+ Reply
Page 165 of 208 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155163164165166167 175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4150

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by MamaJaay My apologies. I misread as well. Guess the google car hasn't made the trip to Bermuda I offered google to go and get some pics for
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,380 Times in 6,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    My apologies. I misread as well. Guess the google car hasn't made the trip to Bermuda
    I offered google to go and get some pics for them if they pick up the tab.

I'm still waiting for a reply!!!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (04-02-2014), Marty McFly (03-29-2014), NewdestinyX (03-29-2014), The.Drifter (03-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,162 Times in 6,964 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ah... But - no - he wasn't agreeing, Jess. He was challenging whether or not there was actually "Street View" for Bermuda.. I did indeed misread.

I may have misspoken, Simon. I know there's a full Google Maps satellite view of Bermuda- but I haven't checked about Street View in Bermuda..

But what I know for sure is that - Google Maps free API can't find Bermuda via coordinates. Can't find Madrid Spain either...
    Wasn't challenging you, was asking you where I could find the street view of Bermuda on Googlemaps.com because of what you said here:
    What's weird is you can EASILY find Bermuda, Saudi Arabia and Madrid in Street View on GoogleMaps.com
    Did I read that wrong? It sounded like you were saying there was no streetview using the api but there was on Googlemaps.com.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chris_Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 529 Posts

Drifter & Marty - just wanted to let you guys know that Matt got back to me on the idea I had for adding to infostats. He said he's very interested and will be working on it after he finishes up some things for convergence, which coincidentally should make incorporating what I was asking for easier 😁.

The bad news though... This is new ground and I'll have no idea how to incorporate it into widgets. Sooo... Being the geniuses you guys are, I'm praying 🙏 will help / teach / work with me to make some cool stuff.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Gold For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-29-2014), The.Drifter (03-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,744 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFlegel View Post
    Drifter & Marty - just wanted to let you guys know that Matt got back to me on the idea I had for adding to infostats. He said he's very interested and will be working on it after he finishes up some things for convergence, which coincidentally should make incorporating what I was asking for easier 😁.

The bad news though... This is new ground and I'll have no idea how to incorporate it into widgets. Sooo... Being the geniuses you guys are, I'm praying 🙏 will help / teach / work with me to make some cool stuff.
    Sounds awesome bro. We'll get 'er done for sure!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Chris_Gold (03-29-2014), The.Drifter (03-29-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFlegel View Post

If Matt adds it, we will surely test it prior to a release and will include it in a simple widget for use as a base or example.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Chris_Gold (03-29-2014), Marty McFly (03-29-2014), The.Drifter (03-29-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chris_Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 529 Posts

You guys are the best!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Gold For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-29-2014), Marty McFly (03-29-2014), The.Drifter (03-29-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Natty12's Avatar
    Thanks

are there any location tweaks that show the exact location like mylocation app? instead of just city?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,977 Times in 4,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natty12 View Post
    are there any location tweaks that show the exact location like mylocation app? instead of just city?
    What do you mean by "exact location"? A "city" "is" one exact location.. Do you mean street address?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

for example i live in a city called bradford, uk and with widget weather it just says bradford on widgets but mylocation used to say the areas in bradford i was in, example- allerton

Thanks

for example i live in a city called bradford, uk and with widget weather it just says bradford on widgets but mylocation used to say the areas in bradford i was in, example- allerton
    The myLocation widgets written had a choice for Yahoo or Accuweather in their config.js. And Accuweather would show Neighboorhood automatically. Widget Weather widgets can also be set to show city2 or neighborhood. Just look in the config.js for extra location and change it from default to city or neighborhood.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-30-2014)

Thanks

The myLocation widgets written had a choice for Yahoo or Accuweather in their config.js. And Accuweather would show Neighboorhood automatically. Widget Weather widgets can also be set to show city2 or neighborhood. Just look in the config.js for extra location and change it from default to city or neighborhood.
    thanks ill give it a try

thanks ill give it a try
    do i change the neighbourhood js in the widget or widget weather? i cant find widget weather in ifile
    Last edited by Natty12; 03-30-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks

These settings are typically in the config.js file of your widget. If not, then you may need to rewrite some of the main.js code to pull the correct data from the widgetweather.xml file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    These settings are typically in the config.js file of your widget. If not, then you may need to rewrite some of the main.js code to pull the correct data from the widgetweather.xml file.
    i am using ios7 uniaw6.4 chevymusclecar iwidget and it does not give the option in config.js. i have looked in widget weather xml but do not know what to change in order for it to change location by itself like mylocation used to do!! any ideas how to change it?

Thanks

i am using ios7 uniaw6.4 chevymusclecar iwidget and it does not give the option in config.js. i have looked in widget weather xml but do not know what to change in order for it to change location by itself like mylocation used to do!! any ideas how to change it?
    Widget weather widgets update location all by themselves as long as you have WidgetWeather tweak set to CONSTANT mode. Also make sure the myLocation switch is ON in WidgetWeather Tweak.. Should look like this:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Natty12 (03-30-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all. I am having such an annoying issue with getting the XML file to create on my iphone5. Despite all the advice on changing a from constant to semi and back and forth with respringing and restarting my phone, also changing the LS to the weather one in groovy lock and again repspringing and restarting, I still have no XML file. I've looked through the posts on here and even contacted the creator with no luck. I am attempting to use the animatd full screen weather widget. If anyone might be able to help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!!
    Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBGyrl View Post
    Hi all. I am having such an annoying issue with getting the XML file to create on my iphone5. Despite all the advice on changing a from constant to semi and back and forth with respringing and restarting my phone, also changing the LS to the weather one in groovy lock and again repspringing and restarting, I still have no XML file. I've looked through the posts on here and even contacted the creator with no luck. I am attempting to use the animatd full screen weather widget. If anyone might be able to help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!!
    Thank you.
    If you have Forecast installed that's your problem. They are not compatible. Can't think of anything else that would cause the XML not to fire up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you have Forecast installed that's your problem. They are not compatible. Can't think of anything else that would cause the XML not to fire up.
    I don't have Forecast installed. It's so odd that it will not work! I seriously have tried everything and it is not working. It's killing me, it's absolutely killing me!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 1,809 Posts

Is your Documents folder permissions set right ? Maybe what is causing the problem

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-31-2014)

Thanks

Ha, I just realized that since my last semi-restore, I did not add the support email back in my phone.

Sorry about not getting back to you.

Yes, I would check the permissions of the documents folder and make sure that all are set to read, write, execute.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Is your Documents folder permissions set right ? Maybe what is causing the problem
    I did change the settings on the documents folder, I have pretty much followed all of the suggestions as to how to create a file. I'm completely stumped. I wish I knew how to include pictures on here to show you.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM