Page 151 of 216 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141149150151152153 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

No true. Semi is working fine on my 5
    I tried it today.

If you want instant changes, Constant is the way to go. But if not, Semi does in fact update cities.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (02-27-2014), SHARON1O (03-05-2014)

I have mine on Semi and it displays the 'using location info' arrow constantly. And my widget is just stuck on 'loading data'. So it still only works on constant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    No true. Semi is working fine on my 5
    I tried it today.

If you want instant changes, Constant is the way to go. But if not, Semi does in fact update cities.
    Semi and Manual dead on 5S since two releases ago.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,357 Times in 1,494 Posts

I've been using Semi on 5S and it updates from home to work. Just saying.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (02-28-2014)

The only explanation then is that it depends on the individual weather widgets that people are using, obviously it's working properly with some and not right with others.

For the people that semi is working for, can you post a link to the widget if its not paid. It would be nice to have everyone test the same widget to rule out inconsistencies.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-28-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014), The_Durben (02-28-2014)

King & Durben - just to make sure we're also testing correctly. Semi, when it's doing its job, it would be updating weather at the set "Update Interval" - right?

And then how is Location update triggered? Same thing? At the update interval? When it detects a change of position? Both? Even with the write up on page 1 - I still find myself somewhat confused with Semi's functionality.

For what it's worth - from my testing - the XML updates at the update interval - but the location in the XML never changes on my 5S. So my issue is not widget based - but WW based. OR "tweak conflict" related. I run "WeatherBoard" - could that have anything to do with it? Constant still works fine for me though..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-28-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edconline View Post
    I have mine on Semi and it displays the 'using location info' arrow constantly. And my widget is just stuck on 'loading data'. So it still only works on constant for me.
    That's because it's a GPS widget for MyLocation
    Constant needed to update the MyLocation text

The other options are for Widget Weather based widgets

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    King & Durben - just to make sure we're also testing correctly. Semi, when it's doing its job, it would be updating weather at the set "Update Interval" - right?

And then how is Location update triggered? Same thing? At the update interval? When it detects a change of position? Both? Even with the write up on page 1 - I still find myself somewhat confused with Semi's functionality.

For what it's worth - from my testing - the XML updates at the update interval - but the location in the XML never changes on my 5S. So my issue is not widget based - but WW based. OR "tweak conflict" related. I run "WeatherBoard" - could that have anything to do with it? Constant still works fine for me though..
    Could be weatherboard. Don't know why it would work for some and not others unless a conflict with something else.

As for Semi updating location I'm pretty sure it's at the interval set.
    I'd have to double check with SD.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 02-28-2014 at 12:50 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), RKO1195 (03-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Could be weatherboard. Don't know why it would work for some and not others unless a conflict with something else.
    Got rid of WeatherClock7 and Weatherboard and did an iCleanerPro cleaning. Still Semi is dead for me for location update. Isn't that one of the things SD set out to fix between build 38 and build 42, D? Semi wasn't updating location for you either in build 38, right?
    As for Semi updating location I'm pretty sure it's at the interval set. I'd have to double check with SD.
    That would be great for you to check with him on. Thanks!

Just my 2cents on this subject... I wS using constant update with background apprefresh off and it would update with no problem at all very accurate but my battery would not las me half a say on STANDBY... Now I have it set to semi with background app refresh on just for widget weather nothing else and it updates just like if it was on constant but with the difference that my battery last me all day now.... Hope this helps as it was driving me loco..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Is there a way not to run constant for this tweak? Seems like battery goes down quick with it and I love this tweak to much not to have it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Is there a way not to run constant for this tweak? Seems like battery goes down quick with it and I love this tweak to much not to have it.
    Why dont you try fixed choise,is what i am using

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nik1975 For This Useful Post:

2k1 (03-02-2014)

Thanks

Thank you will try that

Thanks
    Thanked 2,845 Times in 875 Posts

Okay I am trying to edit the ios7 weather lock screen that was in the first post. What I want to do is simply add a mask to the lock so that the bottom part of my lock will display a part of a different image other then the weather walls. Just where the section is rounded off. ImageUploadedByModMyi1393822741.712820.jpgmy original thought was to add a call for the image in the lockbackground.html and in the CSS file add the
    Code:
    .screenshot

{

-webkit-mask-image: url('../../Images/mask.png'); 

}

#screenshot {

position: absolute;

top: 0px;

left: 0px;

width: 320px;

height: 568px;

z-index: -3;

opacity : 0.0;

-webkit-animation: fadein 2s linear 1 normal;

-webkit-animation-fill-mode: forwards;

}
    In to the code. But that only shows the screen shot and covers the weather walls up. Like this.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393822947.644588.jpg
    Any suggestions or just a hey stupid you have to do this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My battery does not run down with it on Constant. Something else is creating the drain for you 2K.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (03-04-2014)

Thanks

My battery does not run down with it on Constant. Something else is creating the drain for you 2K.
    Hmmmm ok gonna check it out and see

Even if it's on constant it doesn't update till after ever 15 min or whatever ya have it set to correct?

Hmmmm ok gonna check it out and see

Even if it's on constant it doesn't update till after ever 15 min or whatever ya have it set to correct?
    No. That statement isn't correct. The Constant, Semi, Manual and Fixed control button deals with Location and updates based on the parameters of those functions. So Constant mode ignores the update interval all together. The Update Interval parameter primarily deals with the amount of time before the WEATHER updates - in ANY mode. Though Durben has described that SEMI mode is designed to update location at the update interval. In different versions this hasn't worked. It's never worked for me - but others report Semi working fine at the update interval. Even in a newly DFU restored 5S (which neither King or Durben own) with ONLY WidgetWeather installed I still don't get an update of location at the update interval in Semi mode. At this point I'm gonna start asking people for video proof of it updating.. .. 'cause I ain't buyin' it.. LOL!

On page 1 of this thread - the modes are explained well,
    Grant

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    More of a question than a statement really lol
    First half of 2k's last sentence was a statement and I just wanted to answer the question as clearly as possible.. If I said just "no" he'd have wondered "no - to which part of what I said".. I actually wrestled with the clearest way to start my reply.. To be clear.. The "statement", before his question: "correct?", was incorrect as to how Semi worked.. That's what I hoped to make clear in the way I answered..

Thanks

First half of 2k's last sentence was a statement and I just wanted to answer the question as clearly as possible.. If I said just "no" he'd have wondered "no - to which part of what I said".. I actually wrestled with the clearest way to start my reply.. To be clear.. The "statement", before his question: "correct?", was incorrect as to how Semi worked.. That's what I hoped to make clear in the way I answered..
    Huh?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2014)

Page 151 of 216 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141149150151152153 161 201 ... LastLast