+ Reply
Page 183 of 207 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173181182183184185 193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4122

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I need help--- I instaled WW and i have a option in settings , but in Location Service it dont shown and my widget not working......how to fix this?
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 Times in 993 Posts

I need help---

I instaled WW and i have a option in settings , but in Location Service it dont shown and my widget not working......how to fix this?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,106 Times in 6,251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy88 View Post
    I need help---

I instaled WW and i have a option in settings , but in Location Service it dont shown and my widget not working......how to fix this?
    Did you try all the fixes in the first post?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Well now I'm at work and the humidity is 58 % and it's not showing the right desc as weather app lol.
    Yeah.. me neither, RKO. Weather.app says Mostly Sunny and my widgets that I've modified say "Partly Sunny". My humidity is also 60%.. So there is indeed some 'other variable' here that we haven't figured out yet. I 'wonder' is Barometric pressure or Visibility are part of this equation. I'm gonna start keeping a set of widgetweather.xml files in a folder where I name the folder what was showing in the weather.app and see if I can start seeing patterns..

Thanks for reporting in. We won't modify any more widgets until we gather more data..

SDDev PLEASE tell us what Apple is doing to derive these three conditions not on Yahoo's Condition code list!!! They ALL show code 34 for day and 33 for night.. and yet 'three different' names show in the Weather.app for those 'two' code numbers!! It's a MYSTERY!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (05-08-2014), RKO1195 (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 Times in 993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Did you try all the fixes in the first post?
    You mean a uninstal of ******* and weather fix?

Thanks

Now NewD 2.1 isn't so interested in "saving face" (as he was for his first two years here) to admit the possibility that he (I'm) not 100% sure I've ever seen the condition "Partly Sunny" in the Weather.app. If that's the case then all Apple's done is rename Code 34(Fair Day) to "Mostly Sunny" and Code 33 (Fair Night) to "Mostly Clear".. Boy, wouldn't that be simple! ..

So be on the lookout in the weather.app for the condition "Partly Sunny". Let's see if it exists. In the interim I'm going to just redo my WW widgets to simply change the two Fair condition names to what I outlined above..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy88 View Post
    You mean a uninstal of ******* and weather fix?
    Do you have app sync installed? The weather fix was iOS 6. Sorry, I guess that part is a little out of date.

Do you have forecast installed? Is your stock weather app set to display your current location?
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (05-10-2014), RKO1195 (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,108 Times in 6,942 Posts

I just tried a whole bunch of cities around the world and closest I got was mostly sunny. None were partly sunny.

Come to think of it what exactly is partly sunny? How does it differ from partly cloudy? Sounds like they are saying the same thing, like glass half full or glass half empty, end of the day they are the same thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,682 Times in 4,004 Posts

For most meteorologists:

Partly cloudy In a forecast, this means that less than half of the day will be cloudy. For a current condition, this means that less than half of the sky is covered by clouds.
    Partly sunny In a forecast, this means that more than half of day will be cloudy. For a current condition, this means that more than half of the sky is covered by clouds.

So, essentially, if the word cloudy is used, it's only "partly" cloudy and mostly sun. And vice versa.

However, The National Weather Service Billings Weather Forecast Office in Montana has this to say: "Officially, there is no difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny in a forecast. It is up to the discretion of the forecaster to emphasize sun or clouds. Partly cloudy and partly sunny mean about the same thing: There is going to be a mixture of clouds and sunshine."

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-08-2014), ferlop15 (05-09-2014), lostinthemes (05-09-2014), Optymus (05-08-2014), RKO1195 (05-08-2014), Simon (05-08-2014)

Thanks

Informative, thanks MJ. Still feels a bit redundant to me when I think about it. It is kinda cool seeing a different condition displayed though. Dammit, I keep contradicting myself lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Informative, thanks MJ. Still feels a bit redundant to me when I think about it. It is kinda cool seeing a different condition displayed though. Dammit, I keep contradicting myself lol.
    Lol !! Yes, you do! Fun to witness.. But I can understand your longing for a unique description -living in that island paradise of yours where it probably only ever says Sunny!
    Lol!!

Accuweather for sure uses Mostly Sunny, Partly Sunny and Partly Cloudy all as unique conditions. I've for sure seen all 3 in my Yahoo/Accu choice widgets.

But it sure is looking more like the Yahoo Premium feed it gives to Apple is simply replacing the Fair condition with Mostly Sunny in day and Mostly Clear at night. That's a MUCH simpler code change.

Thanks to you all for letting me flex my code muscles and venture a guess as to what Apple was doing differently in the Weather.app that wasn't in Yahoo's descriptions list.

I'll post the code you need to change to get rid if Fair shortly. Much simpler.

Keep looking for Partly Sunny. If Weather.app ever shows that - we have a mystery on our hands..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-08-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

To give NewD credit where credit is due. Humidity is factored in when a weather description is made/told or displayed. Also temp , sun value..... That can be determined In different ways. And barometric pressure and wind speed/direction Not including precipitation if there is any. That's what I just read anyway.
    Humidity was on 3 different lists

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (05-08-2014)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,306 Times in 1,031 Posts

To be honest I haven't read all the previous posts but still would like to offer that in my neck of the woods (North Central TX), all my WW widgets give me these conditions on a regular basis: Sunny, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy, and fair....Nighttime is the same, w/ clear instead of Sunny.....I don't ever see Mostly Sunny, partly sunny, or the like)....not sure about the weather app itself, last time I checked, only the icon was displayed, not the word description,

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-09-2014), King_O_Hill (05-08-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    To be honest I haven't read all the previous posts but still would like to offer that in my neck of the woods (North Central TX), all my WW widgets give me these conditions on a regular basis: Sunny, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy, and fair....Nighttime is the same, w/ clear instead of Sunny.....I don't ever see Mostly Sunny, partly sunny, or the like)....not sure about the weather app itself, last time I checked, only the icon was displayed, not the word description,
    You wouldn't see Mostly Sunny in your WW widgets Ferlop - because we've used translations that conform to the free API weather code tables.

What we've been exploring here is the weather.app since iOS 7 which NEVER returns the word FAIR and gives us two, maybe three, new conditions: Mostly Sunny and Mostly Clear (and possibly Partly Sunny). Since those three don't appear in Yahoo's code table - and the iOS 7 weather.app uses Yahoo.. We've been wondering where these other 3 weather conditions are coming from.

We've concluded so far that when our widgets say "Fair (day)" (code 34)... Weather.app says Mostly Sunny in iOS 7. And when our WW apps or older Yahoo free API widgets say "Fair (night)" (code 33) the Weather.app says Mostly Clear..

Apple must just be renaming Fair in its coding of the Weather.app. Thats a quick synopsis of the last couple of pages..

I think we should try to have our widgets stay consistent with Apple's descriptions. So going forward we should amend the translation.js files in our widgets mods to change code 34 to say "Mostly Sunny" and code 33 to say "Mostly Clear".. and abandon the word Fair, as Apple's weather.app has and as Accuweather and WorldWeatherOnline have done for years. We'd be changing the text readout only in the variables section where you see "var WeatherDesc".. Both code 34 & 33 will still trigger the fair.js animation in Ian & Dacal's animations. We won't be touching the "var Conditions" table at all.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-08-2014 at 10:23 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (05-09-2014), hemptation (05-09-2014)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,306 Times in 1,031 Posts

Okay, gotcha....thanks for summarizing that, sounds like a good plan in looking into it

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Lol !! Yes, you do! Fun to witness.. But I can understand your longing for a unique description -living in that island paradise of yours where it probably only ever says Sunny!
    Lol!!

Accuweather for sure uses Mostly Sunny, Partly Sunny and Partly Cloudy all as unique conditions. I've for sure seen all 3 in my Yahoo/Accu choice widgets.

But it sure is looking more like the Yahoo Premium feed it gives to Apple is simply replacing the Fair condition with Mostly Sunny in day and Mostly Clear at night. That's a MUCH simpler code change.

Thanks to you all for letting me flex my code muscles and venture a guess as to what Apple was doing differently in the Weather.app that wasn't in Yahoo's descriptions list.

I'll post the code you need to change to get rid if Fair shortly. Much simpler.

Keep looking for Partly Sunny. If Weather.app ever shows that - we have a mystery on our hands..
    Actually I hardly ever get Sunny here. Almost always is partly cloudy, even if there are no clouds in the sky. I don't think yahoo tries too hard with our weather here. They do normally get rain and thunderstorm right though.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-09-2014)

Thanks

Actually I hardly ever get Sunny here. Almost always is partly cloudy, even if there are no clouds in the sky. I don't think yahoo tries too hard with our weather here. They do normally get rain and thunderstorm right though.
    Yeah.. Until just a few weeks ago ( interestingly enough ) you've known my "yahoo sucks" mantra of the last 2 years.. For small towns near major cities - Yahoo doesn't report very specifically. But 3 weeks ago I started noticing a marked improvement. I saw "heavy rain" for my hometown for the first time EVER when of course there have been MANY heavy rain days in the last 2 years in my hometown - yet never reported to our widgets by the Yahoo free API.

So I'm cautiously optimistic that enough people complained to Yahoo about this small town "ignoring" problem. I know I've sent at least two scathing letters to them about it.. Hey - maybe they heard me!?!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (05-09-2014), Simon (05-09-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beautiful widget weather. Great job!

Thanks

Got something from Stephen today in relation to the weather descriptions. I have to mess with it a little to see if its got what we are looking for.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (05-10-2014), menard_00 (05-09-2014), NewdestinyX (05-09-2014), RKO1195 (05-09-2014), Simon (05-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah.. Until just a few weeks ago ( interestingly enough ) you've known my "yahoo sucks" mantra of the last 2 years.. For small towns near major cities - Yahoo doesn't report very specifically. But 3 weeks ago I started noticing a marked improvement. I saw "heavy rain" for my hometown for the first time EVER when of course there have been MANY heavy rain days in the last 2 years in my hometown - yet never reported to our widgets by the Yahoo free API.

So I'm cautiously optimistic that enough people complained to Yahoo about this small town "ignoring" problem. I know I've sent at least two scathing letters to them about it.. Hey - maybe they heard me!?!
    You know it's funny but that's about same time I first saw Sunny for here. Had never seen it before on my phone. I guess they did a little upgrade or something for more accurate reporting.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-09-2014), RKO1195 (05-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Got something from Stephen today in relation to the weather descriptions. I have to mess with it a little to see if its got what we are looking for.
    Wow! You've got me intrigued, Brian! Do tell! ..

You know it's funny but that's about same time I first saw Sunny for here. Had never seen it before on my phone. I guess they did a little upgrade or something for more accurate reporting.
    I sure hope it's a real upgrade.. after all this time.. I'll know the next time we get real rain.. Here's to hoping?!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM