+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WINTERBOARD: How to edit status bar icons positions

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys! I have spent a couple of hours trying to find the answer, so I figured I'd ask some of you smarties who probably know how to modify this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WINTERBOARD: How to edit status bar icons positions
    Hey guys! I have spent a couple of hours trying to find the answer, so I figured I'd ask some of you smarties who probably know how to modify this I know the basics to creating a Winterboard theme, but not everything. My question is this: How do you actually move the positions of the iPhone status bar icons? And don't tell me arrangestatusbar Cydia app or anything. It isn't stable in the leas, so I'd rather do it myself. To give you an idea of what i'm doing, I'm actually trying to match my iPhone status bar to Android Jellybean. I don't have to accomplish this via winterboard, but it seems to me to be the most reasonable option. From hat I've read you can move the position of the pixels for the time "icon", but I want to move them all. Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,100 Times in 1,827 Posts

For some of my theme I'm building I've found you can create transparent padding to force the image to end up in the desired location. This certainly works within theming the apps. There are always going to be limitations within the iOS and possibly what results WinterBoard can achieve due the way the code is deployed/implemented.

Maybe a tweak is needed to override the iOS status bar layout? I'm not sure but perhaps try the transparent padding technique?

e.g the "[email protected]" is 42px by 40 px try adding a transparent padding of say 320px to the current width from the lefthand side and IT may shift over by that many pixels? or it may shift it to the right by a little amount. It is a lot of trial and error this way but it does work.

Sometimes I have found no matter how much you "pad" it over the iOS or WB won't move the pngs to where you want it to.

Perhaps thats where Dreamboard may have an upper hand on WB with the coding aspect???

Just my thoughts tho...
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

potpotsie (01-28-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey thanks for your awesome response! That was very informative! Now here is two images one of Android status bar and one of iOS (obviously) so do you think it would be possible to accomplish rearranging the icons to that degree just by this padding method? I don't only want to space them, I want to rearrange them. I also want to switch the icon images to be Android, but one step at a time, and I prioritize the positioning over the actual images for the icons. So what do you think? Is this the type of thing you yourself could try and toy with and see if any progress could be made? Thanks for your help so far WINTERBOARD: How to edit status bar icons positions-ios-status-bar.jpgWINTERBOARD: How to edit status bar icons positions-android-status-bar.jpg

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 Times in 5,906 Posts

I am fairly positive that what you are trying to accomplish cannot be done through WB. It would take a mobile substrate tweak, like arrangestatusbar.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now what i'm asking here might be absolutely stupid, but I'll ask it anyway As far as you know do we know where the files are actually stored that dictate positioning along with other elements of the status bar icons? If so, would it be possibly for me to create a "mobile substrate tweak" with very minimal programming knowledge? Thanks!!

Thanks

[QUOTE=potpotsie;6747549]Hey thanks for your awesome response! That was very informative! Now here is two images one of Android status bar and one of iOS (obviously) so do you think it would be possible to accomplish rearranging the icons to that degree just by this padding method? I don't only want to space them, I want to rearrange them. I also want to switch the icon images to be Android, but one step at a time, and I prioritize the positioning over the actual images for the icons. So what do you think? Is this the type of thing you yourself could try and toy with and see if any progress could be made? Thanks for your help so far

Happy to share thoughts on this. As King mentioned a Mobile Sub tweak is going to probably let you do exactly what you want to do BUT if you are unable to write the code for the tweak the padding method could possibly work? I don't really have the time I'm sorry. But just in my past experience I have found you can force the iOS to display pngs around the screen instead of the original positions. The status is a bit different as the boundaries are defined within the 40px area from the top.

See how you go
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for that, I do have one more question as far as this "padding" method goes. I understand the spacing ideas, but what are the "commands" for each indivudall icon on the statusbar? I think that the time is like "timestyle" or something like that, but what are the rest? Or are there even options for the rest?

Thanks

Hey man, no no not that way, just done via the image and no coding used. I had a muck around with a few symbols. It kinda threw everything out. I was able to move the lock symbol over by the batt % but then it forces the signal bars off the to the left.

As King mentioned this mostly likely will need to be done via a tweak thru Mobile Substrate.

Have you used XCode? I am learning very very slowly but to make JB Tweaks it's even harder...

Could be a good wee project tho if you tackle it front on!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-29-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's the closest "equivalent" to XCode for Windows? That's my current OS and my access to Mac is limited.

Thanks

I'm not sure that you can do it without Xcode.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

I think it's limited to Mac...there is Theos but it's for Mac as well. Might have to jump on Google I'm afraid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right! I did jump on Google and looked around... SO does that essentially mean that without a Mac I simply can do no development as far as iOS "hack" programs go? I know to make official AppStore products you need a Mac, but I figured for Cydia and a Jailbreak source it would be different. Maybe not?

Thanks

Unsure man. Could seem plausible that Apple restrict the SDK's to Mac or HFS type systems? Can you run OSX on PC? I have seen a YouTube vid of someone doing if that helps?

Thanks

Yes, you need a Mac. Sorry.