+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing Thin Gray Line - Lockscreen Music Controls

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. I'm trying to remove the thin gray line on the music controls in the lock screen. It is the line between the play button and the volume slider. (Highlighed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Removing Thin Gray Line - Lockscreen Music Controls
    Hi. I'm trying to remove the thin gray line on the music controls in the lock screen. It is the line between the play button and the volume slider. (Highlighed by red outline)

Removing Thin Gray Line - Lockscreen Music Controls-img_0010-edited.png

I have extracted all the images from my shared.artwork and it's a lot to go through. Does anyone know what specific image is used here? I'm using WinterBoard to create a transparent theme for this. Thanks for your time. Any help will be very much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply man. I believe [email protected] covers the thin lines below the volume slider that formed a thin border (I think that was addressed in another forum). I have a clear version theme of that same image in my winterboard. The concern I raised here seems to be another image.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,228 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victor del Castillo View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply man. I believe [email protected] covers the thin lines below the volume slider that formed a thin border (I think that was addressed in another forum). I have a clear version theme of that same image in my winterboard. The concern I raised here seems to be another image.
    Ahh yip.

Check these files in

iPodUI.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

[email protected]

And also in MediaPlayer.framework

/System/Library/Frameworks

[email protected]

Just a guess. See how that goes
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-04-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the info dude. I forgot to mention, I am on iOS 6.1.2 (iPhone 3GS). I just thought that maybe some files have been renamed or maybe placed in a different location given that the whole look of the music controls in the lock screen has been changed from iOS 5 to iOS6. What do you think? I think the .frameworks you mentioned cover the Music player in the SpringBoard when the phone is unlocked, not the controls when you double press the home button on the lock screen. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also tried creating themes for both .frameworks in WinterBoard using the images, still to no avail. On another note, is this structure of my folders in creating a theme using the .frameworks you mentioned correct? No Line In Music Player / Bundles / com.apple.MediaPlayer / now-playing-overlay-highlight.png. Just in case I might be getting it wrong.

Thanks

Thanks for the info dude. I forgot to mention, I am on iOS 6.1.2 (iPhone 3GS). I just thought that maybe some files have been renamed or maybe placed in a different location given that the whole look of the music controls in the lock screen has been changed from iOS 5 to iOS6. What do you think? I think the .frameworks you mentioned cover the Music player in the SpringBoard when the phone is unlocked, not the controls when you double press the home button on the lock screen. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also tried creating themes for both .frameworks in WinterBoard using the images, still to no avail. On another note, is this structure of my folders in creating a theme using the .frameworks you mentioned correct? No Line In Music Player / Bundles / com.apple.MediaPlayer / now-playing-overlay-highlight.png. Just in case I might be getting it wrong.
    Yuh I think it's a major upgrade from iOS 5 to 6!

Oh I'm not too sure. I'll have to have a bit more of a look!

Yuh that directory structure looks right.

I'll have a bit more if a look tonight.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phibramor View Post
    iOS 5 much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Yuh I think it's a major upgrade from iOS 5 to 6!

Oh I'm not too sure. I'll have to have a bit more of a look!

Yuh that directory structure looks right.

I'll have a bit more if a look tonight.
    Thanks dude. I'll still keep on doing a research myself. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Victor del Castillo; 03-05-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks

Thanks dude. I'll still keep on doing a research myself. Thanks a lot.
    No worries. Could be in the extracted images too. Bit of an unknown really! I would also like to know!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey man. Thanks for the reply. I pretty much have the same theme as yours. Lock screen is clear. (Status bar, number pad, clock background) As mentioned, I'm having difficulty finding the image/s responsible for creating the line between the volume slider and play button. Please refer to the image on my first post to clarify. I'm on iOS 6.1.2. The line wasn't there from iOS 5.1.1 (my iOS before i updated to 6.1.2) to 6.0.1. And on 6.1.2, it suddenly popped up. Revamped look I guess.

Thanks

Have u tried putting a transparent version of this file in ur theme?

UIButtonBarShadow.png

Its the same size as the one that was on the bottom of the lockscreen and causing the gray line.

YourTheme/UIImages
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI. Here is my lock screen so far.

Removing Thin Gray Line - Lockscreen Music Controls-standby.png
    Lock Screen on standby.

Removing Thin Gray Line - Lockscreen Music Controls-music-controls.png
    Lock Screen with music controls. (Home button double press) This is where I need help. (Notice the thin line)

Removing Thin Gray Line - Lockscreen Music Controls-passcode-lock.png
    Lock screen passcode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So it wasn't there on 6.0.1??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So it wasn't there on 6.0.1??
    Apologies but I wasn't able to update my phone to 6.0.1 but based on your reply earlier you are on iOS 6.0.1, am I correct? and you also attached a screenshot of your lock screen as well. I'm assuming that that is the music controls for 6.0.1. Apologies for any confusion. The buttons for the music control in the lock screen has been revamped. If you'd care to look at my previous reply, you can compare the music controls to see the difference.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When the file is available to download via Cydia. I would like you to try it when I went to 6.0 from 5.x it ha the grey line I fixed the grey line. I still feel it will fix your problem. I seen that already. They are different but I had the same problem and mine is fixed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Have u tried putting a transparent version of this file in ur theme?

UIButtonBarShadow.png

Its the same size as the one that was on the bottom of the lockscreen and causing the gray line.

YourTheme/UIImages
    I tried that as well. No changes. I think this consists of more than just one image. I'm just guessing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When the file is available to download via Cydia. I would like you to try it when I went to 6.0 from 5.x it ha the grey line I fixed the grey line. I still feel it will fix your problem. I seen that already. They are different but I had the same problem and mine is fixed
    Hey dude. I've tried the Cydia tweak you mentioned. Though the line on the lock screen is gone, the line on the music player is still there.