Page 147 of 216 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137145146147148149 157 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-12-2014)

I've downloaded the ww_forecast widget and don't know what folder to put it. Can someone explain to me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parana6 View Post
    I've downloaded the ww_forecast widget and don't know what folder to put it. Can someone explain to me.
    Thanks
    You have to have iwidgets installed and put it in there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Werty12 For This Useful Post:

Parana6 (02-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I don't even know if it affects everyone. And if it does if it is fixable.
    Personally I don't use Forecast so non issue for me
    I'm having this issue as we'll. widgetweather.xml was not updating and removing forecast solved it. Hope to see this issue get fixed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parana6 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-13-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    I'm having this issue as we'll. widgetweather.xml was not updating and removing forecast solved it. Hope to see this issue get fixed.
    Maybe others can send a message to Stimpy/dba Technologies and ask for for a simple "off" switch for Forecast in settings. I've sent already but don't get answers from him....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-14-2014), pioneer88 (02-13-2014)

Maybe others can send a message to Stimpy/dba Technologies and ask for for a simple "off" switch for Forecast in settings. I've sent already but don't get answers from him....
    He's pretty active on twitter, maybe you'll get a reply from him if you tweet him directly (I'm not sure what is the exact nature of the problem).

@davidbashman

Merely saying others need to as well. I've already sent emails tweets ect.

More people need to ask for it to be noticed.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-14-2014), pioneer88 (02-13-2014), wrussell1989 (02-14-2014)

Merely saying others need to as well. I've already sent emails tweets ect.

More people need to ask for it to be noticed.
    Just sent an email to the dev.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

wrussell1989 (02-14-2014)

Default Dacal Artwork iWidget by McFly
    Hi all,

Dacal Artwork iWidget by McFly updated with background selector and scaling option. Credit to Durben for the black background and credit to Eric for the glass background. Of course, credit to Dacal for all the artwork

-photo.png

Dacal Artwork iWidget Update - YouTube

Download Link: Dacal Artwork by Mcfly.iWidget

Enjoy!

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (02-14-2014), Darrenrooster (02-18-2014), Destan (02-14-2014), EricB78 (02-14-2014), King_O_Hill (02-14-2014), lostinthemes (02-15-2014), metaserph (02-14-2014), meth357 (05-30-2014), NewdestinyX (02-14-2014), nik1975 (02-14-2014), Sk37cH (02-14-2014), TeddyDiesel (02-14-2014), The_Durben (02-14-2014)

Very nice Marty!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-14-2014)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

metaserph (02-14-2014), The_Durben (02-14-2014)

Yes! Please everyone send request for off button. Send it many many times and spam the heck out of...

Sorry, got carried away. Better solution is to just delete the forecast tweak.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mcooper (02-14-2014), The_Durben (02-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes! Please everyone send request for off button. Send it many many times and spam the heck out of...

Sorry, got carried away. Better solution is to just delete the forecast tweak.
    I agree with the alternate suggestion but figured if enough people bug him he may put it in.

Seriously though, you pay for a tweak, send the developer requests/suggestions and he can't answer. Pretty crappy in my opinion.

King and I send a lot of emails out for support on Widget Weather and this is a free tweak.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

co.ag.2005 (02-24-2014), King_O_Hill (02-14-2014), lostinthemes (02-15-2014), NewdestinyX (02-15-2014), wrussell1989 (02-15-2014)

Even though I joke around, Durben is absolutely correct. If you want to see something added or changed, send a message to the dev. Most dev's are open to these requests, but occasionally you will find a dev that just wants you to use it the way they want. Kinda like Apple.

You can ignore those last 2 sentences.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (02-15-2014), The_Durben (02-15-2014), wrussell1989 (02-15-2014)

hello i was just wondering is it possible to add a function like old mylocation had,that sig.change,maybe a useless idea mybe not...i ask this because when i turn off location services mylocation.txt file is empty and with mylocation app it is not,it remembers location with loc.ser. turned off
    i just reinstaled mylocation app and all my widgets are working properly and properly update,without location services turned on and update interval set to 5 minutes,thanx
    cheers

P.S. no disrespect here i still think this is great tweak
    Last edited by meth357; 02-17-2014 at 05:09 AM.
    My humble thanks to:all themes creators,modders and coders.
    My special thanks to Sk37ch for unselfishly sharing his work and knowledge,
    dmick89 for his support and kind words for my work.
    Mcfly,Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.
    and all who click thanks on my post,thank you all

My Location app didn't have an update interval itself. That was built into the MyLoc widget coding itself and was only for weather updating. The Location updated in MyLoc when the GPS antenna sensed movement beyond a certain threshold.

Now - in WW - the only reason the myLocation.txt file goes blank is when you're in Fixed mode. This is either a bug in WW or an unsupported feature. Hard to tell if SDDev will be able to accomplish this as it will require "making up" some set of coordinates from a WOIED. A WOEID covers a pretty wide area of a city and coordinates are much more specific.

So if you choose to use Fixed Mode in WW your myLocation Widgets will not update location but they should update weather since the update interval is in the widget itself (for myLoc widgets).

I am hoping SDDev can make Fixed mode print a set of Lat/Long coordinates to the myLocation.txt file eventually.

MyLocation and WW are currently incompatible when installed together since they both try to write to the myLocation.txt file if the MyLocation switch in WW is set to ON. Though I suppose if WW is set to Fixed and/or if you turn WW's MyLocation switch OFF - you might not have any trouble - currently on 4, 4S, 5, 5C - with both installed. (On 5S myLocation app doesn't update location at all.)

As I've said in several posts, after careful methodic testing - over a 12 hour day - leaving WW in Constant Mode only adds 2% of battery drain to your phone over the entire 12 hours. So people should not get phobic about battery drain while leaving Location services on all day with WW set to Constant Mode. That's what most of us do. No battery kill at all. Promise. If you're getting battery drain when your Loc Services are on - it's from some other tweak. Not WW in Constant mode. OR it's because you still have Weather and WidgetWeather switches ON in Settings-->General --> Background App Refresh. They should be OFF.

If you don't like seeing the Loc Services icon in your status bar - easy to suppress with Springtomize 3 and other Status Bar tweaks.

My advice - get rid of MyLocation app. Set WW to Constant with Loc Services ON - but in Settings-->General --> Background App Refreah, turn OFF the switches in there for Weather & WidgetWeather. Not needed and can add significant battery drain. Most users don't know about this window that gets automatically turned on.

Good luck, Meth!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-17-2014 at 05:40 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

co.ag.2005 (02-24-2014), j0k3r (02-18-2014), lostinthemes (02-17-2014), meth357 (02-17-2014)

really big thanx on this post Grant,but i knew you are gonna say this, it is not about location update but weather update that do not update when promtet even with loc.ser.on and constand set and mylocation on in settings,thanx again
    Mcfly,Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.

Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    really big thanx on this post Grant,but i knew you are gonna say this, it is not about location update but weather update that do not update when promtet even with loc.ser.on and constand set and mylocation on in settings,thanx again
    That's a problem with the myLocation widget itself, Meth, if it's a myLocation-based widget. Neither WW nor myLocation App have anything at all to do with weather updating of a myLoc widget. Only changing your location will update weather to new Location with myLocation app.

Remember too - myLocation app doesn't update location on 5S. It's broken.

And your point from your original post was to find a solution to have my location services turned off. Leave your my location services turned on, Meth.

And, for what it's worth, all my myLocation widgets update their weather perfectly using WW and the myLocation switch on.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-17-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (02-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's a problem with the myLocation widget itself, Meth, if it's a myLocation-based widget. Neither WW nor myLocation App have anything at all to do with weather updating of a myLoc widget. Only changing your location will update weather to new Location with myLocation app.

Remember too - myLocation app doesn't update location on 5S. It's broken.

And your point from your original post was to find a solution to have my location services turned off. Leave your my location services turned on, Meth.

And, for what it's worth, all my myLocation widgets update their weather perfectly using WW and the myLocation switch on.
    you really have your fingers deep in this bro,i have to handit to you...
    as i never suspected but you were right absolutly 100% right
    my battery lost is minimum so far in this 24 hours,every widget updates like it was born with WW,even neighbourhood setting.
    thank you grant for your patiance and affability

Page 147 of 216 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137145146147148149 157 197 ... LastLast