Page 146 of 216 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136144145146147148 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 4311

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather

  1. #2901
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Sounds like the widget that you are using has an update interval of its own. It would usually be in the config.js or another js file.
    Yes, it has an update interval for the weather temperature and there is a file name location.js, I think that this file is what causing the problem, don't know, I'm going to delete and see if it works.

  2. #2902
    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Also do groovylock & lockHTML3 play nice together?
    Yes.. Until you turn on Passcode Lock in your phone and try to put high animation in LockHTML3.. That can cause crashes. But I have GL, LH3 and Cydgets all on my phone and can go in and out of each one with no trouble on my 5S. Obviously you can only have 1 switched on at a time in Settings or you're asking for troubles. But they can all be installed on same phone.

  3. #2903
    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Also do groovylock & lockHTML3 play nice together?



    Haha! That's a broad "yup"!! Interpret "yup" to encompass all?
    Lol. It answered your question. Plus I had a feeling New D would chime in and give the details.

  4. #2904
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranis View Post
    Yes, it has an update interval for the weather temperature and there is a file name location.js, I think that this file is what causing the problem, don't know, I'm going to delete and see if it works.
    If it has a location.js it's not a Widget Weather widget.
    It's a GPS/woeid widget.

    Widget Weather settings do nothing for the location, update time or anything else except provide a lat/long to the MyLocation text file and will monitor your location when set to Constant.

    Any wrong city or any other location data you are trying to find it change can only be modified in the widget itself.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-10-2014), metaserph (02-10-2014)

  6. #2905
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/302r1mk1vr8c928/IMG_0019.PNG

    Does anybody know the path for these ugly panels...Remind me, Message and Slide to answer at ios7?

  7. #2906
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    If it has a location.js it's not a Widget Weather widget.
    It's a GPS/woeid widget.

    Widget Weather settings do nothing for the location, update time or anything else except provide a lat/long to the MyLocation text file and will monitor your location when set to Constant.

    Any wrong city or any other location data you are trying to find it change can only be modified in the widget itself.
    So what does this means exactly? For what you are saying it is a GPS/woeid widget, but that doesn't answer my question because I need to respring whenever I am in a different location so that the neighborhood name changes.

  8. #2907
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranis View Post
    So what does this means exactly? For what you are saying it is a GPS/woeid widget, but that doesn't answer my question because I need to respring whenever I am in a different location so that the neighborhood name changes.
    Without knowing what widget you are using, we can only speculate what the problem is. Sorry if you already mentioned it, just refresh our memory. A link to it would be great.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (02-10-2014), The_Durben (02-10-2014)

  10. #2908
    I understand that the "semi" setting has recently been a problem for the app, but I haven't seen anything in the posts about the "manual" setting not working. I really am not comfortable with the "constant" setting as in my experience it has been a battery drain on my phone (I know many others have not seen that). So I have been trying out the manual setting and the location just won't change. I have repeatedly opened the weather app to force the location update -- to no avail. The weather updates nicely on the widget but the location stays static despite my traveling many miles.

    I'm using the WW_Forecast_iWidget. I have a 5S and ios7.04.

    Any help??

  11. #2909
    Used Fixed or Constant

    Until we get an update going there will be issues. Sorry

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (02-11-2014), pnunez1310 (02-11-2014), TEK_2012 (02-12-2014)

  13. #2910
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcspam123 View Post
    I understand that the "semi" setting has recently been a problem for the app, but I haven't seen anything in the posts about the "manual" setting not working. I really am not comfortable with the "constant" setting as in my experience it has been a battery drain on my phone (I know many others have not seen that). So I have been trying out the manual setting and the location just won't change. I have repeatedly opened the weather app to force the location update -- to no avail. The weather updates nicely on the widget but the location stays static despite my traveling many miles.

    I'm using the WW_Forecast_iWidget. I have a 5S and ios7.04.

    Any help??
    I know they're working on it. But I also can't get Manual to update location. Just to confirm you're not alone. And not to push back too hard.. but after extensive testing on several phones I have, I can assure you that battery drain you're experiencing, if more than about 2% over a 12hour period, is not coming from Constant mode in WW. This isn't one of those times where some phones will respond significantly differently than others (which CAN happen in some instances).

    I respect your decision not to use it.. And I'm glad the designers of WW give us the options. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea that Constant Mode is a battery drain when it, in and of itself, isn't. 2% additional drain over 12 hours is the most I could get out of it with a combination of many "real battery draining" tweaks.

  14. #2911
    I hear you guys. In fact I'm trying it again -- "constant" mode. However this time my experience is different in that I'm not seeing the location services icon continually and of course my widget is still not updating location properly. I have to assume the lack of location icon is indicative of a problem when in constant mode. I did reboot the phone when I changed over. Is there another setting I might be missing? I did check an the weather app is approved for location servicea

  15. #2912
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcspam123 View Post
    I hear you guys. In fact I'm trying it again -- "constant" mode. However this time my experience is different in that I'm not seeing the location services icon continually and of course my widget is still not updating location properly. I have to assume the lack of location icon is indicative of a problem when in constant mode. I did reboot the phone when I changed over. Is there another setting I might be missing? I did check an the weather app is approved for location servicea
    In Privacy-->LocationServices, both Weather and Widget Weather need to be switched on.

    HOWEVER,
    In Settings-->General-->Background App Refresh.. The switches for Weather and WidgetWeather should be turned OFF.

    Also reinstall WW from Cydia to make sure nothing got unstable there.

    When Constant mode is working properly the location services indicator should be constantly on.

  16. #2913
    I figured I'd drop this here also since it uses WidgetWeather.

    Here is my WeatherPuzzle iWidget. Big thanks to King_O_Hill, Marty McFly, and RKO1195 for their help in getting this set up for use with WidgetWeather and getting everything looking nice. Touch interaction brings up a four-day forecast. I hope everyone likes it.



    WeatherPuzzleWW
    Last edited by EricB78; 02-12-2014 at 01:27 PM.

  17. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (02-12-2014), Heine (02-12-2014), Hip5 (02-16-2014), jawonder (02-12-2014), JoeGee278 (02-12-2014), King_O_Hill (02-12-2014), kristatos (03-16-2014), lostinthemes (02-12-2014), Marty McFly (02-12-2014), metaserph (02-12-2014), meth357 (02-14-2014), mirilopr (02-13-2014), NewD (02-12-2014), sethbossfan (02-12-2014), SHARON1O (02-12-2014), taykiin (02-13-2014), The.Drifter (02-12-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

  18. #2914
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    I figured I'd drop this here also since it uses WidgetWeather.

    Here is my WeatherPuzzle iWidget. Big thanks to King_O_Hill and RKO1195 for their help in getting this set up for use with WidgetWeather and getting everything looking nice. Touch interaction brings up a four-day forecast. I hope everyone likes it.

    WeatherPuzzleWW
    Looks awesome man! Just love the design. Isn't that the one I converted for you

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (02-12-2014), King_O_Hill (02-12-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

  20. #2915
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Looks awesome man! Just love the design. Isn't that the one I converted for you
    Well, technically you did convert it, but I asked you. So...

    Yes, Eric please credit Marty instead of me. I just brokered the deal, So my normal 10% commission applies.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (02-12-2014), lostinthemes (02-12-2014), Marty McFly (02-12-2014), metaserph (02-12-2014), meth357 (02-14-2014), NewD (02-12-2014), The.Drifter (02-12-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

  22. #2916
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Looks awesome man! Just love the design. Isn't that the one I converted for you
    Crap. I'm so sorry I left you out. So many hands have been on this Widget it's like a Vegas prostitute. Jk. I'll add your name to this list. Thanks again bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Well, technically you did convert it, but I asked you. So...

    Yes, Eric please credit Marty instead of me. I just brokered the deal, So my normal 10% commission applies.
    Actually King, you helped me originally. I believe it even has your "signature" in the HTML file. Lol

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-12-2014), Marty McFly (02-12-2014), metaserph (02-12-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

  24. #2917
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Crap. I'm so sorry I left you out. So many hands have been on this Widget it's like a Vegas prostitute. Jk. I'll add your name to this list. Thanks again bud.
    I feel dirty now

    Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Actually King, you helped me originally. I believe it even has your "signature" in the HTML file. Lol
    Yup! I wrote that bad boy myself way back when.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (02-12-2014), Marty McFly (02-12-2014), metaserph (02-12-2014)

  26. #2918
    That Vegas prostitute loved when I had my hands on her

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (02-12-2014), Heine (02-12-2014), Marty McFly (02-12-2014), metaserph (02-12-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

  28. #2919
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    That Vegas prostitute loved when I had my hands on her
    Sure she did lmao

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Heine For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (02-12-2014)

  30. #2920
    Hi all,

    Here we have an iWidget made from Artwork that Dacal created for a mod that is on the first page of the Widget Weather Thread. This is indeed Widget Weather based so the tweak is needed. Not sure what to call it so I've just been using "Dacal Art iWidget w/4-day forecast by McFly" - lol.

    -photo1.png


    Dacal Art iWidget by McFly - YouTube

    All credit goes to Dacal for the artwork. Credit to Durben for the background. Not much more to say about this one. Some settings available when adding the widget, others set from WW settings app.

    Download Link: Dacal Artwork by Mcfly.iWidget

  31. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    bliken (02-12-2014), Destan (02-13-2014), EricB78 (02-13-2014), j0k3r (02-12-2014), jawonder (02-13-2014), King_O_Hill (02-12-2014), kristatos (03-16-2014), lostinthemes (02-13-2014), metaserph (02-12-2014), NewD (02-13-2014), phil73 (02-12-2014), pnunez1310 (02-12-2014), s22lane (02-12-2014), sethbossfan (02-12-2014), The.Drifter (02-12-2014), The_Durben (02-13-2014)

Page 146 of 216 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136144145146147148 156 196 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •