Page 153 of 216 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143151152153154155 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-09-2014), Smitbeat (03-09-2014)

Enjoying this one a lot, Dacal!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Beautiful work, Dacal! Thank you very much!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

Thx all . Link updated now, with a very little change and i hope a bug fix for Marty (city turns red before the interval time has passed) .

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

bliken (03-09-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-09-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marmoul (03-09-2014), Marty McFly (03-09-2014), nik1975 (03-09-2014), Smitbeat (03-09-2014), TeddyDiesel (03-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Thx all . Link updated now, with a very little change and i hope a bug fix for Marty (city turns red before the interval time has passed) .
    I was experiencing same bug.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I was experiencing same bug.
    Let me know NewDestiny, if the latest version works fine (1.6 has been updated).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-09-2014), Smitbeat (03-09-2014)

Me too, but i think its gone now

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destan For This Useful Post:

Let me know NewDestiny, if the latest version works fine (1.6 has been updated).
    So the same link to 1.6 I used last time is like a 1.6b? And where is that link?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-09-2014)

Look back a page if on app

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-09-2014), King_O_Hill (03-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So the same link to 1.6 I used last time is like a 1.6b? And where is that link?
    I have note upgraded the version number, because it's a very small change and i have posted the link on different places.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-09-2014), NewdestinyX (03-09-2014)

BTW, NewD, thx for your advice on UniAW thread. Since i have removed my passcode and use the exchange policy cleaner tweak, no more crash on iOS 7 with animations on lockscreen.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-09-2014), NewdestinyX (03-09-2014)

I really like both Widget Weather and Forecast (by Ashman) is there a chance that the conflict between the two will ever be resolved? I really want them to coexist on my home screen!

Maybe if ashcan would try to work with the WE team, until then, no unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Maybe if ashcan would try to work with the WE team, until then, no unfortunately.
    Bummer. That statement says a lot; Sorry to hear that tone, but I obviously don't know whole story.

BTW, NewD, thx for your advice on UniAW thread. Since i have removed my passcode and use the exchange policy cleaner tweak, no more crash on iOS 7 with animations on lockscreen.
    You're very welcome, David. It's been a stormy jailbreak on iOS7 for so many of us. But we're finally finding our way around the WebView bug in 7.0.x. MamaJaay, Durben, King_O_Hill and Simon have all been really key in helping us all to figure out all the issues. Cydget seems to be the only tweak immune to the WebView bugs - which allows you to keep your passcode lock on without any troubles.

Hope you're enjoying your 2nd time through fatherhood. What a cool thing! I had my first grandchild the same time you had your son. LOVING IT!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-09-2014), King_O_Hill (03-09-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,632 Times in 4,335 Posts

Found something that might be of interest to some of you. It's all about the accuracy of GPS from the amount of digits after in the coordinates. So if this is accurate, Id'e say we need no more than 4 decimal places (realistically 3 is plenty) as anything more requires DGPS devices.

"The tens digit gives a position to about 1,000 kilometers. It gives us useful information about what continent or ocean we are on.

The units digit (one decimal degree) gives a position up to 111 kilometers (60 nautical miles, about 69 miles). It can tell us roughly what large state or country we are in.

The first decimal place is worth up to 11.1 km: it can distinguish the position of one large city from a neighboring large city.

The second decimal place is worth up to 1.1 km: it can separate one village from the next.

The third decimal place is worth up to 110 m: it can identify a large agricultural field or institutional campus.

The fourth decimal place is worth up to 11 m: it can identify a parcel of land. It is comparable to the typical accuracy of an uncorrected GPS unit with no interference.

The fifth decimal place is worth up to 1.1 m: it distinguish trees from each other. Accuracy to this level with commercial GPS units can only be achieved with differential correction.

The sixth decimal place is worth up to 0.11 m: you can use this for laying out structures in detail, for designing landscapes, building roads. It should be more than good enough for tracking movements of glaciers and rivers. This can be achieved by taking painstaking measures with GPS, such as differentially corrected GPS.

The seventh decimal place is worth up to 11 mm: this is good for much surveying and is near the limit of what GPS-based techniques can achieve.

The eighth decimal place is worth up to 1.1 mm: this is good for charting motions of tectonic plates and movements of volcanoes. Permanent, corrected, constantly-running GPS base stations might be able to achieve this level of accuracy.

The ninth decimal place is worth up to 110 microns: we are getting into the range of microscopy. For almost any conceivable application with earth positions, this is overkill and will be more precise than the accuracy of any surveying device.

Ten or more decimal places indicates a computer or calculator was used and that no attention was paid to the fact that the extra decimals are useless. Be careful, because unless you are the one reading these numbers off the device, this can indicate low quality processing!"

================================================

I'm not sure how WW determines the accuracy & can't check this atm cause I don't have iPhone, but would like to know:
    If we change the "GPS Distance Filter" and "GPS Desired Accuracy" does this effect the amount of decimal places in: "<latitude></latitude>" and "<longitude></longitude>" in our .xml file?
    If not then can you make clear for me how this two settings work? (Sorry if it's been explained before) I read post 1 but would like to know how it works under the hood if possible?

I'm also curious why we have the "Neibourhood Location" and "Atmospheric Information" options, would it not make sense to just have this info all the time and have the options in the widgets? I mean we have to code it anyway so be as well having it there all the time as let the user select it in the options.plist no?
    With these options, widget creators should specify to the user what settings to choose.

I'm also curious why we have the "Time" & "Temperature" options, again I feel these options should be in each widget, the reason is (now that I'm getting into coding for WW): If the user for some reason has no .xml file we still need to add "ampm" code (for example) in the .js so a clock displayed it. Yes I know this is unlikely but still I add the code just incase,

I'm not complaining by any means, WW is the greatest weather tweak period, I just feel it's options are a bit confusing to the average user, even the "Location Update" settings, they need better explanations placed in the app itself, maybe in future updates you could take this into consideration?

Again, not complaining, just trying to help, keep up the great work guys.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-10-2014 at 12:59 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), MamaJaay (03-10-2014), mfisherbsu (03-16-2014), NewdestinyX (03-10-2014), Platini2000 (03-10-2014), Simon (03-10-2014), Smitbeat (03-10-2014), The_Durben (03-24-2014)

Ian,
    Good observations! I too had to dig a little to find clearer descriptions of some of the settings in WW - but got my answers and it all makes sense to me now.

Distance Filter - is the amount of meters you must travel before WW will look and see if there's a new location you've traveled to and then update the XML. 50 meters (default) is plenty tight to leave this one in my experience.

Accuracy Filter - is the size of the "circle", if you will, that WW looks within to determine your location (amount of lat/long decimal places, as you were explaining). Larger numbers here (at bottom of list) will get you the nearest "larger city" but could never get you the address of a house let's say.. Where the Nearest 10 meters, Best (5 meters) and Best for Navigation (1 meter) settings "close the circle around your vehicle" more and more, so as to be able to get the exact address of your location if your widget uses a reverse geocode API service (like Google) that has street address functionality.

As to your other main observations:
    1) Temperature type and Time type are in the widget for basically the same rationale you pointed out yourself for leaving the atmosphere and neighborhood switches just "built into" WW. A given user like myself will only ever need Fahrenheit and AM/PM in my country. Why would I want to set those items in a config.JS for every widget I own? Set it in WW and forget it. Then every widget I use, that uses WW, will be set correctly for my country for Time/Temp. Heck I'd like to see more universal switches in WW.. Like for Barometric pressure unit and mpg versus kph.

2) I agree with you that we don't need the atmosphere and neighborhood switches in the widget. They could just be built in and always on. It's not like the XML is getting glutted with data that would slow down our phones. We could do without the switches.

Thanks for the education on the decimal places in latitude longitude coordinates. Very helpful!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-10-2014 at 01:26 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,632 Times in 4,335 Posts

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your clear answer, but maybe I wasn't clear, I was asking how it's coded (it's what I meant by "under the hood").
    I'm confused because how can I have a "Desired Accuracy" of 3 Kilometers with a distance filter of 1M, it doesn't add up!
    So I was wondering if its coded with a maximum accuracy all the time (say 5 decimal points for 1.1M accuracy), then the distance filter must continually calculate our every movement (especially if set on constant) so how is it possible with this to also set a desired accuracy of 3Km? It's confusing as hell and I was just suggesting some clearer way thats easier to understand.
    Even the default setting: how can it truly be a desired accuracy of 100M then we say update the coordinates every 50M?? (distance filter). Understand the confusion?
    I'm sure there is method behind the madness here, it's just me with too much time on my hands waiting to go to airport, I'm sure KOH or Durben will clear it up.

Your point about temperature & time is good.

Glad you agree with the atmosphere & neighbourhood point, I'm guessing everybody has them both enabled all the time (but I'm sure someone will reply to this saying they don't )
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-10-2014 at 08:52 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-10-2014)

Hello) Help please (picture edges go wrong (Thanks in advance

-img_0017.png

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitbeat For This Useful Post:

Destan (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014)

Bro, go to LockHTML3 >Advanced > set Widget Coordinates X:0 Y:0
    Disable Edit Mode

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Destan For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-10-2014), King_O_Hill (03-10-2014), lostinthemes (03-11-2014), RKO1195 (03-10-2014), Smitbeat (03-10-2014)

Page 153 of 216 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143151152153154155 163 203 ... LastLast