Page 127 of 216 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117125126127128129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4309

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman UK View Post
    Hey guys, i have been asked to mention this on here by my friend Superouse, we mod things together, i was not aware that if you use groovy lock you can't use a p.list in the theme on winterboard, well i can, i don't know the reason but both mine work together just fine, i am using a 5S with Coffee Diary, in the lock i have a ten image SS and the iwidget Coffee Diary clock converted by Superouse to work in there.
    He didn't believe it was all working so i sent him a display recorder video to prove it.

Just thought i would mention it and if any one has questions please ask....

I am not very good with code, i know the basics PS is my thing....
    I believe the issue is something specific in the plist file. I just have not had the time to dig and test.

Can you PM me your working files and I will try and figure it out. This will make testing a lot easier starting with something that works!

Thanks Jazz!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 01-24-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-28-2014), Jazzman UK (01-24-2014), The_Durben (01-24-2014)

Interesting. I'm not sure why it effects either I'm going to try something real quick...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Jazzman UK (01-24-2014), King_O_Hill (01-24-2014), The_Durben (01-24-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me superouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 398 Posts

The strange thing is i rejailbroke last night,and copied all of Ricks tweaks. And mine would still not work. And i have same plist as Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I believe the issue is something specific in the plist file. I just have not had the time to dig and test.

Can you PM me your working files and I will try and figure it out. This will make testing a lot easier starting with something that works!

Thanks Jazz!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to superouse For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-28-2014), Jazzman UK (01-24-2014), King_O_Hill (01-24-2014), The_Durben (01-24-2014)

To be very specific.. Only Lockscreens with HTML conflict with info.plists within themes in WB.. And even "more specific" it's strings within the plist that have to do with
    •Calendar
    •Docked & Undocked Icon Labels

I think Badge Style and TimeStyle strings are okay.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-24-2014), SHARON1O (01-24-2014)

Weird... Weather and city show but weather icon images do not, and my plist is just for calendar date... ImageUploadedByModMyi1390587102.374712.jpg

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-28-2014), The_Durben (01-24-2014)

Master & King of Mods Jazzman UK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,978 Times in 5,054 Posts

Thanks Jazz!
    Do you want my P.list file buddy...
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ryk911%40aol%2ecom&  lc=GB&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3aftdj  azzsig%2egif%3aNonHosted

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzman UK For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-24-2014), TEK_2012 (01-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Weird... Weather and city show but weather icon images do not, and my plist is just for calendar date... ImageUploadedByModMyi1390587102.374712.jpg
    Yep - Calendar Strings in info.plists - break html widgets.Take that out - and I think you'll see it works.. Unless there's another string in there.. Don't you also have Badge Style strings in there, Chevy?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman UK View Post
    Do you want my P.list file buddy...
    Yes, please

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jazzman UK (01-24-2014)

Master & King of Mods Jazzman UK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,978 Times in 5,054 Posts

Yes, please
    Ok Gimme a sec....
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ryk911%40aol%2ecom&  lc=GB&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3aftdj  azzsig%2egif%3aNonHosted

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzman UK For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-24-2014), TEK_2012 (01-26-2014)

Durben & King,
    I can confirm now that rikrickyy's XML file that gets printed for his area of Central Java does break something in the 01_WidgetWeatherBase LS theme.

In the first photo the top city is the city that's outputted by widget weather. (The rest are various instantiations of my location iwidget which is using Google JSON or WeatherUnderground). Second picture shows the broken lock screen with that particular XML in the documents folder.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Durben & King,
    I can confirm now that rikrickyy's XML file that gets printed for his area of Central Java does break something in the 01_WidgetWeatherBase LS theme.

In the first photo the top city is the city that's outputted by widget weather. (The rest are various instantiations of my location iwidget which is using Google JSON or WeatherUnderground). Second picture shows the broken lock screen with that particular XML in the documents folder.
    Do you have his XML file that you can send me?

Do you have his XML file that you can send me?
    He posted it a page back King.. But I just did some trouble shooting and found the issue. WW didn't post an updatetimestring value in his XML. Without that value the 01-WidgetWeatherBase LS fails.

I'm writing an if statement now to get around it..

EDITED: can't really write around the updatetimestring variable. It's too integral to the working of the widget.. I wonder why WW didn't write that in. First time? Should he trash that XML and then force WW to write a new one?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-24-2014 at 03:32 PM.

He posted it a page back King.. But I just did some trouble shooting and found the issue. WW didn't post an updatetimestring value in his XML. Without that value the 01-WidgetWeatherBase LS fails.

I'm writing an if statement now to get around it..

EDITED: can't really write around the updatetimestring variable. It's too integral to the working of the widget.. I wonder why WW didn't write that in. First time? Should he trash that XML and then force WW to write a new one?
    I would start there, but if this error is in the base theme, we need to address it. Even if its as simple as doing a check for the value and then if none exists, a message gets output on the LS, so it's easy to identify and/or fix.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a note for the Devs of WidgetWeather...the proper spelling is 'Celsius'. Great tweak but an annoying error to see when on the settings screen.

Last edited by Switchmonkey; 01-24-2014 at 06:40 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Just a note for the Devs of WidgetWeather...the proper spelling is 'Celsius' Great tweak but an annoying error to see when on the settings screen.
    Haha. I never noticed that. Good catch.

WW stopped updating location today for me. I tried semi and constant in the settings and no changes in my location. Was working perfect yesterday. Any thoughts guys ?

I need help with repositioning the LS clock down & making it smaller. Least ways point me in the right direction for file using iFile?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Best01 View Post
    WW stopped updating location today for me. I tried semi and constant in the settings and no changes in my location. Was working perfect yesterday. Any thoughts guys ?
    I occasionally havethat issue on my iPhone 5 (6.1.2) - but not on 5S (7.0.4).

Durben & King,

emm is it using WW in pict 1 newdestinyX ? is WW work with another lockscreen ?

it is right that my WW didn't post updatetimestring in XML..

Quote Originally Posted by rikrickyy View Post
    emm is it using WW in pict 1 newdestinyX ?
    Yes. WW is the "engine" reporting location and weather data to several of my iWidgets in pic 1.
    is WW work with another lockscreen ?
    Yes. As long as the other Lockscreens are written to use the WW or myLocation "engines". I'll post another LS for you to try shortly.
    it is right that my WW didn't post updatetimestring in XML..
    That's the reason why the 01WidgetWeatherBase LS is not working for you.. Can you try deleting the widgetweather.xml from Documents. And then going into WW and click from Constant to Semi and back to Constant - then respring your phone? Tell us if the new XML it makes has the updatetimestring in it, please?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (01-25-2014)

Page 127 of 216 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117125126127128129 137 177 ... LastLast