Page 110 of 216 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100108109110111112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4318

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Thanks
    Thanked 23,677 Times in 4,704 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    WB going into safe mode is usually caused by an active theme with an old info.plist file in it. Rename all your info.plist files in any of the active themes and you might be good!
    Hi Brian,
    I'm using an Info.plist file in my Lumo theme without issue, it's just used to set icon text and calendar text to whatever I want, so I'm guessing it's not the actual presence of an Info.plist file rather that one of the settings within it thats causing an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Ian, have you seen that new tweak that was just released that adds "seasons" to lock and home screen? This is a .deb and is like an extremely simple Uni I dunno how hard it is to decompile a deb but might be a good starting place, MMI did a write up on it
    Thanks for the info, we can all see whats inside a deb file easy enough, but I don't know how to open the .gz files usually in them.
    It's such a pity that developers keep their work/methods so secret, I can tell you this, when I get to the stage where I can create useful tweaks in Xcode, I will change all that and post the original Xcode files too, so hopefully open a new page for all of you interested in Xcode.

But I got a ways to go yet.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 01-15-2014 at 09:42 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (01-15-2014), King_O_Hill (01-15-2014), lostinthemes (01-17-2014)

Yes Ian, it's not the presence of the file, but the contents.

Hope all is well, looks like your really digging into a whole new level here.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (01-15-2014)

Thanks

Hope all is well, looks like your really digging into a whole new level here.
    I'm trying M8, but maybe too much too soon, hope I don't forget it all, was at it for 8hrs yesterday and already 4hrs today (it's only 1pm here)

I got 3 e-books on Object-C plus 2 video courses to get through!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (01-15-2014), King_O_Hill (01-15-2014), SHARON1O (01-15-2014), The_Durben (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Brian,
    I'm using an Info.plist file in my Lumo theme without issue, it's just used to set icon text and calendar text to whatever I want, so I'm guessing it's not the actual presence of an Info.plist file rather that one of the settings within it thats causing an issue.

Thanks for the info, we can all see whats inside a deb file easy enough, but I don't know how to open the .gz files usually in them.
    It's such a pity that developers keep their work/methods so secret, I can tell you this, when I get to the stage where I can create useful tweaks in Xcode, I will change all that and post the original Xcode files too, so hopefully open a new page for all of you interested in Xcode.

But I got a ways to go yet.
    That's awesome. Really all I hoped for haha. Thanks for not falling into the same ideology that you're assembly of code is to be guarded and sold. That's why this thread and widget is trail blazing and really one of the only threads that remained fully active during the "between jailbreak" period. Xcode seems daunting, but to run widgets "natively" would be the next step and is very exciting. I will do some research and try to find some open source ios 7 stuff that may help shed some light

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (01-15-2014), King_O_Hill (01-16-2014), SHARON1O (01-15-2014)

Grant,

I'm just a beginner at this M8, far from ready to share anything, I didn't compile a deb file as I'm just playing, I just used the simulator in Xcode so it runs like an app, when I hit the home button it stops, I didn't make any code for passing any info to a text or xml file, I just wanted to see all the things I could access.

I don't know what Stephen uses but many dev's use Theos & not Xcode to make their tweaks, I opted for Xcode, but am really starting from scratch as we have zero .xcodeproj files for us to look through & learn from.
    Here are 2 sources that helped me a lot to get started and they might just do the same for you.
    1.) geolocation_in_ios.pdf Tutorial of how geolocation works in iOS with Xcode example.
    2.)This article, shows how to make Xcode apps without Apple dev account. On the same site are lots of really useful stuff to get started learning, like how cycript (part of cydget) can hook into running apps and change the output. Well worth a bookmark.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (01-16-2014), King_O_Hill (01-16-2014), lostinthemes (01-17-2014), NewD (01-16-2014), RKO1195 (01-17-2014), The_Durben (01-16-2014)

Don't know if this is the right board to ask, but how can I get pressure to go 2 decimal places out?photo 1.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Here are 2 sources that helped me a lot to get started and they might just do the same for you.
    1.) geolocation_in_ios.pdf Tutorial of how geolocation works in iOS with Xcode example.
    2.)This article, shows how to make Xcode apps without Apple dev account. On the same site are lots of really useful stuff to get started learning, like how cycript (part of cydget) can hook into running apps and change the output. Well worth a bookmark.
    Thanks for the links Ras,

Iv'e actually got a $99 account with apple, it runs out this July so I hope I can use it before then.

You might also be interested in this that Azjonnyg put me onto:
    PhoneGap | Home
    It's a headache to get installed but once you have it...
    Basically this will allow you to create tweaks/apps/widgets etc using good old html5, css & js for most platforms (iOS, Android, Blackberry etc), it's really great, you make the tweak and it will package it up for all these platforms, and you just need the very basics of Object-C.

I haven't attempted it yet but basically I could take the UniAW files, throw them into phone gap and it will make an app from it.

This has got to be interesting to you, King, Durben, Drifter, Dacal etc... If we all get on it now just think what we will all be accomplishing 6 months down the line.

All the best pal,

Ian.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-16-2014), The.Drifter (01-16-2014), The_Durben (01-16-2014)

Yes, Phonegap is also a plugin in Dreamweaver, but there was something (a long time ago) that put me off using it. Maybe time to look again.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-16-2014), The_Durben (01-16-2014)

Yes, Phonegap is also a plugin in Dreamweaver, but there was something (a long time ago) that put me off using it. Maybe time to look again.
    pardon me while I grin like a ******* child on Christmas. Just because of the potential. if all you coders and designers released a native running weather app. With some beautiful animation and deep os integration. This could be huge. Combining the functionality of native ios, with multiple options of weather feed, and of course the beautiful animations.... I hope others see the potential! Even ND would have nothing to stress over (with multiple feeds and gps harnessing methods)

THINK OF THE POWAH!!

Ran across this, sorry for the non linking link. Rushing. https://c.getsatisfaction.com/nitobi...n_into_pgb_one

Only had time to skim but this looks informatige
    Last edited by Azjonnyg; 01-16-2014 at 03:59 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (01-16-2014), King_O_Hill (01-16-2014), NewD (01-16-2014), The_Durben (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

This ^
    Durben what font you are using?

Testing new beta that also creates MyLocation.txt file!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (01-16-2014), chevymusclecar (01-16-2014), Mav1971 (01-16-2014), NewD (01-16-2014), sethbossfan (01-16-2014), SHARON1O (01-16-2014), The_Durben (01-16-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

This ^
    CRAP thanks
    I can't believe I didn't get it to start with.

SORRY!!!!!!
    I did try, crash กกก
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (01-16-2014)

Hi Brian,
    I've been thinking that too.

Yes. In my testing 'one' that I know will cause the crash is 'time style'. Haven't tested any other strings yet. I'll keep us posted.

As always, you're an AMAZING resource, Ras..

Basically this will allow you to create tweaks/apps/widgets etc using good old html5, css & js for most platforms (iOS, Android, Blackberry etc), it's really great, you make the tweak and it will package it up for all these platforms, and you just need the very basics of Object-C.

I haven't attempted it yet but basically I could take the UniAW files, throw them into phone gap and it will make an app from it.

This has got to be interesting to you, King, Durben, Drifter, Dacal etc... If we all get on it now just think what we will all be accomplishing 6 months down the line.
    MIND • OFFICIALLY • BLOWN!!!

The possibilities running around in my hear are ENDLESS.. Wow.. can't wait to see how this develops.. But let's all be honest too.. Though we know, YOU, Ian - will give everything away for free... some of the rest of us are seeing 'App Store' DOLLAR SIGNS $$$

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (01-16-2014), lostinthemes (01-17-2014), SHARON1O (01-16-2014)

Hey MJ got it right putting her stuff on the App Store. No one can just download a repo and steal it. I can only imagine the amount of time these devs put into their work. To ask for a buck or two is very reasonable. Then they basically answer all your questions on modmyi for free. I wish my accountant was that nice.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Werty12 For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (01-16-2014), NewD (01-16-2014)

Installing Widget weather off cydia and going straight into Safe mode .. can't get it to work ; Any help?
    Downloading version 1.5-33 on iPhone 4 . Thanks
    EDIT : Deleted info.plist in my theme folder, now it's working .. Info.plist had only CalendarIconDayStyle key ... I really needed that plist .. Anything to get it widget weather working with info.plist? Thanks again
    Last edited by Shinchan.Nohara; 01-16-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Hey MJ got it right putting her stuff on the App Store. No one can just download a repo and steal it. I can only imagine the amount of time these devs put into their work. To ask for a buck or two is very reasonable. Then they basically answer all your questions on modmyi for free. I wish my accountant was that nice.
    My point exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchan.Nohara View Post
    Installing Widget weather off cydia and going straight into Safe mode .. can't get it to work ; Any help?
    Downloading version 1.5-33 on iPhone 4 . Thanks
    EDIT : Deleted info.plist in my theme folder, now it's working .. Info.plist had only CalendarIconDayStyle key ... I really needed that plist .. Anything to get it widget weather working with info.plist? Thanks again
    Can you recreate it and send the crash log/syslog to me through Cydia?

Can you recreate it and send the crash log/syslog to me through Cydia?
    How to get crash log ?

I have done a search can someone please tell me if there is a animated widget weather unaiw that works on i5s ios7 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy88 View Post
    Durben what font you are using?
    My own

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (01-16-2014), Heine (01-16-2014), nik1975 (01-16-2014), SHARON1O (01-16-2014)

Page 110 of 216 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100108109110111112 120 160 210 ... LastLast