Page 180 of 216 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170178179180181182 190 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 4311

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather

  1. #3581
    Here are the replacement files for the Marty-Dacal LockScreen with the Google Street View.
    Files to replace (to have Fair weather condition be replaced with "Partly Sunny", "Mostly Sunny" during day, based on humidity level, and Fair condition replaced with "Mostly Clear" or "Clear" at night based on humidity level):
    main.js
    translation.js (only English changed)
    IconSets (whole folder to be replaced)
    --remember to change names of original files to save them in case you want to go back..

    Marty-Dacal Mod_NoFair

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    bliken (05-08-2014), hemptation (05-08-2014), Marty McFly (05-08-2014), oldskoolsk8r (05-08-2014), Simon (05-08-2014)

  3. #3582
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    2,313
    Thanks
    5,554
    Thanked 8,912 Times in 2,026 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    How can we be sure it's not taking other information, like the wind, sun up/down, barometric info, etc, and creating a new description for the condition number we're given from the public yahoo API.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hard to imagine how that would be possible, to derive a description from wind and barometric pressure information. But thanks for at least "some" theory, SK !
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Though I'm darn sure it's humidity level that's the determining factor.
    Wait. Now I'm confused...So it's not possible that it could be taking other info gathered from the API and making a new description based on other elements combined with the basic weather condition...or it is possible?

    I wouldn't have thought it was as far a stretch as you described, given that we manipulate conditions now (Marty showed an example). Also when you take into account the amount of info we can currently pull from the free API. It's not just limited to wind and barometric, that's why I added "etc" to my post.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 05-07-2014 at 09:53 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014)

  5. #3583
    I think for now we are going with simple. I could be very wrong, but I don't think it's too complex of a calculation.

    But we are going to keep looking into it.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014)

  7. #3584
    I agree with King. My guess is that Apple didn't employ rocket science here to come up with the three unique weather descriptions not in any of Yahoo's feeds. I just thought what's the most likely weather event that affects cloud density. Humidity is the main one that affects it.. When it's a little more cloudy on a warmer day or night that cloud density level is mostly affected by humidity level.

    But for what it's worth - I'm eager to find out Apple's exact calculation too. So let's keep looking. What we know for sure is that there is no yahoo weather code for Partly Sunny, Mostly Sunny and Mostly Clear. That's an Apple creation derived from some combo of info in Yahoo's premium feed (not the free API).

    Let's keep looking - by all means..!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-08-2014)

  9. #3585
    Livin the iPhone Life jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    3,128
    Thanks
    5,444
    Thanked 3,299 Times in 1,620 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Here are the replacement files for the Marty-Dacal LockScreen with the Google Street View.
    Files to replace (to have Fair weather condition be replaced with "Partly Sunny", "Mostly Sunny" during day, based on humidity level, and Fair condition replaced with "Mostly Clear" or "Clear" at night based on humidity level):
    main.js
    translation.js (only English changed)
    IconSets (whole folder to be replaced)
    --remember to change names of original files to save them in case you want to go back..

    Marty-Dacal Mod_NoFair
    Got it
    Last edited by jawonder; 05-08-2014 at 06:21 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014)

  11. #3586
    Theme Modder smr_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Surabaya, Indonesia
    Posts
    4,756
    Thanks
    5,028
    Thanked 19,399 Times in 3,617 Posts

    Hey bro tried to pm you but your inbox is full

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014)

  13. #3587
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,396
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 16,245 Times in 7,397 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Hey New for translation.js if i'm using English do i need to replace that ?
    Yup, you do, it has the english descriptions in there too.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014), jawonder (05-08-2014)

  15. #3588

  16. #3589
    Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1399551545.352953.jpg
    Never seen it say sunny until now.
    That's just coincidental - because the changes I made didn't affect the Sunny description. .. I only replaced all instances of Fair (day/night) with more descriptive names using humidity as the distinction.
    "Fair" daytime with below 20% humidity now shows - "Mostly Sunny"
    "Fair" daytime with above 20% humidity now shows - "Partly Sunny"
    "Fair" nighttime with above 20% humidity now shows - "Mostly Clear"
    "Fair" nighttime with below 20% humidity now shows - "Clear"
    -- so only the "Fair" description was changed. You must actually be having a SUNNY day, Werty.

    For what it's worth - I too NEVER see Sunny or Clear come up in the Northeast USA.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014), King_O_Hill (05-08-2014), Werty12 (05-08-2014)

  18. #3590
    thanks for this.......however i lost the ability to see streetview..whenever I tapped the yellow man...the background would change but not go to streetview....I left IconSets folder but took out the new main.js and translation.js and put the originals back in.....and all is good again....

    not sure why it took the streetview away...

    anyone else have the same thing happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Here are the replacement files for the Marty-Dacal LockScreen with the Google Street View.
    Files to replace (to have Fair weather condition be replaced with "Partly Sunny", "Mostly Sunny" during day, based on humidity level, and Fair condition replaced with "Mostly Clear" or "Clear" at night based on humidity level):
    • main.js
    • translation.js (only English changed)
    • IconSets (whole folder to be replaced)
    --remember to change names of original files to save them in case you want to go back..

    Marty-Dacal Mod_NoFair

  19. #3591
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    thanks for this.......however i lost the ability to see streetview..whenever I tapped the yellow man...the background would change but not go to streetview....I left IconSets folder but took out the new main.js and translation.js and put the originals back in.....and all is good again....

    not sure why it took the streetview away...

    anyone else have the same thing happen?
    It works fine for me Blik. There are many places where Google doesn't have any images. Maybe you're just in one of those places. My job, for example, is set back off the street pretty far - and Google shows no image of my job's parking lot by the street. I'm running the changed version on my phone now with no problems with the Street View mode.

    Did you replace the IconSets folder with the one I included too? You have to make that change too.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014)

  21. #3592
    yes i am using the new IconSets folder....just changed the main.js and translation.js to originals....

    i am sitting at my house and i see my house when i tap on the yellowman.....i change the main.js and translation.js and then when i tap on the yellow man...nothing happens except the background wallpaper changes but never goes to streetview....

    i put the main.js and translation.js back to the originals and everything works fine again...

    so it is weird

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It works fine for me Blik. There are many places where Google doesn't have any images. Maybe you're just in one of those places. My job, for example, is set back off the street pretty far - and Google shows no image of my job's parking lot by the street. I'm running the changed version on my phone now with no problems with the Street View mode.

    Did you replace the IconSets folder with the one I included too? You have to make that change too.
    well i did one at a time....and did new translation.js.................everything works

    but when i did the new main.js.....the streetview doesnt work also the marvel button works but the pics show up on a black background

    so my problem lies with the main.js

    maybe it is just mine....
    Last edited by bliken; 05-08-2014 at 08:00 AM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (05-08-2014)

  23. #3593
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    yes i am using the new IconSets folder....just changed the main.js and translation.js to originals....

    i am sitting at my house and i see my house when i tap on the yellowman.....i change the main.js and translation.js and then when i tap on the yellow man...nothing happens except the background wallpaper changes but never goes to streetview....

    i put the main.js and translation.js back to the originals and everything works fine again...
    so it is weird
    well i did one at a time....and did new translation.js.................everything works
    but when i did the new main.js.....the streetview doesnt work also the marvel button works but the pics show up on a black background
    so my problem lies with the main.js

    maybe it is just mine....
    I only updated the Marty-Dacal 'original' mod, Blik - Not the one with Marvel and the dynamic moving Street View background. That's the problem, sir. I will look at the newer one later today..

    Grant

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    bliken (05-08-2014)

  25. #3594
    Livin the iPhone Life jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    3,128
    Thanks
    5,444
    Thanked 3,299 Times in 1,620 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yup, you do, it has the english descriptions in there too.
    Yeah i realized what to do after i ask . Thanks

  26. #3595
    Default Drifters GPS Description for WW
    And since I sorta finally had to learn how the code for weather descriptions was derived - it gave me the skills to finally convert The.Drifter's GPS (Weather) Description Individual Element iWidget to Widget Weather format. His Individual Elements were only in Yahoo format in the past.

    So here it is with several options for fonts, font color, size and alignment.

    It also includes my 'upgrade' to replace the "Fair" weather condition at Day and Night with the humidity influenced alternatives: Partly Sunny, Mostly Sunny, Mostly Clear and Clear.

    Enjoy!

    Drifter GPS Description (WW)

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-08-2014), Marty McFly (05-08-2014), RKO1195 (05-08-2014), s22lane (05-08-2014)

  28. #3596
    Here's me just letting you see to see if this helps Grant,





    and here's weather app







  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (05-08-2014), NewD (05-08-2014)

  30. #3597
    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Here's me just letting you see to see if this helps Grant,

    and here's weather app
    Excellent, RKO! Seems like I have the humidity number set a little too low.. You're at 44% humidity and showing Mostly Sunny in the weather.app.. So maybe it's more like 45% or 50% humidity that's the trigger point with Apple - or some other factors as we've all speculated.

    Easy enough to adjust those numbers.. Just change all the '20's' in my IF statements about humidity - to 45 or 50.. And then the widget and the weather.app will match. Easy!

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (05-08-2014)

  32. #3598
    I changed to 45 and it matches now.

    edit,
    Actually I think it's 35 it's what's showing on mine now in weather app so went to it now
    Last edited by RKO1195; 05-08-2014 at 12:47 PM.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

    NewD (05-08-2014)

  34. #3599
    Well now I'm at work and the humidity is 58 % and it's not showing the right desc as weather app lol.

  35. #3600
    I need help---

    I instaled WW and i have a option in settings , but in Location Service it dont shown and my widget not working......how to fix this?

Page 180 of 216 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170178179180181182 190 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •