Page 154 of 216 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144152153154155156 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Destan View Post
    Bro, go to LockHTML3 >Advanced > set Widget Coordinates X:0 Y:0
    Disable Edit Mode

thanks bro helped

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitbeat For This Useful Post:

Destan (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014)

hey guys.

Im loving Dacals LS tweak, however I have a question.

can y'all give me some pointers on what to tweak to get dandelion wind effects to show in conditions other than wind. such as cloudy and partly cloudy, also i kinda miss the baloons.

im just messing about with it now and would appreciate any pointers.

cheers
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776

Quote Originally Posted by Smitbeat View Post
    Hello) Help please (picture edges go wrong (Thanks in advance

Attachment 661195
    I don't have this problem bro. Someone else ? It's just with this LS or same thing with another one ? You use Cydget or LocktHTML ?

Edit : Thx Destan .

Quote Originally Posted by iamevl View Post
    hey guys.

Im loving Dacals LS tweak, however I have a question.

can y'all give me some pointers on what to tweak to get dandelion wind effects to show in conditions other than wind. such as cloudy and partly cloudy, also i kinda miss the baloons.

im just messing about with it now and would appreciate any pointers.

cheers
    Hi, for the dandelions, i can add them later (like uniAW, appear when the wind is strong on particular conditions).

For the ballons, i will not add them, it's an uniAW property .
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-10-2014 at 11:07 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Destan (03-10-2014), Hip5 (03-23-2014), iamevl (03-10-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014), Simon (03-15-2014), Smitbeat (03-10-2014)

Warning - long post ahead....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Grant,
    Thanks for your clear answer, but maybe I wasn't clear, I was asking how it's coded (it's what I meant by "under the hood")
    I can't speak to 'under the hood aspects' - what decimal place it samples to in the various configs - and with respect - I don't think Brian or Derrick could answer that either - or they haven't so far. Stephen (SDDev would have to tell us that).. But I still think I can answer your other questions below.. It took me a couple of read thrus and one explanation from SD to get it into my head in a way I could understand what is happening with Distance and Accuracy.
    I'm confused because how can I have a "Desired Accuracy" of 3 Kilometers with a distance filter of 1M, it doesn't add up!
    Yeah.. that's what blew my mind at first too.. But the reason it doesn't add up is that you're seeing Distance filter and Accuracy filters as mathematically related.. They are not even REMOTELY RELATED mathematically speaking. So let's start there..

Distance Filter controls at what interval a SNAPSHOT of your location is taken and WRITTEN UP in the XML.. It does NOT care one iota WHAT you're close to. It only cares that you've traveled the meters in the window that you set. At 50 meters -- it will say "TIME TOO LOOK".. TAKE A LOOK "SOMEWHERE" and report its findings to the XML.. Think of it like a TIME INTERVAL before a write to the XML happens.. BUT WHAT DATA it reports to the XML is NOT the Distance Filter's job.. Obviously this setting DOES, in Constant Mode, know that you've traveled 1M or 50M or 100M so the tracking is down to at least 3-4 decimal places in the GPS tracking as per your thorough explanation..

BUT the Accuracy Filter - is only consulted AFTER THE Distance Filter threshold is met. Music example: The Distance filter is like the Threshold setting on a compressor and the Accuracy filter is like the Ratio of compression. Maybe that will click it for you. But anyway.. when the Distance filter distance is met - a snapshot of location is taken by WW - but a snapshot of WHAT? Is the lens zoomed IN or OUT.. At 3 Kilometers (widest snapshot) think of Google Maps on your computer ZOOMED OUT.. What's the LARGEST city near your vehicle.. Well for me that would be PHILADELPHIA.. And when I set the Accuracy Filter to 3 Kilometers - near my home I only get Philadelphia and its neighborhoods reported as my Location to the XML.. For this setting my 'educated guess' is that the decimal places are less that WW consults of the GPS satellites. But when I change that setting to Best for Navigation (1 meter) -- I can get the EXACT street address of where my car is.. But whether I have the Accuracy filter set to Best for Navigation or 3 Kilometer, the XML still only updates at the distance filter's set distance. Not before!. That statement should be illuminating too - I hope; because Accuracy Filter doesn't care how far you've traveled - it is only the lens zoom level with which the phone is looking outward to your surrouindings to determine your vehicle's relationship to cities/towns around you.. So for the BEST settings, in the Accuracy Filter, the more decimal places are being used for the calculation..
    So I was wondering if its coded with a maximum accuracy all the time (say 5 decimal points for 1.1M accuracy),
    Yes and No - track with me here.. Maximum accuracy determination is only ON, per se, when Accuracy Filter is set to BEST FOR NAVIGATION... but...
    then the distance filter must continually calculate our every movement
    Yes, agreed.. it DOES NEED to be able to track WHEN we've moved 50 meters.. So a constant higher decimal place tracking would have to be ON regardless of Distance Filter's setting..
    so how is it possible with this to also set a desired accuracy of 3Km?
    I think my explanation above clears that up. Accuracy filter has nothing to do with how often WW is sampling your location. That's Distance Filter.. Accuracy Filter only changes the size of the circle around your vehicle when coming up with a location name (city name).
    It's confusing as hell and I was just suggesting some clearer way that's easier to understand.
    I AGREE! And I've asked that of King. But then when I think HOW to explain it better - by a few characters in a tweak window -- and I'm stumped. This is why Stephen added the words BEST and BEST FOR NAVIGATION at our request to the list in the Accuracy Filter. They used to say simply 5M and 1M. That was SDDev's attempt to clarify how Accuracy Filter is a 'snapshot of the circle around your vehicle'.
    Even the default setting: how can it truly be a desired accuracy of 100M then we say update the coordinates every 50M?? (distance filter). Understand the confusion?
    Yes. My exact confusion until I understood myself what I explained above. Can you see it now?
    Compressor 'threshold' (when to kick it) = Distance filter;
    Compressor 'Ratio' (how much of a sample to take) = Accuracy Filter --
    --not a perfect analogy - but one from our musical world that maybe can help get our brains around it.

Hope that helped a bit more..
    Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-10-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Destan (03-10-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-11-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014), Simon (03-10-2014)

Thx NewDestinyX and Ian, i have an headache now... .

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014), NewdestinyX (03-10-2014), Smitbeat (03-12-2014), TaJr12 (03-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Sorry Dacal.. It takes a LOT of words to explain those two switches. Fortunately using the default settings is WAY more than enough for the average user to get a very accurate city name.

I took a particular interest in these buttons because of my Newd Ultimate Location iWidget that you helped me with in the early days, Dacal. I wanted it to be able to calculate (with Google API - only API accurate enough) both the city/town AND what 'smaller than county' political boundary I was in (neighborhoods/townships). For me - leaving Distance Filter on 50M (how often XML updates) and Accuracy filter of Every Ten Meters - I'm able to get very pinpoint accurate results for my iWidget. WW best invention ever as far as GPS tracking sensor. For my iWidget - Yahoo, even Weather.app's better feed - wasn't able to get me accurate enough info - so I'm 100% Google JSON call now. And only consult the myLocation.txt file for coordinates. Works great.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-11-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014)

Hi, for the dandelions, i can add them later (like uniAW, appear when the wind is strong on particular conditions).

For the ballons, i will not add them, it's an uniAW property .
    Haha - you the guy buddy! I cant wait to see how ya do it - im trying to learn and have had a good go using tacoHTML but no joy so far.

Thanks for the reply!

btw - 7.1 just got released
    Last edited by iamevl; 03-10-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iamevl For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,500 Times in 4,310 Posts

Your not the only one M8 LOL..

@Grant, bud, thanks pal, but I only got through half of that post & my mind started drifting away to a better place LOL. A+ for effort but I'm still none the wiser.

I think i will just accept it the way it is, it works & that's all that really matters.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-15-2014), Dacal (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014)

Maybe the switches could be renamed:

XML Update Distance = Distance Filter
    Location Accuracy = Accuracy Filter
    or- Location Zoom
    .. the accuracy filter is hard to describe completely in a couple/three words..

And there should be a header above those two switches saying:
    For Constant Mode:

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-15-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014)

Actually Ian, Grant nailed it. 👍

I also have a small list of changes that I have requested from SD. This is going to require an "overhaul" of WW with new features added and some old features being removed. The atmospheric and neighborhood switches are going to disappear. They where originally added because SD didn't know if we wanted that info, as it is available, but Apple was not using it. There are going to be some additional woeid features added that is going to change the settings pane from a simple on to a dynamic one.

As far as "under the hood" goes, that has to do with how we are accessing the GPS chip if you need a deeper explanation than what Grant provided, then you might just want to PM me.

Hope your traveling is going well!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-15-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014), NewdestinyX (03-10-2014), RKO1195 (03-10-2014), Simon (03-10-2014), ZFrost (03-11-2014)

Default iWidget
    My iWidget today thanks to The_Durben

-img_1049.png

The Day mod :

-img_1051.png

And the Night mod :

-img_1050.png
    <a href=http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3489231&dateline=1292822742 target=_blank>http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?t...ine=1292822742</a>

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrYcOu For This Useful Post:

deepvivi (03-13-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014), RKO1195 (03-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by BrYcOu View Post
    My iWidget today thanks to The_Durben

-img_1049.png

The Day mod :

-img_1051.png

And the Night mod :

-img_1050.png
    so cool You can share?

Anyone know how to theme the settings icon for WidgetWeather?
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Grant...June's over at LB has put out a challenge for someone to code GPS into LockBuilder...in a roundabout sorta way. You up for it?
    Respect existence, or expect resistance...

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,457 Times in 3,789 Posts

I do follow all these threads you know.

1. I do not want his long posts in my thread. This has already been discussed privately between us. Among other things.

2. If it was a challenge I would have came here or anywhere and done it myself.

3. I really don't think coming to this thread and even by saying "in a round about way" was very advantageous of you.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-15-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Grant, this isn't an insult just a question but do u know code well enough to implement GPS into one of Junes lockscreens? His stuff is crazy deep and innovative, would be psyched if u did. Take the challenge bro.

June, excellent work on Lockbuilder man. Very cool idea and seems to be very well executed. A little pricey for me but the amount of work I'm sure u put into it is crazy. Well done.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-15-2014)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,457 Times in 3,789 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Grant, this isn't an insult just a question but do u know code well enough to implement GPS into one of Junes lockscreens? His stuff is crazy deep and innovative, would be psyched if u did. Take the challenge bro.

June, excellent work on Lockbuilder man. Very cool idea and seems to be very well executed. A little pricey for me but the amount of work I'm sure u put into it is crazy. Well done.
    Shoot me your cydia number. In my thread. Not starting this here. Planning on finishing it and going back to zombie status.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Shoot me your cydia number. In my thread. Not starting this here.
    I'm so sorry man, I wasn't trying to start anything or solicit a free copy. I have been seeing your stuff on Twitter and have read the forums and I never got around to saying congrats on the release. I meant no disrespect, just wanted to say well done for thinking so outside the box.

My price comment was just a small fraction of an overall positive take on your LS. It's very cool that it's got its own Cydia section. Quite the achievement, congrats.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-15-2014 at 03:11 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krima
    1. I do not want his long posts in my thread. This has already been discussed privately between us. Among other things.
    And June is still rude as hell, as usual, and he admits it openly.. .. which is why I don't work with his stuff anymore or offer any help. It's been a polite divorce.

June insists on living in the dark ages of no GPS and insist that his clients don't ask for it. Since we all saw him pull a temper tantrum the last time I questioned whether not he was being 'on the level' about what his clients asked for or not -- I won't go there again. Lock Builder is an amazing accomplishment. It's just utterly useless to me and most of us without having GPS..

So - yes, Krima, I can code it pretty easily if June let me access to his code.. which he probably is unlikely to do. But no, I wouldn't be interested in helping - until June learns a thing or two about manners and treating people with respect. And would apologize for his rude comment above. I'm just not willing to be the brunt of his rudeness anymore. I tried. But he stayed rude to the end.

Peace out.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-15-2014), lostinthemes (03-16-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

3. I really don't think coming to this thread and even by saying "in a round about way" was very advantageous of you.
    Well. This was aimed directly at me Grant, sorry I got you mixed back into whatever was there before. I saw some posts on the LB thread where you two discussed GPS. I thought by the tone, that there was a challenge laid down on the LB thread. Oh well...

That's the nice thing about having choices. There are options available and I use the ones that suit my needs when the need arises. LB, Forecast, WW, Paragon, all great products. Outstanding work by all those involved with devoting time and effort so the rest of us can enjoy. Back to the beach, and away from the forums...
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 03-15-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Touched a nerve
    Respect existence, or expect resistance...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

Page 154 of 216 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144152153154155156 164 204 ... LastLast