+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change Airplane mode icon

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 3gs 32gb on ios 6.0.1 and I use ifunbox with it. I would like to know how to change the airplane mode icon using ifunbox ie..
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to change Airplane mode icon
    I have an iPhone 3gs 32gb on ios 6.0.1 and I use ifunbox with it.
    I would like to know how to change the airplane mode icon using ifunbox
    ie.. file locations ????

Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,827 Posts

That image is apart of the Shared.artwork on a 3GS. You need to extract that Shared file to mod it directly which I'm not sure if the iOS extract works on Non Retina artwork. I have extracted the 6.0.1 [email protected]k with no issues.

OR

If you running WinterBoard then the image will need to go in YourTheme/UIImages

For SD the image size is exactly half of the Retina image so

16x20px and named "WhiteOnBlackEtch_Airplane.png"

See how you go
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    That image is apart of the Shared.artwork on a 3GS. You need to extract that Shared file to mod it directly which I'm not sure if the iOS extract works on Non Retina artwork. I have extracted the 6.0.1 [email protected]k with no issues.

OR

If you running WinterBoard then the image will need to go in YourTheme/UIImages

For SD the image size is exactly half of the Retina image so

16x20px and named "WhiteOnBlackEtch_Airplane.png"

See how you go
    Can you please elaborate on where in the file system the YourTheme/UIImages folder needs to go? For a retina screen, would the size be 40 pix wide 32 pix long?

Just to be clear, if you put a .png image named "WhiteOnBlackEtch_Airplane.png" in a folder called "UIImages" in a theme folder, the system (winterboard)
    will use that image for the airplane mode icon?

Thanks!

Thanks

[email protected]

36x40px

[email protected]

32x40px

Yes it goes in YourTheme/UIImages

See how you go

Yip that's right, About the iOS using your theme folder to display your theme images IF named correctly and in the correct directory.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-09-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[email protected]

36x40px

[email protected]

32x40px

Yes it goes in YourTheme/UIImages

See how you go

Yip that's right, About the iOS using your theme folder to display your theme images IF named correctly and in the correct directory.
    Thank you...now it is working if I select Airplane Mode from the Settings UI, but if I use a SBSettings Toggle, it still uses the old icon. Clearly it doesn't reference the modified files. Is there a way to do this?

Thx!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now I am really confused. I went through the procedure to change the Ulkit.framework files using Python, PIL, etc., and although it shows my custom icon when I select Airplane Mode from settings, it shows the old icon when I select it from either SBSettings or from IntelliscreenX toggles. Interestingly enough, it does show the new icon when you use Auxo's toggles. I thought all the toggles would reference the system graphic and thus by changing the file directly instead of using Winterboard, it would solve the problem. So, why does using these toggles show the old icon, and is there a way to remedy that? Thanks!

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, that is what I did. I got the artwork file, used the pil to create a new version with my custom image and yet those toggles still show the old image. How can that be?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just checked and it did indeed change the icon after all on the main sb, but it is showing the old icon in the notification center. Is there a different file that shows the airplane icon in the notification center? Do you know the name of that file and is it also in the same Shared@2x file?

Thx.

Thanks

Can you post a screenshot? The toggles come with SBSettings so they will need to be themed separately. The Airplane icon when Airplane Mode is toggled should be the artwork file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you post a screenshot? The toggles come with SBSettings so they will need to be themed separately. The Airplane icon when Airplane Mode is toggled should be the artwork file.
    After a while, I finally figured it out. In addition to the changing the file "[email protected]", I also needed to modify the "[email protected]" file as that is the one that gets displayed when the notification center is activated.

Thanks again for all your help!