+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I create a settings app?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello ladies and gentlemen I Hope someone can give me help on how to make a settings app. I'm very familar with themeing and everything cydia related, but have no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How do I create a settings app?
    Hello ladies and gentlemen

I Hope someone can give me help on how to make a settings app. I'm very familar with themeing and everything cydia related, but have no idea at all what is needed for a settings app.
    The idea ist (I think) relativly simple; A page under the settings.app (just like many tweaks and stuff have one) where you could choose between 2 images. Those shall be swapped within a theme. I bellieve this would "simply" require an app capable of renameing files. For example rename exampletheme.theme/UIImages/UIScrubberKnobALT.png to UIScrubberKnob.png, and vice versa.
    I do know you could just make two themes with each one containing a different png, but it will be a mess if you want to do this to more files, not just one or two.

So have the theme-user easily switch between lets say 4 unlock-sliders. From the settings-screen of the theme

Now, can anyone tell me what would be needed to accomplish this task, and more importantly help me with it? Or name a tutorial that explains it. If it requires actual knowledge of Xcode, then I and I bet many others will apperciate it alot if you (who knows how to do it) can create a Template.setting, best with a customizable plist where everyone could add the imagenames they want to change (That should be doable)

Show me what you can do, ModMyI

apperciating any help,
    fru1tfly

PS.: Please excuse any weird sentences of grammar errors, I'm not a nativly english speaking person
    Last edited by fru1tfly; 08-31-2012 at 06:48 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,001 Posts

What you are looking to do, requires a few things to happen. Yes, you can create the visible app with just a plist, but then you need to be able to save the info to a file typically json format, then you can do a jquery to utilize the data. Are you with me so far? Now, it may be possible to have the app actually write directly to a js file, but I would have to think about that. I recently started a project that is very similar to what you describe, but will do even more.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

fru1tfly (09-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would be cool if you could tell me more about your project. Because I'm not very familiar with java and I'm not sure if I want to spent some weeks to learn the basics. As I guess not much is needed, it shouldn't be "much more" than a script that can read a file with info off a plist and then rename image files according to it, right?

Keep in touch, because this is the only flaw with winterboard I know.

fru1tfly

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fru1tfly View Post
    Would be cool if you could tell me more about your project. Because I'm not very familiar with java and I'm not sure if I want to spent some weeks to learn the basics. As I guess not much is needed, it shouldn't be "much more" than a script that can read a file with info off a plist and then rename image files according to it, right?

Keep in touch, because this is the only flaw with winterboard I know.

fru1tfly
    Inbox cleared
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!