+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: System Icons Not Changing?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm currently working on a theme for Winterboard. The only problem is, none of the system icons or Cydia icons are changing. Specifically I have the com.apple.MobileSMS directory with a
    Thanks

Default System Icons Not Changing?
    I'm currently working on a theme for Winterboard. The only problem is, none of the system icons or Cydia icons are changing. Specifically I have the com.apple.MobileSMS directory with a custom [email protected] and it isn't showing up. I also have a custom IconMask that isn't working on those either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odd-e View Post
    I'm currently working on a theme for Winterboard. The only problem is, none of the system icons or Cydia icons are changing. Specifically I have the com.apple.MobileSMS directory with a custom [email protected] and it isn't showing up. I also have a custom IconMask that isn't working on those either. Any help would be appreciated.
    The SMS icon is named "[email protected]" not the way you have it. YES to theme iOS it has to be spelt exactly the same. Icons need to be the same size. E.g 118x120px canvas for Native icons.

This has been explained in a thread I posted here.

iOS6x Theme GUIDE
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

You'll find that, like iOS 5, Apple renamed some of the icons in iOS 6. Specifically, I found that Calendar, Camera, Photos, Mail, and Videos were affected (of the stock apps, anyway). Case is important as well.
    Camera went to "Camera@2x~iphone.png"
    Mail went to "[email protected]"

Photos went the same as the Camera with "Photos@2x~iphone.png".
    I have yet to figure out Calendar (but I am just about to look through the link above).
    Always hate when I update and half a theme works. lol If the link form Jato sheds light, consider that user THANKED!