+ Reply
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
edit -- Shoot - realized I was running the wrong damn thing.. Where IS the link for Steph's LS mod? Been through the whole thread - can't find it?
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

edit --
    Shoot - realized I was running the wrong damn thing.. Where IS the link for Steph's LS mod? Been through the whole thread - can't find it?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi Drifter and Newdestinyx,First of all thank you for your consideration what could be my problem with the high battery consumption and the hot display.So I do not play with my phone and I do not look for hours, the animations on my display. On my SB I have the Uniaw6.3 scroll. (PerPage version). But I already had it as my battery has kept a very long time. Sorry, but the problems started when I loaded only on the battery and Ram file from drifters. Unfortunately then my iphone goes sometimes in the exit safe mod. But as other have downloaded these files and not have these problems, I guess I've done something wrong. That's why I also wanted to once again know exactly what I need to do first, second, third, etc. to clean to install the files.So I do not think that it is up to Steph's or Ian's Mod. But I will continue to try everything it finally runs smoothly for me too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scooterfips View Post
    hi Drifter and Newdestinyx,First of all thank you for your consideration what could be my problem with the high battery consumption and the hot display.So I do not play with my phone and I do not look for hours, the animations on my display. On my SB I have the Uniaw6.3 scroll. (PerPage version). But I already had it as my battery has kept a very long time. Sorry, but the problems started when I loaded only on the battery and Ram file from drifters. Unfortunately then my iphone goes sometimes in the exit safe mod. But as other have downloaded these files and not have these problems, I guess I've done something wrong. That's why I also wanted to once again know exactly what I need to do first, second, third, etc. to clean to install the files.So I do not think that it is up to Steph's or Ian's Mod. But I will continue to try everything it finally runs smoothly for me too.
    Hmm. So the high battery consumption issue ONLY started when you loaded Battery/Ram stats iWidgets and their dylib files? Interesting.

For what it's worth - I run Drifter/Matchtic's iWidgets and no problems here at all. There's definitely something unique to your phone and combination of tweaks, Scooter, that's causing your problems. That was my first feedback to you and I'm staying with my original assessment.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Site 10 Thread 191 Newdestinyx

Hmm. So the high battery consumption issue ONLY started when you loaded Battery/Ram stats iWidgets and their dylib files? Interesting

YES

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Site 10 Thread 191 Newdestinyx

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    Hmm. So the high battery consumption issue ONLY started when you loaded Battery/Ram stats iWidgets and their dylib files? Interesting
    YES
    I don't know what Site 10/Thread 191 is referring to?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

just press on the picture then you can upload it down

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

just press on the picture then you can upload it down
    Okay. I have it now. Just started running it on my LS.. I'll report back later today. I should say that I'm running the LS version from within LockHTML2 and not Winterboard. But that shouldn't make any difference in checking battery drain. It's still resources running.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Been running Steph's LS now for almost 3 hours. Battery's moved from 91% to 85%. I assure you, Scooter, the problem is not with UniAW or Drifter/Matchstic's iWidgets. I'm running it all and a very complex UniAW SB widget. Nowhere near your battery drain. You'll need to look for an answer elsewhere.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

...i have the same issues, my phone is very hot sometimes, since i have the battery/ram thing installed.
    And i have more battery drain than before :/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to j0k3r For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Ooo.. I should add to this discussion and experimentation - that I DO NOT yet have the RAM stats Dylib installed. ONLY the Battery Stats dylib and iWidget. Maybe that's also affecting my results compared to others.

Currently running Steph's LS via LockHTML2 , and UniAW6.3scroll2 on my Springboard, with 3 of Drifter's Individual Elements and the Battery stats iWid also running on my SB.. I have no crazy battery drain nor any hotness in the back of my phone. That seems to isolate the problem to only the RAM stats Dylib & iWid - at least on j0k3r and Scooter's phones.

Agreed, Drifter?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,299 Times in 3,839 Posts

@NewDestiny Yep that's something to be noted I'm sure. Might add to the difference.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

Thanks for the information and testing everybody

I did a little testing on my own today as well. I changed all my timings in both the RAM and Battery prefs and the Stats javascript to 1 second each. That means the dylib updates the txt file every second and the JavaScript queries the text file every second. Been running in that state on both my iPad Mini and my iPod Touch 4G since this morning. I don't seem to be getting any device slowdown, no major increase in RAM consumption and no major increase in battery consumption on either device. So I honestly cannot produce the high battery consumption or Heat that scooter and jok3r are experiencing by manipulating the timings to 1 second. If it were the RAM or Battery dylib tweaks or widgets by themselves, then setting it up with those timings should have produced a more noticeable effect on my two devices.

So without knowing what tweak combinations are installed and the setup state on either of scotters or jok3rs devices, all I can do is now guess and surmise.

If you suspect the RAM or Battery widgets and/or tweaks, try adjusting all the associated timing to higher numbers and see if that makes a difference. Maybe try running one of the default combined RAM and Battery iWidgets I posted and not run any UniAW at all to see if we can narrow it down some more. If that produces no difference, then uninstall the tweaks in Cydia and see if that helps. If it does help after uninstalling, then it appears to be some sort of conflict between the RAM and/or Battery and and a existing tweak common on both devices experiencing those issue. I just figured that it might be the UniAW mod because that was the only other thing in common.

There's been 141 downloads of the battery widget and 78 downloads of the RAM widget as of 5 minutes ago and only a few posted issues issues with high battery consumption or Heat issues. If this was a common problem caused by the Battery or RAM dylibs and associated widgets, then I'm sure this thread would have exploded with more comments stating such.

Again, without knowing the tweaks currently installed or how their devices are setup (Stats timings, push, Bluetooth, location service etc...), I can only guess as to what the issue might be. Makes it real hard to troubleshoot if I cannot reproduce those issues on any of my devices. Sorry you guys are experiencing issues, but I cannot pin it to the Ram or Battery tweaks either after my testing today. Something else must be going on with your devices, and I can only guess as to what it is.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Matchstic (07-04-2013), NewdestinyX (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013), The_Durben (07-05-2013), VOLTAGExDT (07-06-2013)

Thanks

hello, who can help? I need a tip times.what exactly is meant by "After you download the deb file, copy it to your device and use iFiles installer to install the dylib. dylib Now restart your device to activate properly."?what is and where can I find the dylib? and where on the device I want to copy the dylib out?The file I downloaded is still a zip-file. and when I see these called unzip any file dylib. when I go to the zip file I will install among other things offered. That's what I did.I will also battery and Ram displayed (see picture) but my iphone 4s is very warm and the battery sucks a lot of power. and from time to time the phone hangs up. Something's wrong with the installation. But what?I have installliert. The old link from cydia previously uninstalled!
    Alter re reading your post a couple times, I'm wondering how you got the RAM or Battery Stats installed.

This is the part in confused about:

The file I downloaded is still a zip-file. and when I see these called unzip any file dylib. when I go to the zip file I will install among other things offered. That's what I did.
    What program are you using to unzip? For a Deb package, you shouldn't need to unzip anything. If you did manage to unzip the Deb package what did you copy and where? Something is amiss here, and I can't pin down how you managed to install it.

--------------------------------------------------

Here are some step by step instructions to perhaps in un-install and correctly reinstall the Stats tweaks correctly.

1) Go to Cydia, find your installed BatteryStats and RamStats tweaks and remove them. Cydia will then prompt for a restart springboard.

2) Use iFile on your device or a program called ifunbox (google it, its free) on your computer and browse to the following location:

Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ folder

Make sure there is no BatteryStats.dylib, BatteryStats.plist, RAMStats.dylib, or RAMStats.plist there, if they are still there delete them.

3) Now browse to the following location:

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ folder

Make sure there is no BatteryStats-prefs.plist or RAMStats-prefs.plist files there, if they are delete them.

4) now for good measure Reboot your device. The above steps should now clear your device of any previous installs of the Ram or battery tweaks.

----------------------------

Steps to install both tweaks again, I recommend using your computer for the first 2 steps, then copy the files to you iPhone for the next steps to finish the install.

1) From your computer, Download from the first post Matchstics 2 Deb files. You should have the following 2 files after you download them: "com.matchstic.BatteryStats_current.deb" and a "com.matchstic.RAMStats_1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb" That's the tweak install packages.

2) Using ifunbox on your computer click on "Raw File System" and copy both files to your iPhone.

3) Now use iFile on your iPhone and go to the / directory, you should see the 2 files you just copied.

4) click on the "com.matchstic.BatteryStats_current.deb" file, you will see a Installer option, click on that, iFile will then install the Battery tweak and it's files to their correct locations and finish with a results:0.

5) click on the "com.matchstic.RAMStats_1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb" file, you will see a Installer option, click on that, iFile will then install the RAM tweak and it's files to their correct locations and finish with a results:0.

6) now that the tweaks are installed correctly into the right file locations, you will need to Reboot your device. This step will activate the tweaks and allow them to write the first txt files that we use to display your stats info.

7) after you do your Reboot, you can confirm they are installed correctly by going to Cydia, then your installed packages and you should see the BatteryStats tweak, click on it and it should be version 1.3, now click on the RAMStats tweak, that should be version 1.1

8) now that you tweaks are installed correctly you can adjust your timings for a more conservative mode.

Browse to the

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/

folder using iFile.

9) click onto the BatteryStats-prefs.plist, and open it with the Text Viewer option. Change the value between the <real> </real> to 30. (This will tell the Battery tweak to update its txt file every 30 seconds)

10) click onto the RAMStats-prefs.plist, and open it with the Text Viewer option. Change the value between the <real> </real> to 30. (This will tell the RAM tweak to update its txt file every 30 seconds)

11) respring your device, this will update the timing setting the tweak will now use.

So this is how you correctly un-install and install the 2 tweaks and how to adjust their timings to write to the text files.

---------------------------------------

Now download one of my combined iWidget versions, I recommend the mini static version for your next test.

Copy the iWidget to your var/mobile/Library/iWidgets folder.

Now open the iWidgets Javascripts/Stats.js using iFiles text viewer.

You will see this a:

refreshBatteryTimer line,

edit it to look like this:

refreshBatteryTimer = setTimeout(Battery, 30*1000);

The 30 is your timer for the widget to check your battery.txt file and get the new info for your display. (This is now set to check every 30 seconds)

Now scroll down a little further and you will see this a

refreshMemoryTimer line,

edit it to look like this:

refreshMemoryTimer = setTimeout(Memory, 30*1000);

The 30 is your timer for the widget to check your RAM.txt file and get the new info for your display. (This is now set to check every 30 seconds)

Respring for the iWidgets new settings to update on your iPhone.

Now you have your tweaks installed correctly and you set them to refresh their text files every 30 seconds and the iWidget will check those text files every 30 seconds.

Run this setup for awhile to see it this fresh install and new timing settings helps
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013), scooterfips (07-05-2013), The_Durben (07-05-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just messing around with this what ya think ImageUploadedByModMyi1372984417.464580.jpg

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Megagizmo89 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megagizmo89 View Post
    Just messing around with this what ya think Attachment 644060
    Those are all very Cool Please share them when you are ready

30. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-06-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

If you select in ifile, it will unpackage just like a zip file if you go that route.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If you select in ifile, it will unpackage just like a zip file if you go that route.
    But you would have to manually place the files into the correct locations then, right?

Not the same as using iFiles installer. With Installer, It will unpackaged and place the files in their respective locations, set ownerships and permissions correctly and maintain symbolic links.

The new Battery Deb file make a symbolic link of the BatteryStats.txt to its new location in the new Stats folder to maintain compatibility with the current crop of widgets, I don't think that would be preserved by unzipping and placing the files manually.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-04-2013 at 08:12 PM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

I agree with ya bro. I was just pointing out that it is possible. Not very efficient, but possible.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,350 Times in 1,488 Posts

I just download it and open in iFile. When the menu prompts up to zip viewer etc. There is a installer option. Click on that and let the deb file install.

After that click done. Reboot your device. Make sure you have iwidgets. After that just enable like any other iwidgets on the springboard.

I'm using the widget and I'm not having any issues at all. Even change the battery images here and there.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-05-2013), King_O_Hill (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013), The.Drifter (07-05-2013)

Thanks

hallo Drifter,
    thanks for the great instructions. I have not in var/mobile/libary/Preferences the BatteryStats-prefs.plist-only the RamStars-prefs.plist.
    otherwise I stuck exactly to your instrctions and will Report back if I still have the Problems. Many thanks again for your help.

Great, it works. No hot iphone and the battery consumption is back to normal. Thank you, Thank you, Thank Drifters.Following your instructions everything worked out really good.I think the mistake was to unpack the.
    Last edited by scooterfips; 07-05-2013 at 07:08 AM.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-05-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013)