+ Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by j0k3r I can only find "/var/mobile/Library/iWidgets/Drifters Mini Static Info Stats Bar/JavaScript/stats. js " and i found the line :" refreshBatteryTimer = setTimeout(Battery, 15*1000);" what does 15*1000 mean?
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,983 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    I can only find "/var/mobile/Library/iWidgets/Drifters Mini Static Info Stats Bar/JavaScript/stats.js" and i found the line :" refreshBatteryTimer = setTimeout(Battery, 15*1000);" what does 15*1000 mean?
    Yes, that's the right one, I renamed the JavaScript stats.js for the combined versions. Sorry, I thought you were referring to just the battery widget.

The 15 is your seconds like King explained, for the combined versions you can independently change the RAM and Battery query's.

For my personal preference, I set the RAM prefs plist to 4 seconds and the Ram set timeout in the javascript to 5. I like a more responsive indicator. For my battery, I set the Battery prefs plist to 14 second and the battery set timeout to 15.

Lower numbers make for a faster widget update cycle, higher numbers will slow down the response level.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-02-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), scooterfips (07-03-2013), The_Durben (07-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I set the Battery prefs plist to 30 seconds and the battery set timeout to 31. My Battery goes down to 12%, but after 2 mins my widget is on 13%, it doesnt update the battery percent level, the BattetyStats.txt is 12 %.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to j0k3r For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-03-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Steph53940's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,124 Posts

hello everyones.
    A news battery 3leven on my lockscreen

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steph53940 For This Useful Post:

j0k3r (07-03-2013), King_O_Hill (07-03-2013), Phre57 (07-03-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), scooterfips (07-03-2013), VOLTAGExDT (07-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

steph looks good. as always great work :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    I set the Battery prefs plist to 30 seconds and the battery set timeout to 31. My Battery goes down to 12%, but after 2 mins my widget is on 13%, it doesnt update the battery percent level, the BattetyStats.txt is 12 %.
    Your right, seems to be doing it on my end now too
    Both for the mini static and mini flip combined versions.

Thanks for the heads up

Edit: figured it out

Updated my Original Links to V2 for those affected iWidgets.

Here is the new Static Version: Drifters Mini Static Info Stats Bar V2.zip

Here is the new Flip Version: Drifters Mini Flip Info Stats Bar V2.zip
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-03-2013 at 04:17 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-03-2013), j0k3r (07-03-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), Ramses2 (07-03-2013), RKO1195 (07-03-2013), The_Durben (07-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    JellyBean Battery iWidget Blue elite look MOD

Download Size: S // M // L // XL > (iPad only)

Thanks to all !!
    Unlockz. Could. U make thst small and medium one pink color it's in support for my friend she has. Cancer and this would complete my support from the elite team I want to show her we are giving her support. Ty if u can bro I'm on a 4s
    Last edited by wes44; 07-03-2013 at 12:23 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wes44 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

For those who downloaded Stephs Awesome LockScreen mod:

I have a fix for the RAM and Battery levels not updating as correctly as they should.

This fix is the same as the one I just posted earlier for my combined Battery and RAM iWidget versions which Steph incorporated into his LockScreen Mod.

Download and unzip this fixed Stats.js and replace the old one in Stephs LockScreens Battery/Javascript/ folder.

Drifters Fix for Stephs RAM and Battery Lockscreen Mod.zip

Sorry for any confusion that this issue has caused,
    hopefully everybody will enjoy all the updated versions now

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), King_O_Hill (07-03-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013), Steph53940 (07-03-2013), The_Durben (07-03-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Let me know what ya think am new on this but it looks Dope

ImageUploadedByModMyi1372902611.007478.jpg

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megagizmo89 For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megagizmo89 View Post
    Let me know what ya think am new on this but it looks Dope

Attachment 643984
    Very Cool ! I like it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-04-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Steph53940's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    For those who downloaded Stephs Awesome LockScreen mod:

I have a fix for the RAM and Battery levels not updating as correctly as they should.

This fix is the same as the one I just posted earlier for my combined Battery and RAM iWidget versions which Steph incorporated into his LockScreen Mod.

Download and unzip this fixed Stats.js and replace the old one in Stephs LockScreens Battery/Javascript/ folder.

Drifters Fix for Stephs RAM and Battery Lockscreen Mod.zip

Sorry for any confusion that this issue has caused,
    hopefully everybody will enjoy all the updated versions now

Hello and thank you my friend.
    I acknowledge that I do not have your talent.
    But all the time I try to do my best.
    Html, javascript and I are not friends lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Steph53940 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

hello, who can help? I need a tip times.what exactly is meant by "After you download the deb file, copy it to your device and use iFiles installer to install the dylib. dylib Now restart your device to activate properly."?what is and where can I find the dylib? and where on the device I want to copy the dylib out?The file I downloaded is still a zip-file. and when I see these called unzip any file dylib. when I go to the zip file I will install among other things offered. That's what I did.I will also battery and Ram displayed (see picture) but my iphone 4s is very warm and the battery sucks a lot of power. and from time to time the phone hangs up. Something's wrong with the installation. But what?I have installliert. The old link from cydia previously uninstalled!Here is the link to the Matchstic BatteryStats.dylib V1.3: http://goo.gl/Z2ccz For convenience in installation, Matchstic these together into a deb package to install all related files correctly.
    Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget-2013-07-04-11.02.53.png Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget-2013-07-04-11.14.18.png
    as can be seen within 12 minutes. 7% battery loss. is not normal.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scooterfips View Post
    hello, who can help? I need a tip times.what exactly is meant by "After you download the deb file, copy it to your device and use iFiles installer to install the dylib. dylib Now restart your device to activate properly."?what is and where can I find the dylib? and where on the device I want to copy the dylib out?The file I downloaded is still a zip-file. and when I see these called unzip any file dylib. when I go to the zip file I will install among other things offered. That's what I did.I will also battery and Ram displayed (see picture) but my iphone 4s is very warm and the battery sucks a lot of power. and from time to time the phone hangs up. Something's wrong with the installation. But what?I have installliert. The old link from cydia previously uninstalled!Here is the link to the Matchstic BatteryStats.dylib V1.3: http://goo.gl/Z2ccz For convenience in installation, Matchstic these together into a deb package to install all related files correctly.

A Deb file stands for Debian Package, which is a method of installing files to specific locations within your IOS file system. It is similar to a zip file in that it contains multiple files, but has the added benefit of being used to install software packages complete.

When you download the Deb file, you copy it where you can easily find it with iFile. You can place it anywhere, there is no specific place you need to place it, you just need to be able to browse to it with iFile to use iFiles "installer" program. Personally I just copy my Deb packages to the root directory or /,

Yes, you can use iFiles zip viewer to see the various files contained within the Deb package, but that will not install the files to the correct location. Thats the difference with using "zip viewer" and "installer" in iFile.

Once you use iFiles "installer" it will copy various files to different locations. For example, it will copy a BatteryStats.dylib into your MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder. BatteryStats.dylib is a tweak that runs under mobile substrate, similar to alot of other tweaks that you use. It is written in X-code and uses system libraries to do its work. A dylib is not something that the end user can modify, only the original tweak creator can modify that type of file.

When you install any Deb packages using iFile, Cydia will recognize that you installed a new tweak manually and add it to its list of installed packages:

Click on the new BatteryStats tweak and you will see it is treated just like any other tweak you installed through Cydia:

From here you can then uninstall the tweak or check out all the info about the tweak.

If you view the Filesystem Content from here you will be able to see all the files that iFiles "installer" placed on various locations on your system:

The only problem with installing tweaks manually using iFile is that iFile cannot overwrite files that are currently there. You will get a error 256 if you try to overwrite files. So you will have to go to Cydia, find the BatteryStats tweak in your installed list, click the BatteryStats tweak, and remove it first for within cydia. Cydia will then remove all the BatteryStats tweak files you installed using iFiles "installer" program.

Now that its removed, you can then load a newer version of the tweak by downloading the new Deb file and installing that again using iFiles "installer" program and not get any errors.

Once all the "InfoStats" versions are finished by Matchstic, he will upload the Final version to MMI's Repo to then be easily found and installed directly thru Cydia, thus negating the need to use iFile's "installer" method of adding these tweaks manually.

Currently we have released BatteryStats and RAMStats, but in the works are DiskStats and a GPS location Stats. Each will be released individually initially, but will be part of a combined package you can download directly from Cydia in the future.

So I hope this helps clarify what a Deb package is and how its used to install tweaks manually.

Attachment 643992 Attachment 643993
    as can be seen within 12 minutes. 7% battery loss. is not normal.
    Part of the Trade off in using any UniAW (Universal Animated Weather) weather version is that UniAW is very Animations heavy, and that eye candy that UniAW provides comes with the ability to suck all your battery. Animated birds, balloons, dandelions, windmills, clouds, even a moving second hand require that your iPhones Graphics processor is heavily used to produce those effects. So using any UniAW weather widget with all the graphic options on is similar to playing a animations heavy Game. Your using processing power and that produces heat and in turn drains your battery.

So yes, using any UniAW version (Stephs Lockscreen version included) will drain your battery and produce heat on your device. You have to decide if the UniAW eye candy is worth the battery expense on your particular device.

The Battery and RAM stats tweaks and Widgets by themselves are very light on system resources, and in turn will not cause the massive battery drain your experiencing. However, they will still use some system resources, similar to how IOS6 currently handles your StatusBar battery indicator and Battery percentage and how SBsettings displays your Free RAM dynamically. With our tweaks and Widgets you have the ability to adjust your timings on 2 ends, so you can custom tailor the display infos update sequence, something that you cannot currently do with IOS's StatusBar Battery indicator or SBsettings FreeRAM display.

Hopefully this helps clarify some of your current battery drain issue for you
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-04-2013 at 06:56 AM.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), MMCat (07-06-2013), NewdestinyX (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013), scooterfips (07-04-2013), VOLTAGExDT (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,499 Times in 4,305 Posts

Even after Drifter's thorough explanation , Scooter, I believe there's still something else causing your battery drain other than UniAW. A 7% drain in 12 minutes is not normal even when using UniAW. I use UniAW on my Springboard, which is the most resource intensive way to run it - with all features but the gif birds or second hand turned on. And I don't need a recharge (from my Mophie battery case) until about 9 hours of moderate usage into my day. Just to test recently - I turned the gif birds and second hand back on and it only lost me about 20 more minutes of battery time in comparison.

So it seems like you have another issue there other than UniAW. Do you keep Bluetooth on ? I do not. PUSH? I do keep that on now and it's factored into my time experiments mentioned.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-04-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Project5 (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Even after Drifter's thorough explanation , Scooter, I believe there's still something else causing your battery drain other than UniAW. A 7% drain in 12 minutes is not normal even when using UniAW. I use UniAW on my Springboard, which is the most resource intensive way to run it - with all features but the gif birds or second hand turned on. And I don't need a recharge (from my Mophie battery case) until about 9 hours of moderate usage into my day. Just to test recently - I turned the gif birds and second hand back on and it only lost me about 20 more minutes of battery time in comparison.

So it seems like you have another issue there other than UniAW. Do you keep Bluetooth on ? I do not. PUSH? I do keep that on now and it's factored into my time experiments mentioned.
    I guess your not running Stephs modded version with Timed walls or Slideshow on, the dandelion effects active, the animated birds, balloons, clouds and the active second hand?

Try downloading Stephs posted lockscreen version, and set it up with all those options enabled if you want to give accurate test results.

His version is more graphic intensive than the UniAW setup your using and describing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I guess you forget that you posted this on the UniAW thread eh?
    So where is the 9 hours you claim to be now getting? Why bother getting a Morphie Battery case then?
    Thank you for confirming my original post

Yep. Same here. I got a Mophie Battery case recently. And was running a combo of PanoWalls only from MJ and UniAW6.21_WB for animations only over top.. And with PUSH turned back on and most location services on - normal brightness and moderate usage I could get through a whole day and have 30% or so left. I'd have to use the Mophie to recharge around 4pm - but I'd end the day with 30% on iPhone and Mophie battery case empty.

Since onloading 6.3Scroll2-- and all other usage patterns identical - even with a MOPHIE BATTERY pack -- I need to now hit the recharge button on the Mophie around 2pm and yesterday had to go on the charger AGAIN before 10pm.. So that would have been TWO recharges in one day since 6.3Scroll2's addition.. LOL!!!!! Now that's a LOT of battery power UniAW is pulling.. But as Ian's said -- it's all about the eye candy..and there are tradeoffs.

I find if I turn off regular birds and all second hand options - UniAW runs a little less resource heavy.

Oh - and my BlueTooth is off all the time too. Now what's very interesting.. is that Ferlop's mods that used UniAW6.21 ran leaner than 6.21 itself. I don't know what Ferlop did in his mods to make that happen - but I tested a couple of time to be sure.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-04-2013 at 07:42 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013)

Thanks

thanks for the detailed explanation drifter.I know very well that many animations in uniaw much on battery suck.but without BatteryStats Ramstats and I had to for a consumption of about 4-5% overnight .. (From about 23:00 to 7:00 am). with uniawHere times my steps:I have the first BatterieStats.dylib V1.3 loaded.(the old version I have not previously loaded)then I went to installthen install the V1.1 RamStats.dylib here onand it was also to see everything in the LSbut in this case the problem began with the rapid consumption and the hot display.I forgot to activate something or to stop?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to scooterfips For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013)

Thanks

thanks for the detailed explanation drifter.I know very well that many animations in uniaw much on battery suck.but without BatteryStats Ramstats and I had to for a consumption of about 4-5% overnight .. (From about 23:00 to 7:00 am). with uniawHere times my steps:I have the first BatterieStats.dylib V1.3 loaded.(the old version I have not previously loaded)then I went to installthen install the V1.1 RamStats.dylib here onand it was also to see everything in the LSbut in this case the problem began with the rapid consumption and the hot display.I forgot to activate something or to stop?
    You can try adjust you timings to higher refresh numbers for the RAM and Battery stats to see if that helps. Try setting your timeouts in the Stats.js to 30 seconds for both the RAM and Battery queries. Then go to the var/mobile/preferences folder and change the timings higher (maybe try 30 here too) in the BatteryStats-prefs.plist and RAMStats-prefs.plist.

For the UniAW part, turn off the wind effect in the spinner options. You can also edit the config.js and turn off the birds, balloons and disable the second hand sweep from there.

You should be able to find a combination that works for your needs by adjusting the Battery and RAM timings and adjusting your UniAW Animations
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-04-2013 at 06:53 AM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Very Cool ! I like it
    Thank you

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megagizmo89 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steph53940 View Post
    good evening everyone.
    Here is the version of Ian without scrolling walls for iphone 5 and iphone4.
    It is set for iphone 5 but very easy to use for iphone 4.
    I added the widget Driffters remecie I also like guys who worked on this uniaw.

For iphone 5, and finally for the iWidget of driffters it will adjust the height in the LockBackground.html because not having the ip5 I can not watched.
    For iphone 4 is ok.

can u share it?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to jitwru For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,499 Times in 4,305 Posts

I guess your not running Stephs modded version with Timed walls or Slideshow on, the dandelion effects active, the animated birds, balloons, clouds and the active second hand?
    All of UniAW has those options and I leave them on except the gif birds - as I reported. It's not possible to run Timed Walls and Slideshow at same time and yes when the wind is over 20mph my dandelion effects come on too.
    Try downloading Stephs posted lockscreen version, and set it up with all those options enabled if you want to give accurate test results.
    I will but Simon's is even more full than Steph's and doesn't drain the way Scooter is saying. In fact I run Simon's mod on my LS and the WB version of UniAWscroll2 on my SB of AND 3 of your Ind Elements iWid AND your Battery Stats dylib & iWid and STILL don't get a 7% in 12 min. drain.
    His version is more graphic intensive than the UniAW setup your using and describing.
    Read above.

Edit: I guess you forget that you posted this on the UniAW thread eh?
    So where is the 9 hours you claim to be now getting? Why bother getting a Morphie Battery case then?
    Thank you for confirming my original post
    No inconsistency in my reporting at all Drift. Only a 2 hour discrepancy between what reported here and the post you cited from UniAW thread. I guess I was using phone a little more that day.. The point is "dropping 7% in 12 minutes" is not my experience and I cannot confirm that it's endemic ONLY to UniAW in any of its modded forms. Scooter has another complicating factor somewhere. I believe myself to be the worst animation hungry addict on MMI. Ain't nobody runnin' more than I am these days... Lol!!!!

What I CAN confirm is that UniAW6.3scroll2 is indeed even more battery intensive than version 6.21 as was my report you cited there. But not 7% drop in 12min. I will test Steph's today too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-04-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-04-2013), Project5 (07-04-2013), The.Drifter (07-04-2013)

Thanks

. I will test Steph's today too.