+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possibility to prioritise Music/Podcasts apps? (activator?)

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently moved from Podcaster to Downcast as my main podcast app and it works great! But! What I have noticed is that when I use my power button (activator
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Possibility to prioritise Music/Podcasts apps? (activator?)
    I recently moved from Podcaster to Downcast as my main podcast app and it works great!

But!

What I have noticed is that when I use my power button (activator - assigned to short hold - Play/pause) more times than not, the iPhone ignores the up and running Downcast app, and instead launches the iPod/music app from scratch and starts to play music. This happens even if i, via SBsettings actually kill the music process (sometimes not visible in the app switcher) on the process handler.

That's a bit strange, and even stranger is that I very, very rarely had this problem with Podcaster.

So what I'm wondering is if there is some way of setting a priority of apps in some plist file in the system. (or in the app itself?) So I can put Downcast as priority 1, ipod/music as priority 2, and so on.

Let me know if you guys and gals have any ideas!
    Last edited by rhaos; 02-16-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: I was spelling like a crazy person.