Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove icon shadows in IOS6

Default Remove icon shadows in IOS6
    Hello everyone, I've been trying to get rid of these annoying icon shadows as seen in the dock of the picture. I have already messed around with files like IconDarkningOverlay or WallpaperIconShadow/WallpaperDockIconshadow, but nothing works. I figured out that this shadow issue only happens to non-stock apps! I also cleared Springboard cache, no changes. Please help!

-foto.png

Formerly known as D3@TH Technologx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi_Earl View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been trying to get rid of these annoying icon shadows as seen in the dock of the picture. I have already messed around with files like IconDarkningOverlay or WallpaperIconShadow/WallpaperDockIconshadow, but nothing works. I figured out that this shadow issue only happens to non-stock apps! I also cleared Springboard cache, no changes. Please help!

-foto.png
    Try Themename/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/SBDockMask@2x/SBDockMask@2~iphone.png see if that helps

I already have a transparent SBDockmask, but I assume this doesn't fix the problem because I also have the black icon baclground on apps on the homescreen.
    Any further suggestions? How did you solve the problem?

Thanks

Try this:

Go to System>Library>Coreservices>Springboard.app

Rename or delete WallpaperDockShadow and WallpaperDockShadowT

Where dreams come true!
    D3@TH's Creations

I simply did this though
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1360585284.170193.jpg

Where dreams come true!
    D3@TH's Creations
    Last edited by Technologx; 02-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Thank you for your help, but no, that didn't work for me too..

Thanks

Did you apply in WinterBoard and do a WinterBoard respring not SBSettings respring?

As winterboard didn't function for my issue, I started to replace the files in System/Library/Springboard, but even this doesn't fix the black shadow. It's kinda devastating.... I don't understand why

I was having the same issue with ayecon. Shrink has the option of disabling icon shadow and that fixed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi_Earl View Post
    As winterboard didn't function for my issue, I started to replace the files in System/Library/Springboard, but even this doesn't fix the black shadow. It's kinda devastating.... I don't understand why
    I believe they are part of the image itself

I don't think so, because I already got it managed to manually replace them for the Appsitcher! There must be a way, I also got shrink but it doesn't do the trick for me, too...

Where are the icondarkeningoverlay files found on the iPhone 5? I'm trying to get rid of the shadows when pressing the icons. Anyone know?

Thanks

It's AppIconOverlay, AppIconMask, and AppIconShadow they should be able to be found in System/Library/CoreSerivces/SprinBoard.app

You have a theme applied (Buuf) that overwrites the IconDarkeningOverlay file. Go into var/stash/themes.xxxx/Buufxxx/com.apple.springboard/ and rename THAT version, respring, and that should work. Report back.
    Quaerite et invenietis.