Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It's impossible for u to not have had this issue because its not like u are running a different phone than me. So, if I'm having this problem than 99.99% of users are having this as well.
    Are you being ironic ?
    You had the problem. And couldn't reproduce it in reinstalling the tweak. Doesn't that prove the above statement of yours to be wrong ? You can't mean those numbers. As The.Drifter said, there'd be a lot more complaints on this thread if it caused that issue for 99.99% users.
    He thing with jailbreak is devs don't comply to other tweaks' code and tweak incompatibility is very common. Hence the risk of staying stuck in safe mode or on the apple boot logo.
    I feel I had to say this cause even in the case you're writing this so as to provoke NewDestinyX, the thread authors IMO don't deserve readers to be mislead by such statements.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 07-06-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

@Alfroggy. Everything I said about my experience has been true. The 99.99% is just a joke man. I also said on my original post that I tried it again and so far so good.

I thought the fact that I said I'm trying it again would be enough for everyone to know that the 99.99% comment was in jest. I even posted a screenshot of me running it on the Coffee Diary thread saying this.

I also don't know what u mean by "provoke NewDestiny". I have never done that before so why would I start now.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-06-2013 at 11:05 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-06-2013), King_O_Hill (07-06-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

Ok thanks for clearing that up Krima

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-06-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

Al, don't believe a word that Krima says.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), Krima (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Al, don't believe a word that Krima says.
    Geeze King, I'm trying to establish myself as a serious modder here. No need to destroy my credibility like this.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 456 Posts

@Drifter (or anyone with the know how)

I'm trying to get the time, date, etc horizonal. Do u need to view the plist or is there a general operation?
    Thanks.

SIGPIC SIGPIC

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The 8th Immortal For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The 8th Immortal View Post
    @Drifter (or anyone with the know how)

I'm trying to get the time, date, etc horizonal. Do u need to view the plist or is there a general operation?
    Thanks.

This is what you will need to add to the css for the display element you want to rotate:

Code:
    -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);
    You can add this to each element you want rotated individually, or create a container and add this to the container's css to rotate all the elements within that container

--------------------------------------------------------------

Installed the battery tweak and now I can't get out of safe mode. A little concerned.

Edited. Had to run a terminal command to force it out of permanent safe mode. Unfortunately I can't run the tweak. So sad.

Edited V2. Ok I tried it again and so far so good. I just hope it's stable.
    OK, humor me, please tell me exactly at what point the Safe Mode issue occurred.

Was it at the point of installing the Deb?
    Was it during the First reboot after the Deb installation?
    Was it trying to run one of the battery Widgets?

A little more info would help Matchstic diagnose any issues concerning the deb.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I had a safe mode loop myself, but thought it was a combo of things I was testing. But removing the batt tweak fixed it.
    et tu Brutis? Now it make me wonder what tweaks you and Krima both have in common that would cause this.

Maybe the BattStats.dylib isnt playing nice with the Newest version of the Native weather Tweak? I cannot test that tweak combination anymore since I only have my iPad Mini Jailbroken and the iPads dont have a native weather app.

For a test, can you un-install the native tweak and see if the BatteryStats deb installs without your safe mode issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Are you being ironic ?
    You had the problem. And couldn't reproduce it in reinstalling the tweak. Doesn't that prove the above statement of yours to be wrong ? You can't mean those numbers. As The.Drifter said, there'd be a lot more complaints on this thread if it caused that issue for 99.99% users.
    He thing with jailbreak is devs don't comply to other tweaks' code and tweak incompatibility is very common. Hence the risk of staying stuck in safe mode or on the apple boot logo.
    I feel I had to say this cause even in the case you're writing this so as to provoke NewDestinyX, the thread authors IMO don't deserve readers to be mislead by such statements.
    Thank you for this reply, general statements like Krimas and Kings cant help anyone diagnose possible compatibility issues.

Seems to work great for 99.9 percent of us (Since we all love quoting general unsubstantiated percentages)

it also seems that Krima and King are the exception now. However, they do share one commonality, both are testing a New Native Weather tweak, perhaps the issue is a compatibility issues between the new Native Tweak and the Battery Stats Tweak.

Perhaps one of them will test that assumption and remove the Native weather tweak and try installing the BatteryStats.deb to see if the safe mode issue duplicates when the Native Tweak is removed.

That will then give Matchstic something viable to work with in trying to resolve compatibility issues.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-07-2013 at 07:29 AM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Phre57 (07-07-2013), Project5 (07-07-2013), The 8th Immortal (07-07-2013)

@TheDrifter. Ok here is what happened. I installed the tweak using ifile, then I rebooted my phone. I downloaded your static battery widget and was moving some stuff around in CSS to match my current theme. I activated it and all was good. So far about 5 to 10 minutes have passed. I locked my phone and then immediately went to unlock it and it wouldn't respond. My display wouldn't come on so I did a hard reboot. After this my phone went into safe mode and then it boot looped and then got stuck on the apple logo. So, I rebooted my phone and held the up volume button so I could get into my phone. I then removed the tweak but my phone wouldn't get out of this native state. I then had to use terminal to run a safe mode command to force it into safe mode and then I simply restarted it and viola, my phone was back.

I then downloaded it again, don't know why since I had a scare, and it has been working fine now. I hope you didn't take offense to my comment earlier. Was this enough of an explanation?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Project5 (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

@TheDrifter. Ok here is what happened. I installed the tweak using ifile, then I rebooted my phone. I downloaded your static battery widget and was moving some stuff around in CSS to match my current theme. I activated it and all was good. So far about 5 to 10 minutes have passed. I locked my phone and then immediately went to unlock it and it wouldn't respond. My display wouldn't come on so I did a hard reboot. After this my phone went into safe mode and then it boot looped and then got stuck on the apple logo. So, I rebooted my phone and held the up volume button so I could get into my phone. I then removed the tweak but my phone wouldn't get out of this native state. I then had to use terminal to run a safe mode command to force it into safe mode and then I simply restarted it and viola, my phone was back.

I then downloaded it again, don't know why since I had a scare, and it has been working fine now. I hope you didn't take offense to my comment earlier. Was this enough of an explanation?
    So the Batterystats deb install process went flawless the first time around and the iWidget worked?

The safe mode issue occurred after you made some changes to a CSS ?

After you got it running the second time around, did you use the same widget that you made the changes in the CSS to and it's working fine now?

Very strange... Don't know what to tell you mate, just glad your up and running
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Project5 (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    So the Batterystats deb install process went flawless the first time around and the iWidget worked?

The safe mode issue occurred after you made some changes to a CSS ?

After you got it running the second time around, did you use the same widget that you made the changes in the CSS to and it's working fine now?

Very strange... Don't know what to tell you mate, just glad your up and running
    Yes the install went fine the first time. The changes I'm sure had nothing to do with it because it was just some CSS altering and I used the same widget the second time. Thanks for the reply.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Project5 (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

Now for some bad news, I signed up for the Apple Developers program and have downloaded the new IOS7 SDK.

I am planning on developing apps and tweaks through X-code as part of my coding evolution.

Since I would like to develop IOS7 apps and tweaks for the iPad Mini as well, I'm going to forgo my jailbreak on my Mini and the result will mean that I no longer will have a jailbroken device to develop IOS6 iWidgets anymore.

What this does mean it that after IOS7 is jailbroken, that I will return with an additional coding skill set that should allow me to release better quality, more useful widgets

Thanks again everybody for your support of all my past coding work

The 5100+ Thanks I got in 693 posts tells me that I was doing something right

Hopefully you will love the results of my coding evolution as well Take care everybody and see you on the IOS7 Flip side !
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-07-2013 at 08:16 AM.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), DannyZ83 (07-07-2013), Jato_BZ (07-28-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Krima (07-07-2013), Matchstic (07-07-2013), Mav1971 (07-09-2013), nik1975 (07-07-2013), Phre57 (07-07-2013), Project5 (07-07-2013), RKO1195 (07-07-2013), Shinchan.Nohara (07-26-2013), TeddyDiesel (07-07-2013), The 8th Immortal (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

That's awesome man. Thanks for everything u did for the community. I know that 99.99% of users enjoyed them. . Good luck in your future endeavors. Will be keeping an eye out for your projects.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), RKO1195 (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

Now for some bad news, I signed up for the Apple Developers program and have downloaded the new IOS7 SDK.

I am planning on developing apps and tweaks through X-code as part of my coding evolution.

Since I would like to develop IOS7 apps and tweaks for the iPad Mini as well, I'm going to forgo my jailbreak on my Mini and the result will mean that I no longer will have a jailbroken device to develop IOS6 iWidgets anymore.

What this does mean it that after IOS7 is jailbroken, that I will return with an additional coding skill set that should allow me to release better quality, more useful widgets

Thanks again everybody for your support of all my past coding work

The 5100+ Thanks I got in 693 posts tells me that I was doing something right

Hopefully you will love the results of my coding evolution as well Take care everybody and see you on the IOS7 Flip side !
    Thank you The.Drifter for all you've done. It's awesome of you to have been that dedicated to us jailbreakers. See you once the future FW's unjailed.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 07-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (07-28-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 456 Posts

I signed up for the Apple Developers program and have downloaded the new IOS7 SDK.

I will return with an additional coding skill set that should allow me to release better quality, more useful widgets
    Very nice. Always strive to improve ones self.

This is what you will need to add to the css for the display element you want to rotate:

Code:
    -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);
    You can add this to each element you want rotated individually, or create a container and add this to the container's css to rotate all the elements within that container

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks alot bro.
    Last edited by The 8th Immortal; 07-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The 8th Immortal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

Hi all

Been a little while since I last looked at this thread, sorry about that. As drifter has said, I've been working on a GPS/Speed/direction tweak recently. To be absolutely honest, it's been very slow progress, and to even test it I have to downgrade my i4 back down from iOS 7, which as you can imagine is a right pain

For those who've been having Safe Mode issues with the last update, would you be able to install both CrashReporter and 'syslogd to /var/log/syslog' from Cydia please, then reinstall the latest version. When it crashes again, head over to CrashReporter, and send me both the syslog and the crash log - my email is [email protected]. Cheers!

@The.Drifter Sorry to see you go for now mate, but if you need any help with obj-c just give me a shout - it's a very fun language to learn, but not when you're faced with a ton of EXEC_BAD_ACCESS's in the crash logs!

And to everyone, cheers to you for running with this, it's honestly great to see what has been made! I'll be carrying on with the GPS version, but for now, I'm going to simply combine the two current tweaks and stick them on Cydia, and then maintain links from that package to this thread. However, this is always up for debate, I'm happy to go with whatever you guys all feel should be done with them, I just feel that maybe through Cydia will be the best way to get them

Also, I have my own proper repo now (running on a Raspberry Pi!) at http://matchsticrepo.zapto.org although it's still a work in progress, so I'd highly advise not to add it for at least a few days the separate versions will be hosted on there, as well as on the links currently on this thread.
    Last edited by Matchstic; 07-10-2013 at 01:12 PM.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), meth357 (07-14-2013), Phre57 (07-07-2013), Project5 (07-08-2013), RKO1195 (07-07-2013), The 8th Immortal (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

Great to have them on Cydia Matchstic. Good stuff.

I'm (slowly) workin' on a lockscreen battery for this tweak
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 07-07-2013 at 11:44 AM.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Matchstic (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), UNLOCKZ (07-14-2013)

Drifter,

Exactly why I didn't report my issue. I also think I did a respring instead of a reboot. If I thought my experience was something that could have helped you, I would have reported it right away. I only posted it just to show that it is possible to have an issue when no one else was.

Matchstic,

I do have crash reporter installed, but as I stated above, I don't think it had anything to do with your tweak. I will be reinstalling it and will let you know either way. I am just testing/helping/fixing too much other stuff for people.

Brian
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 07-07-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

I'm running the weather tweak along with battery stats and have not had any safe modes.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), TEK_2012 (08-22-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I'm running the weather tweak along with battery stats and have not had any safe modes.
    What I don't understand is why after I reinstalled the tweak it is working fine now.

When I posted my first comment I thought people would have wanted to know my experience.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-07-2013), King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

What I don't understand is why after I reinstalled the tweak it is working fine now.

When I posted my first comment I thought people would have wanted to know my experience.
    I don't know either man. Poorly timed safe mode caused by something else?
    Could be a bunch of things.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), Krima (07-07-2013), The.Drifter (07-07-2013)

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast