean here.
    I love you Mama!

  28. #3980
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    5,373
    Thanks
    8,419
    Thanked 21,485 Times in 4,307 Posts

    Hi team,

    I got a question for yazz,

    In the Apple Weather app, for the gps one, it displayed my correct hometown - Guadalupe. It has shown this all day.
    But in my .xml file (updating correctly) "Guadalupe" cannot be found, am I missing something?
    Are you sure WW got all the location name variables from the app?

    I attach my xml file here. BTW I just set it to update every minute for testing.

    All other info is correct, just the city name.

    Thanks.

    PS, Iv's also been meaning to ask you what's the difference between <name> and <city>?





    EDIT:

    just visited neighbours, it did it again, in app is correct (Tam Is) but xml file has not this name and the xml file is being updated ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0332.png   -img_0331.png   -img_0330.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-02-2014 at 06:26 AM.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

Page 199 of 216 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189197198199200201 209 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •