Page 109 of 216 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99107108109110111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. To change options of an iWidget you have to delete from screen and start again.
    That's what I thought but wanted to check to be sure. Thanks Grant

Still rocking with it. Thanks Durben and everyone involved in WW

IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-22-2014), The_Durben (01-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,405 Posts

Off topic Gurus but have to ask, my NC doesn't show the weather and it resets all the time like wtf? I've tried the solution of changing the selection.plist to a .bak but again I respring and it's right back to reset. Frustrating as h**l. Sorry for the off topic gentlemen but this is really ticking me off

And what I mean by reset is putting say Phone, Messages, and Calendar to show, after it resets I have to go back in to include them again

[QUOTE=Simon;6983832]Cool Yes, this is my 5S

Dbweather ios7 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnb07t8tVqY[/QUOTE

Awesome widget! Where can I download?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Off topic Gurus but have to ask, my NC doesn't show the weather and it resets all the time like wtf? I've tried the solution of changing the selection.plist to a .bak but again I respring and it's right back to reset. Frustrating as h**l. Sorry for the off topic gentlemen but this is really ticking me off

And what I mean by reset is putting say Phone, Messages, and Calendar to show, after it resets I have to go back in to include them again
    A problem after jailbreaking for some. I had it and fixed but I've also restored since and been fine.
    Try this
    [Guide] Fix NC Weather without resetting : jailbreak

EDIT

Mobile Substrate updated today (Jan 15) fixes this. Also removes the package above repo if you had it installed.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 01-15-2014 at 04:03 PM.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (01-15-2014), It's Mi (01-22-2014), lostinthemes (01-15-2014), Mav1971 (01-15-2014), NewdestinyX (01-15-2014), RKO1195 (01-15-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Widget Weather

Original Post ^

Updated the link. Fixed up some text and a few other things.
    Can't post a new screen cause I'm too lazy to remove a theme I'm running...
    I don't have to guess what theme your running do I? LOL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (01-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,504 Times in 4,312 Posts

Hi WW team,

I have no idea how WW was coded, so I'm just guessing how Stephen did this and thought I might add something for future updates/Idea's:

The "navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition" method (Position object), specifically the coordinates object actually has an "Accuracy" property which if also recorded to the .xml file could display exactly In meters how accurate your position is, then Grant would know all things.
    But again I don't know if this is how WW get's it's info off the iPhone, I think it must be though.

It could also display your heading & speed if you were traveling. I guess you could code it so if results were null (i.e. you're not moving) don't display anything, but if != null display the info.

I'm not sure if ".geolocation.getCurrentPosition" works with the parameter "enableHighAccuracy" (Boolean) or not, I do know this parameter is available in "geolocation.watchPosition", but I don't think this is used here?.

I also don't know if WW was coded with a "setInterval" to refresh the coordinates? If so I think you could get bests results using the "geolocation.watchPosition" with "enableHighAccuracy" set to true. The "geolocation.watchPosition" also has a built in timeout option which could be useful.

In my learning of Object-C I already made a very simple (alert only) iPhone app (in simulator) which displays all the above info & more (timestamp, altitude & altitudeAccuracy)

I am VERY VERY new to Object-C, (but am learning) so forgive me if all this is completely wrong.

I still have to install and play with the latest WW update, looking forward to it, thanks to you'z all for a great idea realised.

Ian.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 01-15-2014 at 11:44 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (01-15-2014), Dexy88 (01-15-2014), Heine (01-15-2014), King_O_Hill (01-15-2014), lostinthemes (01-17-2014), sethbossfan (01-15-2014), Simon (01-15-2014), The.Drifter (01-15-2014), The_Durben (01-15-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sethbossfan, what tweak is the "google searchbar"? Looks verry Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hipperd View Post
    Sethbossfan, what tweak is the "google searchbar"? Looks verry Nice
    Check NCSearch in Cydia. Its an NC widget. You need Dashboard X.
    ** I'm still on iOS 6 though.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 01-15-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Thanks

Thats why winterboard is go into safemode.
    I'll have to wait until it is ios 7 ready.

WB going into safe mode is usually caused by an active theme with an old info.plist file in it. Rename all your info.plist files in any of the active themes and you might be good!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

SHARON1O (01-15-2014)

Thanks

i don't have any themes installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi WW team,

I have no idea how WW was coded, so I'm just guessing how Stephen did this and thought I might add something for future updates/Idea's:

The "navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition" method (Position object), specifically the coordinates object actually has an "Accuracy" property which if also recorded to the .xml file could display exactly In meters how accurate your position is, then Grant would know all things.
    But again I don't know if this is how WW get's it's info off the iPhone, I think it must be though.

It could also display your heading & speed if you were traveling. I guess you could code it so if results were null (i.e. you're not moving) don't display anything, but if != null display the info.

I'm not sure if ".geolocation.getCurrentPosition" works with the parameter "enableHighAccuracy" (Boolean) or not, I do know this parameter is available in "geolocation.watchPosition", but I don't think this is used here?.

I also don't know if WW was coded with a "setInterval" to refresh the coordinates? If so I think you could get bests results using the "geolocation.watchPosition" with "enableHighAccuracy" set to true. The "geolocation.watchPosition" also has a built in timeout option which could be useful.

Ian.
    WARNING - Long post here... If the word 'reverse geocode' means nothing to you.. Don't take time to read. Ian - please read.

Ian, you're my HERO!! .. I am very grateful for what I have now - and don't want to put any undo load on SDDev - as he's already created a brilliant tweak that, now, with my 5S, works as I always wanted it to - in the MACRO. In the Micro - as you know - I'm always wanting to push things. So the 'set interval' angle sounds interesting to me. When I first downloaded Ras' Geolocation Cydget - I saw it running 'in real time' as I was just walking around my house. Down to the 7th decimal place of lat/long coordinates it was constantly running which is actually showing you how sensitive the GPS antenna is ON our iPhones.

With my Newd Ultimate Location iWidget - I designed it and coded it to be able to auto-infer political boundary location (city, neighborhood, township, CDP) down to the smallest pinpoint. With Google as the JSON call I can get down to street level info, within a block, of current location. Because I KNOW it CAN be done - I want it - for my own development needs as a widget designer now. There are other widgets I want to build- like eventually an iWidget that will show you what eateries you're near. I will be able to do this with Google as the JSON.

When Brian and King made the roadmap for WW to be developed it was primarily for Weather widgets. And Apple for sure offers us data, already from Yahoo, that with SDDev's help, they've grabbed. Never any downtime. But my widgets, necessarily need to be JSON call based to get more political boundary data... Google is right for that job and also 'never goes down' from all I've read. AND my PRIMARY need is ONLY reverse geocoding (global location finding). I need NO weather data for what I want to do.

So in a sense -- I don't need ALL that WW does for my goals.. I just need a TWEAK that can grab me coordinates in a INTERVAL I CAN SET 'right down to 'updating an XML or TXT file every 2 seconds if I want it to.. WW, in a sense, is a bit 'over-qualified' for what I need it to do. I really only grab the lat/long coordinates from it - and for a few comparisons for city name I grab <city> and <extraLocNeighorborhood>. But that's all I use it for in my Newd Ultimate Location iWidget.

So Ian - if you wouldn't mind sending me your little tweaks as .debs -- and I'm happy to play around with them and see if I can parse data from them for my purposes.

I sense, that no matter what the settings for GPS Distance Filter and Accuracy filter, that I set WW for.. The XML 'updating' is happening way less than what I need it to... Again for 'my purposes'..

The closest I get to what I need - is a 'snapshot' action I'm creating with MyLocation app set to GPS on and SIG CHANGE on - where I enter the app and then quit it. In that exact moment the myLocation.txt updates to the exact pinpoint location my car is. And when I send those coordinates through my Google JSON - I get all the correct political boundaries down to the block of the street I'm on. That's the level of accuracy I eventually want.

I do not believe Widget Weather needs this level of accuracy or time update interval to do 'its' job well. But for my iWidget - I do. And I'm convinced now - that it will need to take a different tweak altogether to get what I need. And that's okay. ZERO complaints about WW here.. !! Not all tweaks can do all things - nor should they..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-15-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,
    Can I ask if Weather Widget is MyLocation?
    I have read a lot of this post and copied a repo into Cydia form this post but I can fined a app / tweak anything called Weather Widget other then a Weather Widget Lockscreen which I am thinking isn't what is spoken about here.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Hello,
    I have read a lot of this post and copied a repo into Cydia form this post but I can fined a app / tweak anything called Weather Widget other then a Weather Widget Lockscreen which I am thinking isn't what is spoken about here.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks
    Try the other way, widget weater ;-)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Heine For This Useful Post:

n0m0n (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Hello,

Or am I wrong?

Thanks
    Get rid of the " " (space) when you're typing in Cydia.

Search for: WidgetWeather

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

n0m0n (01-16-2014)

This ^

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (01-16-2014), King_O_Hill (01-15-2014), lostinthemes (01-17-2014), n0m0n (01-16-2014), SHARON1O (01-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,504 Times in 4,312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    WARNING - Long post here... If the word 'reverse geocode' means nothing to you.. Don't take time to read. Ian - please read.

Grant,

I'm just a beginner at this M8, far from ready to share anything, I didn't compile a deb file as I'm just playing, I just used the simulator in Xcode so it runs like an app, when I hit the home button it stops, I didn't make any code for passing any info to a text or xml file, I just wanted to see all the things I could access.

I don't know what Stephen uses but many dev's use Theos & not Xcode to make their tweaks, I opted for Xcode, but am really starting from scratch as we have zero .xcodeproj files for us to look through & learn from.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-15-2014), The_Durben (01-15-2014)

Grant,

I'm just a beginner at this M8, far from ready to share anything, I didn't compile a deb file as I'm just playing, I just used the simulator in Xcode so it runs like an app, when I hit the home button it stops, I didn't make any code for passing any info to a text or xml file, I just wanted to see all the things I could access.

I don't know what Stephen uses but many dev's use Theos & not Xcode to make their tweaks, I opted for Xcode, but am really starting from scratch as we have zero .xcodeproj files for us to look through & learn from.
    All good, bro. Take your time.. No rush. What you learn - please share ., that's all I'm askin'

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-15-2014)

Grant,

Ian, have you seen that new tweak that was just released that adds "seasons" to lock and home screen? This is a .deb and is like an extremely simple Uni I dunno how hard it is to decompile a deb but might be a good starting place, MMI did a write up on it

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-15-2014)

Page 109 of 216 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99107108109110111 119 159 209 ... LastLast