+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tweak to Prevent "Carrier Settings Update"

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I can't seem to find a tweak that will disable the "Carrier Settings Update" notification that appears every time I visit the "About" section under General Settings. It sometimes appears
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Tweak to Prevent "Carrier Settings Update"
    I can't seem to find a tweak that will disable the "Carrier Settings Update" notification that appears every time I visit the "About" section under General Settings. It sometimes appears at random while in the home screen.

I use an iPhone 4, tethered 6.0.1, on baseband 4.11.08 that was unlocked during the SAM activation window back in April 2012. It is critical that I don't lose this unlock, so a tweak to disable this notification would be ideal.

I installed "No Update" in the modmyi repository, but that seems to affect only OTA firmware update notifications.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisemanleo View Post
    I can't seem to find a tweak that will disable the "Carrier Settings Update" notification that appears every time I visit the "About" section under General Settings. It sometimes appears at random while in the home screen.

I use an iPhone 4, tethered 6.0.1, on baseband 4.11.08 that was unlocked during the SAM activation window back in April 2012. It is critical that I don't lose this unlock, so a tweak to disable this notification would be ideal.

I installed "No Update" in the modmyi repository, but that seems to affect only OTA firmware update notifications.
    Back in April, did you call AT&T to get your phone factory unlocked? Your baseband is un-lockable unless its factory unlocked.

I dont think there's a tweak to prevent carrier update. As long as you don't update your baseband, you shouldn't have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Southern128; 11-23-2012 at 06:08 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, the phone was purchased through Softbank (Japan), and they don't support unlocking.

That said, I just updated my carrier settings a few moments ago. I can confirm that it did not update my baseband version, just the carrier version.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,824 Times in 6,147 Posts

Carrier settings update can't update your baseband.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!