+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 question

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ive been reading & searching trying to find something concrete on why my battery drains so quick.Ive found a few discussions on the problem,some saying Winterboard,others say Springtomize 2.Im wondering
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Springtomize 2 question
    Ive been reading & searching trying to find something concrete on why my battery drains so quick.Ive found a few discussions on the problem,some saying Winterboard,others say Springtomize 2.Im wondering if anyone else out there is having dramas with battery drain while its installed?Should i swap it out for seperate tweaks (5 icon dock,iconoclasm,etc)?Would like to know your thoughts on it :-S
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

I got all them tweaks and have issue with my 4s at all and have a lot of tweaks running a lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

My friend had Springtomize 2 & then uninstalled it due to battery drain and is running his tweaks separately...said his batt life is better. I was under the impression S2 is like having the ability to run a fair amount of tweaks under it by itself.

I don't run S2 and my 4S lasts a day at the most with WinterBoard. Locations zap the battery I think. Maybe have 15 tweaks on my phone...

Keep us posted on what you do and the results
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Since my last post,i done a fresh install as new phone.Installed seperate tweaks(5 icon dock,nonewsisgoodnews,iconoclasm,etc),and did not install Springtomize 2.Im now getting 16+ hours with 7+ hours of usage (im a heavy user-lots of ipod,texting,calls,etc).Best i have gotten was 27hrs standby with 9hrs usage.Im now enjoying my battery again,so for me,Springtomize 2 wont be making it back on my phone again
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
    Since my last post,i done a fresh install as new phone.Installed seperate tweaks(5 icon dock,nonewsisgoodnews,iconoclasm,etc),and did not install Springtomize 2.Im now getting 16+ hours with 7+ hours of usage (im a heavy user-lots of ipod,texting,calls,etc).Best i have gotten was 27hrs standby with 9hrs usage.Im now enjoying my battery again,so for me,Springtomize 2 wont be making it back on my phone again
    Cool gd to hear! Thought that was the case. I'm pretty sure u can get around the tweak situation without S2. Less IS more!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,049 Times in 6,225 Posts

I really don't think your problem was S2. I believe it had more to do with the restore than anything. Why not install it again and turn off the other tweaks and then see what you get. Also making calls does not mean heavy usage. Phone calls actually use very little battery. Try reducing the brightness of your screen, that would have a larger impact.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!