+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to copy an entire 4S onto another 4S?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I'm replacing my 4S with iOS 5.1.1 for another 4S. I've invested quite a bit into downloading and setting up packages on the phone and I don't fancy having
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to copy an entire 4S onto another 4S?
    Hi,

I'm replacing my 4S with iOS 5.1.1 for another 4S. I've invested quite a bit into downloading and setting up packages on the phone and I don't fancy having to do it all again. Is there a way to essentially copy the entire phone, with all the Cydia packages onto another? I've heard of SHSH but I couldn't find any information on it. I think I've saved an SHSH blob using TinyUmbrella but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

You can use something like windows explorer or cyber duck if ya have a Mac.
    It's something like windows explorer and you can find the command line for all ya tweaks and themes etc and drag move them over like that

iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to Cydia on old phone. Download and install PKGbackup. A small fee. Run and store all your apps and Mods to Box, Dropbox and others. Backup phone to itunes. Connect new phone to iTunes. Sign in same account. Restore to the backup. Re-Jailbreak. Install PKGbackup. Open restore from Dropbox or other one. Apps and mods will be restored. Hope it works for you. Although new Redsnow will allow you to downgrade old 4s too
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

That will also work to ^^^^

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Small FEE:10.00 bucks,, aptbackup free or,, manage your account give's list of apt's for free

Thanks

PkgBackup is a must-have tool for anyone who wants to backup Cydia packages and mods. The fee is well worth it. If you or the OP are looking for a free option, then SSH in to copy all manual mods and manually write down everything in the installed and sources list. That is not that hard to do, but the cost of convenience in this case is PkgBackup. To note, I have been saved by this app many-a-time, getting my customizations back very quickly after a screw up or three when manually modifying system files.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix