Page 187 of 216 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177185186187188189 197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by shamjosh View Post
    Hi

I have the same issue since last week
    And I am also in the UK

up until about 10 days it was showing my correct city ie: Ilford
    Now it shows Essex ( which is the county that Ilford is in!)

TIA
    send me yours too, shamJosh.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    I have emailed you them dude,
    Have fun.
    The current address I am at is 19 Worksop Road (that's the street) swallownest (that's the borough) Sheffield (that's the City) S26 4WA (that's the postcode or Zip Code as you guys call it)
    When I set ny WidgetWeather Widget to 'default' in config.js, with your widgetweather.xml file, I get "Sheffield" as the city showing. When I set it to 'neighborhood' I get "Swallownest". Is that NOT what you're getting in your widgets?

Now, just for comparison's sake - when I put your Latitude and Longitude coordinates through my NewD Ultimate Location iWidget that I built, based on GoogleMaps free API, I get these output fields from Google:
    Field 0- Main Street, Swallownest, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S26 4NF, UK
    Field 1- Swallownest
    Field 2- Swallownest
    Field 3- Swallownest
    Field 4- Aston Cum Aughton
    Field 5- Sheffield S26 4NF
    Field 6- Sheffield
    Field 7- United Kingdom
    Field 8- UK

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    When I set ny WidgetWeather Widget to 'default' in config.js, with your widgetweather.xml file, I get "Sheffield" as the city showing. When I set it to 'neighborhood' I get "Swallownest". Is that NOT what you're getting in your widgets?

Now, just for comparison's sake - when I put your Latitude and Longitude coordinates through my NewD Ultimate Location iWidget that I built, based on GoogleMaps free API, I get these output fields from Google:
    Field 0- Main Street, Swallownest, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S26 4NF, UK
    Field 1- Swallownest
    Field 2- Swallownest
    Field 3- Swallownest
    Field 4- Aston Cum Aughton
    Field 5- Sheffield S26 4NF
    Field 6- Sheffield
    Field 7- United Kingdom
    Field 8- UK
    Swallownest is correct it is merely the google address that is a mile or so out, I've had the LS visible while driving and noticed that the neighborhood does update as I drive, I couldn't tell you if the google address does as I try not to keep my eyes of road for too long lol

Hi

Just sent the 2 required files to you

TIA

Swallownest is correct it is merely the google address that is a mile or so out, I've had the LS visible while driving and noticed that the neighborhood does update as I drive, I couldn't tell you if the google address does as I try not to keep my eyes of road for too long lol
    Yes. Google Maps in the UK & Europe isn't quite as advanced as it is in the States. It will get there. In the Marty-Dacal Dynamic Google LS he also provides the Yahoo street address at the too right under the city name. Is that one any more accurate than the Google Street address at the bottom?

Hi

TIA
    Ok. Will check.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-10-2014)

Yes. Google Maps in the UK & Europe isn't quite as advanced as it is in the States. It will get there. In the Marty-Dacal Dynamic Google LS he also provides the Yahoo street address at the too right under the city name. Is that one any more accurate than the Google Street address at the bottom?

Ok. Will check.
    Not as far out as the google one but still pretty out, if it's google that needs to be updated then fair enough I can live with it for now.
    It's not like it stops the LS from working at all lol

Default Widget Weather
    Not as far out as the google one but still pretty out, if it's google that needs to be updated then fair enough I can live with it for now.
    It's not like it stops the LS from working at all lol
    Yes. It's a Google thing. And they get better by people reporting into them inaccuracies.. So go for it !

And one last check.. Before you sent me the files - you had WidgetWeather set to Constant and did one last respring standing on the front step of your house/flat - right?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-10-2014)

Yes. It's a Google thing. And they get better by people reporting into them inaccuracies.. So go for it !

And one last check.. Before you sent me the files - you had WidgetWeather set to Constant and did one last respring standing on the front step of your house/flat - right?
    I did, had it on constant for ages and yes respringed as installed a tweak

I did, had it on constant for ages and yes respringed as installed a tweak
    Yeah. My guess is that Google and Yahoo in UK just need updating for greater accuracy. Do any of the Google Street View mods that Marty has made work in UK? Can you see your street when you clik the little man in the bottom right hand corner..

Yeah. My guess is that Google and Yahoo in UK just need updating for greater accuracy. Do any of the Google Street View mods that Marty has made work in UK? Can you see your street when you clik the little man in the bottom right hand corner..
    I do get street view for the street that google address displays, not my exact location.
    Even after respring.
    Only way I get exact location is when linked to wifi as well

Default Widget Weather
    That makes sense. It will be more accurate when connected to wifi typically.

Thanks for your help here Grant. We consider you a top expert on location issues!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-10-2014)

I do get street view for the street that google address displays, not my exact location.
    Even after respring.
    Only way I get exact location is when linked to wifi as well
    Wow... That's interesting. The iPhone always gives a warning message that you'll get greater position accuracy when connected to wifi. That tells me that there's nothing wrong with Google maps in the UK - IF - you can EVER get an 'exact position'. That just means that your 3G, 4G service isn't as strong as LTE is in the US. But it's not a failure of Google at all.

So you're saying that when you switch your phone's Wifi to ON.. And respring with WW set to COnstant.. You can see an EXACT address in Marty's LS widget?

If yes.. Can you send me THOSE two files (myLocation.txt & widgetweather.xml) - after a Wifi respring?

Wanna make sure I'm understanding you exactly. Thanks, Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That makes sense. It will be more accurate when connected to wifi typically.

Thanks for your help here Grant. We consider you a top expert on location issues!
    LOL!! I am a bit 'obsessed' with location accuracy.. aren't I.. But you said it in a nice way, Brian.. !! LOL Thanks..

@Newdestiny
    I have emailed you the requested files.
    As I put in email I apologise for the difference in address.
    For the moment the google and yahoo address on the LS is near as hell.
    It's only once off wifi that the location deteriorates but when I use NAVIGON it places me fine…

Quick question.

Using Convergence and trying to get notifications a different color so I can see them on my LS. Went through all the settings.

Anyone know how to use Black or dark color other than white?

ImageUploadedByModMyi1402435628.854059.jpg

@Newdestiny
    As I put in email I apologise for the difference in address.
    For the moment the google and yahoo address on the LS is near as hell.
    It's only once off wifi that the location deteriorates but when I use NAVIGON it places me fine…
    What is Navigon, Ryan?

Hi

TIA
    Your situation is the same as Ryan's, ShamJosh.. When you turn on your Wifi - and stand on the doorstep of your house/flat and hit respring - can you get the Lockscreen widget to read your EXACT address and correct town? Let me know.

@Newdestiny
    And Ryan, in the UK.. on your mail - how would you write the address. Is 'Brinsworth' the only town you'd list before the postal code? Or does Rotherham also need to be listed. Which again was the town and which was the borough? And I'm assuming South Yorkshire is like what we call "County" in the US?

Are all addresses in the UK in a Town, Borough and County? Or are there more remote places that might only be a town and a county?

Thanks for the help. I want to work on UK addresses in my Google iWidget next. I've got the 'translation matrix' for deciphering US addresses from Google's formatted address fields.. Now it's time to do the same for the UK.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-10-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Hi newdestinyx

My address is displayed correctly
    But the town is not
    It shows the county as Essex
    Whereas it should be the town
    Ilford

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Little bit ya. Biggest difference for me and others who travel who would choose between something like Apple maps and Navigon is the maps are pre-loaded with Navigon (and tom-tom) whereas Apple maps and Google maps require a data connection. Not always an option for someone traveling abroad, data roaming is a killer. I used to use tom tom all the time, then tried Navigon and do like it a lot better, been my go to gps app when I travel.
    Oooh.. a "turn by turn" GPS car unit.. Now I get it .. Yeah.. No data connection necessary.. Maps pre-loaded.. Makes sense for travel abroad. But it got rid of my car unit precisely because you needed to constantly update the maps.. via USB at your computer.

Thanks for the explanation, though.

Hi newdestinyx

My address is displayed correctly
    But the town is not
    It shows the county as Essex
    Whereas it should be the town
    Ilford

Thanks for your help
    Josh, the files you sent me were from when you were in the center of the City of London - they contain no information about Essex or Ilford. You need to send me the files created WHEN you're physically IN Essex/Ilford.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-11-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Hi Newdestinyx

I will send you the files when I get home in the evening

Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to shamjosh For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-11-2014)

Hi Newdestinyx

I will send you the files when I get home in the evening

Thanks
    Hi
    Just sent the files to you

TIA

Hi guys, please look at the screenshot and can you figure out why the LS has moved a few pixels to the left and the ios background is slightly visible...
    Only done it today and I've not modified anythingImageUploadedByModMyi1402936071.168571.jpg

Page 187 of 216 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177185186187188189 197 ... LastLast