Page 186 of 216 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176184185186187188 196 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4303

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Oh is that it that's ok then, was I right to say ok to optimize for lockhtml?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Oh is that it that's ok then, was I right to say ok to optimize for lockhtml?
    Your supposed to say NO when it asks you if you want to optimize.

Sorry I forgot to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Your supposed to say NO when it asks you if you want to optimize.

Sorry I forgot to say that.
    What does the optimisation actually do? Seems to be working fine up to now

What does the optimisation actually do? Seems to be working fine up to now
    Not sure. Was told that we say NO.

Not sure. Was told that we say NO.
    Haha ok will re-apply with "No"

Have just chosen the no optimisation option and to be fair it doesn't make the slightest difference.
    Also the address at bottom of screen is not quite my location, it's about a mile out and it has update recently, do I need to do anything to widget weather settings to improve this?
    Last edited by ryanDC; 06-08-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Haha ok will re-apply with "No"

Have just chosen the no optimisation option and to be fair it doesn't make the slightest difference.
    Also the address at bottom of screen is not quite my location, it's about a mile out and it has update recently, do I need to do anything to widget weather settings to improve this?
    How about the one under the date at the top? Is that one correct? I usually find that one to be more accurate.

It's same maybe more out than the bottom one? Widget weather settings are on the most accurate gps settings.

It's same maybe more out than the bottom one? Widget weather settings are on the most accurate gps settings.
    Hmmm. Maybe see how it goes when you travel and see if it gets better. Mine is spot on. In your settings.....widget weather. What are yours set at?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,892 Times in 6,764 Posts

That is actually running on the tweak Convergance in the SS. It also needs WW. It will run on LHTML too.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (06-08-2014)

Yeah I am using it with LOCKHTML. Haven't tried convergence. Love this LS with L3.

Hmmm. Maybe see how it goes when you travel and see if it gets better. Mine is spot on. In your settings.....widget weather. What are yours set at?
    See the attached screenshots of WW settings
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1402310839.795274.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1402310857.795288.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1402310882.050976.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1402310970.361065.jpg

Default Widget Weather
    See the attached screenshots of WW settings
    Ryan, all of that is set correctly. I just noticed after downloading the Marty-Dacal Dynamic Google LS myself, that the settings in Config.js are set to "Neighborhood" for this variable:
    var UseExtraLocation = "neighborhood";
    Try changing that to "default" and respring and see if the resulting city name is closer to you..

I've found the full street information (from Google) that shows near the bottom of the Lockscreen to be my "exact" address when the WW settings are set like yours.. "Best for Navigation" & "1m ". But I've found that once you arrive in a final destination.. WW doesn't update 'one last time', sensing that you're now stationary instead of moving. You have to respring your phone one more time to get WW to pinpoint your exact location and report it to the LS. So try a respring too.

I've mentioned to the Widget Weather team the Idea if having a TAP function that could pinpoint update your location - forcing the XML file to update by the tap of a button. Hopefully that will eventually be implemented.

Let me know if either of those things gets you your exact location to show (either setting the var ExtraLoc to "default" and/or a respring once you're stationary).
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bliken (06-09-2014), King_O_Hill (06-09-2014), menard_00 (06-09-2014)

I tried your option above but it just made the google address even more further away than where I was.
    I agree a taxable area to have location instantly updated would be a great addition.
    For now I'll keep it on neighborhood. Although wood it help if it was spelt correctly aka neighbourhood?

Mine works perfectly here in Oklahoma. When I am at work. Exact address and same at home and when traveling.

Love it.....with L3 as G already knows 😉

Haha well maybe I should come over to the u.sat least then address will be correct lol

Lol. Come on over.

Haha well maybe I should come over to the u.sat least then address will be correct lol

I tried your option above but it just made the google address even more further away than where I was.
    I agree a taxable area to have location instantly updated would be a great addition.
    For now I'll keep it on neighborhood. Although wood it help if it was spelt correctly aka neighbourhood?
    with the 'u' is the British spelling.. .. I can tell where you live now.

In my recent travels to Spain I discovered that Google doesn't do as good a job in Europe as they do in America. Not even Yahoo, which WidgetWeather is based on, does as good a job as it could.

Ryan can you please put your current myLocation.txt and widgetweather.xml files (from var/mobile/Documents) into a folder and zip that folder up and put a link to it here. I would like to do some testing of my own with the output from those two files - created after a respring when you're at home.

Or you could just email me them as an attachment. And in that email tell me the correct name of your town.. [email protected]
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Hi

I have the same issue since last week
    And I am also in the UK

up until about 10 days it was showing my correct city ie: Ilford
    Now it shows Essex ( which is the county that Ilford is in!)

TIA

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,892 Times in 6,764 Posts

Sounds like something with the feed. It could be Apple messing with the inner workings as iOS 8 draws near. We had the same issue last year around this time.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    with the 'u' is the British spelling.. .. I can tell where you live now.

In my recent travels to Spain I discovered that Google doesn't do as good a job in Europe as they do in America. Not even Yahoo, which WidgetWeather is based on, does as good a job as it could.

Ryan can you please put your current myLocation.txt and widgetweather.xml files (from var/mobile/Documents) into a folder and zip that folder up and put a link to it here. I would like to do some testing of my own with the output from those two files - created after a respring when you're at home.

Or you could just email me them as an attachment. And in that email tell me the correct name of your town.. [email protected]
    I have emailed you them dude,
    Have fun.
    The current address I am at is 19 Worksop Road (that's the street) swallownest (that's the borough) Sheffield (that's the City) S26 4WA (that's the postcode or Zip Code as you guys call it)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-09-2014)

Page 186 of 216 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176184185186187188 196 ... LastLast