Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to clear messaging contact list

Default How to clear messaging contact list
    Anyone happen to know how to clear the contacts list that appears when choosing a contact to send a message? I have removed some contacts, but they are still listed when I begin to type in a contact name, to send a text message. My iPhone 4S is on IOS 6.1 and Jailbroken with evasi0n. I do not want to do a complete erase and restore as a new device.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    If you've deleted the contact out of your Contacts app (or via the Phone app), check to make sure the deleted contacts weren't also linked from an e-mail account. If they were, they may still show up, even if the Contacts entry was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Overgauge View Post
    If you've deleted the contact out of your Contacts app (or via the Phone app), check to make sure the deleted contacts weren't also linked from an e-mail account. If they were, they may still show up, even if the Contacts entry was deleted.
    Thanks for the reply Overgauge. That is a good recommendation, but I have verified all that. I have determined it cannot be done. Since my iPhone is JB, I switched to biteSMS, which is a much better messaging app anyway.