+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black icon background for themed apps inside Settings app

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, I have a question which hopefully someone can help me out with. I downloaded a theme whose icons have a "cut out" look to them. Obviously, 3rd party
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Black icon background for themed apps inside Settings app
    Hi guys, I have a question which hopefully someone can help me out with. I downloaded a theme whose icons have a "cut out" look to them. Obviously, 3rd party apps have to be themed separately, which I did. My springboard looks awesome! However, inside my settings app, the icons appear to have a black background instead of the transparent one which appears (or doesn't, actually ) on my springboard. Normally, this issue wouldn't bother me, but since I'm using the Auxo switcher, the small app icon also appears with a black background and this is the main issue I need to fix. I assume the files Auxo uses are the same ones used by the settings app. This only happens on apps downloaded from the App Store. All default files show up fine, without the black background. Can anyone give me any ideas? Thanks!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After over 400 views and not getting any suggestions, I thought maybe if I put up some screenshots some of you guys could get a better idea of what I'm talking about and help me out. The first pic shows my switcher, where you can see how the Settings and Mail icons have a transparent background and the Facebook and Whatsapp icons have a black/gray background. In the second pic inside Settings, iBooks has the black background and all the other apps have the default icon. None of the apps here should be themed but if they had to be I'd be cool with it. Finally in the third pic, within Settings>Notifications, you can see how Mail, Messages and App Store are themed but without a background. Skype, Twitter, Sync.ME and AppDelDia have the black background. Please, help!!! Thanks a lot guys!

BTW, I also noticed that if I copied the appname.app folder from /var/mobile/Applications/wierd number to var/stash/Applications.COfggg the first two issues are fixed. However, the apps are removed from Settings>Notifications and I obviously don't get notifications for those apps and in iBooks' case, the app will open but throw me out after a few seconds. Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black icon background for themed apps inside Settings app-img_0038.png   Black icon background for themed apps inside Settings app-img_0039.png   Black icon background for themed apps inside Settings app-img_0040.png  
    Last edited by jmripollg; 03-08-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

jmripollg (03-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you Jato!!!!! It worked perfectly!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

No probz! Happy to help!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor