Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help with a few mods & original file request.

Default I need help with a few mods & original file request.
    Hey, I was wanting to know if anyone could help me with a few things? -snip-

Next, can anyone please tell me how I can manually (no tweak) disable the artwork on the lockscreen?

Also, does anyone know of a way I can mod the carrier image in the [email protected]k file to be a smaller size? This way I can get rid of the carrier logo. I realize there are tweaks out there I can use to change it to be just a space but then it leaves a big gap. I also would rather not use a tweak to do this. If there is another way to do so without using any tweaks or Winterboard, I'd be glad to hear them.
    Last edited by DDjusD; 01-02-2013 at 07:03 PM.

I'm not sure about the carrier image, but for the lock screen artwork, you could try removing the
    //System/Library/SpringBoardPlugins/NowPlayingArtLockScreen.lockbundle/ folder.

I have not tried this, and am not sure what other effects it could potentially have, so remember to make a backup.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SYDNK For This Useful Post:

DDjusD (01-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

As a Themer my suggestion for the carrier logo would be to resize the image smaller and place it on the same size png file as used within the [email protected]k file & repack the artwork files. It's the only way without using WB. U will need to unpack (extract) your original [email protected]k or find one on the net and place your modded images -Named exactly as they previously were and the same dimensions as the original file, within the directory (there is over a 1000 images contained with the [email protected]k file) then repack it as a artwork file. There is a possibility that the file size maybe smaller and apparently the iOS can spit the dummy if it's not the same file size e.g 4KB original file and 2KB modded image. Really it's trial and error. There is a tutorial on here for extracting these artworks files done via Python with a PIL imaging library and run from CMD (windows)

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyFarmer View Post
    I'm not sure about the carrier image, but for the lock screen artwork, you could try removing the
    //System/Library/SpringBoardPlugins/NowPlayingArtLockScreen.lockbundle/ folder.

I have not tried this, and am not sure what other effects it could potentially have, so remember to make a backup.
    I would not try this method. Well the removing aspect. Maybe rename it to "NowPlayingArtLockScreenORIGINAL.lockbundle/[/FONT] folder"

So it is still contained with the correct directory except the iOS won't be able to call on it.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-02-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

DDjusD (01-03-2013)